Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by the2pid1 View Post
    Is there an advantage over my 998 twin with modified exhaust and two brothers racing juice pack? In running about 126 hp now and I would like a safe and sound 150 with no speed limiter. I can run 91 or 93 octane now but with the fuel controller it dumps fuel and stinks too much.
    Where are you getting your info that you're running 126hp?
    Did you run a dyno?

There's no way you're going to get 150 out of the 998 without either a turbo or doing cams.
    Even the ECU reprogramming being discussed here won't take you to 150 from 106.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    Iv'e been testing ECU reflashes for the 1330 motor and the finale product is complete. But I can't up load the video as it's not a compatible?

Here is where the finale product is at for performance.
    1. Stock 1st gear 0 to 50 mph @ 6 seconds, Flash 0 to 63 mph @ 6 seconds
    2. Stock 2nd gear roll on at 35 mph @ 6 seconds = 63 mph. flash 35 mph to 83 mph 6 seconds
    3. Stock 3rd gear roll on at 45 mph @ 6 seconds = 73 mph. flash 45 mph to 96 mph 6 seconds

I'm probably going to take some flack, but here it is. Monster Fuel injection out of Canada specializes in ALL THINGS BRP for flashing.
    https://monsterfuelinjection.com/
    I'm testing the finale flash and trying to get 500 miles on it. All that's left is to finalize the rev limit. My test ECU is at 9,200 rpm and my RT gets there really quickly, " about 10 seconds" in the first two gears. The Monster Fuel team is considering 8,800 rpm for the rev limit as that is slightly past peak power. There is a flash form on the web page.
    Here is what you need to know, premium gas only, works well with stock exhaust, no straight open exhaust, " you have to add a Big City Thunder sound insert or Lamont's cat delete with insert, Akrapovic or Two Brother exhaust with the P1 performance tip.
    Here is what you'll get. first the video looks and sounds like a NASCAR shot of the dash. The tack needle and digital speedo are just a blurr and the sound of shifting @ 9,200 is utterly amazing. We set the stock mapping to work below 60% throttle pull and the attack mapping above. For the RT owner you can choose to stay in the stock map all day, but, get to 5,000 rpm in any gear and you'll have fantastic two up power for passing. Dump your passenger and run with the big dogs. But the best is for the F3 owner. Open the throttle anytime past 60% and you'll first notice an uptick @ 4,000 rpm. At 5,400 rpm you'll have matched your stock peak performance. At 6,200 through 9,200 You'll be the Leader of the Pack. I raced sport bikes for 45 years and I know if an F3 powers through and out of a corner at 7,600 rpm you'll have at least a six bike length lead and just be hitting the sweet spot for a long and strong power pull. A sport bike would have to risk his life to pass you. All limitations and restrictions have been removed, " more that 60 total". I suspect F3 owners will be knocking on 140 mph top end. One look at the video and I say OMG everytime
    If these acceleration improvements can be accomplished via ECU re-programming I have wasted a ton of money on cyl head porting-stronger valves & valve springs, cam upgrades, intake manifolds, pistons, rods, etc I'm not from Missouri but the "show me" approach still applies. I have exchanged multiple emails with Monsterfuel aka Steve Bramham. Steve uses the lc2-LC32 data logger from Innovative Motorsports I had on my 2006 NOS Busa. It's realtime riding down the road/track verses a dyno graph. Real time data logging records atmosphere press, timing, A/F RPM,+ whatever input is wired in. It is also more accurate & specific to the bike. I'm thinking about sending my ECU to Steve when I'm on vacation--BUT--I would love to see more documented support for the acceleration % increases you have posted above----based on my previous experience--those numbers appear to be grossly exaggerated . I want to see video proof--If your computer system can't decode the video--send them to me--I'm good at that stuff--sincerely--Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    There's no way you're going to get 150 out of the 998 without either a turbo or doing cams.
    Even the ECU reprogramming being discussed here won't take you to 150 from 106.
    I read his post to be is there any advantage in a 1330 that has had the ECU reprogrammed (presumably in an F3) over his tuned 998. So he was asking for 150 HP from the 1330 with no speed limiter.

