Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I am NOW very happy with the Elka upgrades. Whatever you do, make sure you verify and confirm and then double check everything. I had my shocks rebuilt and ASSUMED they were set for my weight and riding style. After a few thousand miles of fighting the bike in turns, I realized there was a difference in preload of the shocks. I could kinda feel that one side was stiffer than the other when standing on the floorboards and rocking back and forth. Measuring the shock preload reveled that there was almost a half inch difference in shock preload. After adjusting, I am now a very happy rider. A tremendous difference in handling and I couldn't be happier.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

It's a long thread, so I just skimmed it.
    I'm sure someone else has said the same thing, so I apologize in advance for being redundant.

The biggest bang for your buck is replacing the stock Sway Bar with the RonBar. Single biggest improvement you can make to the handling of the Spayder, Bar None. (pun intended). Makes the Spyder corner like it's on rails, without affecting the plushness of the ride.

Installing new shocks, or shock adjusters affects the ride. You may want that, or not.
    Try the RonBar first and see if that's adequate for your needs. If not, buy the Elkas.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, and if I am, someone on this forum will surely let me know about it soon.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've owned 3 Spyder's over 8 years. In my opinion, any improvements made to the suspension are worthwhile. I currently have added the sway bar and the adjusters from Ron. I have also driven Spyder's with just the Fox adds and Elkas. Not much difference to me if any. Again, just my opinion.