I could of course be wrong .
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    I read his post to be is there any advantage in a 1330 that has had the ECU reprogrammed (presumably in an F3) over his tuned 998. So he was asking for 150 HP from the 1330 with no speed limiter.

I could of course be wrong .
    Maybe... Guess I didn't see it that way....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i want to get this done to my wifes rt she really likes the way my f3 runs

Spyder Garage

Default HP and torque

I don't understand how they can rate both the RT and the F3 as having the same HP and torque when it is
    obvious that the F3 has a bigger rear sprocket.

I can get rubber on dry pavement with my F3T. I had to have grass or wet pavement with my RTs.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RATINGS

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post
    I don't understand how they can rate both the RT and the F3 as having the same HP and torque when it is
    obvious that the F3 has a bigger rear sprocket.

I can get rubber on dry pavement with my F3T. I had to have grass or wet pavement with my RTs.
    Because they are giving you the numbers for the engine ..... what sprocket it has isn't in the equation /.// Mike

Spyder Garage

Some vid clips thrown together. Posted in a new thread under general shop talk. As its an RT in those clips.

Spyder Garage

Where are those links/clips?!? There doesn't seem to be anything in the other post/new thread you just started?

Spyder Garage

Here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?106515-Monster-Fi-video-test-clips-RT-ecu
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Where are those links/clips?!? There doesn't seem to be anything in the other post/new thread you just started?

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Here is some verification

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ning-on-an-F3S Keep in mind this is for stock rev limit with 20 hp gain. My ECU testing reveals I pull red line cleanly at both 8,800 and 9,100 rpm. So peak power should be around 35 hp over stock.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...t-clips-RT-ecu . Take a stop watch to this video of an RT with Baker Air Wings. 50' of rubber with the nanny kicking in. 0 to 83 mph in under 8 seconds. Like you I have wasted bigger money for a lot less gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    If these acceleration improvements can be accomplished via ECU re-programming I have wasted a ton of money on cyl head porting-stronger valves & valve springs, cam upgrades, intake manifolds, pistons, rods, etc I'm not from Missouri but the "show me" approach still applies. I have exchanged multiple emails with Monsterfuel aka Steve Bramham. Steve uses the lc2-LC32 data logger from Innovative Motorsports I had on my 2006 NOS Busa. It's realtime riding down the road/track verses a dyno graph. Real time data logging records atmosphere press, timing, A/F RPM,+ whatever input is wired in. It is also more accurate & specific to the bike. I'm thinking about sending my ECU to Steve when I'm on vacation--BUT--I would love to see more documented support for the acceleration % increases you have posted above----based on my previous experience--those numbers appear to be grossly exaggerated . I want to see video proof--If your computer system can't decode the video--send them to me--I'm good at that stuff--sincerely--Darrell

Spyder Garage

is this for sale now and if so how much?

Spyder Garage

Default FOR SALE NOW

Quote Originally Posted by tomand View Post
    ? ? ? ...... I think I saw $ 350.00 or so, depending on exactly what you want done. I think there are some options in this Flash ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

https://monsterfuelinjection.com/spyder/
    Fill out the flash form. Mail it fed Ex Ground. Monster Fuel will Pay Pal you. Probably back by Friday
    Quote Originally Posted by tomand View Post

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default n person

can this be done if we ride up on a saturday

Spyder Garage

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ning-on-an-F3S Keep in mind this is for stock rev limit with 20 hp gain. My ECU testing reveals I pull red line cleanly at both 8,800 and 9,100 rpm. So peak power should be around 35 hp over stock.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...t-clips-RT-ecu . Take a stop watch to this video of an RT with Baker Air Wings. 50' of rubber with the nanny kicking in. 0 to 83 mph in under 8 seconds. Like you I have wasted bigger money for a lot less gain.

That being true--BRP must have really de-tuned the 1330 to meet emission standards--It's still hard to believe but "the proof is in the pudding" Big Thanks for the video.
    Darrell
    Doesn't Calif require a vehicle smog test every 2 yrs in order to renew your plates???
    Last edited by Wildrice; 07-22-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Pissed at Can-am

Not happy that can-am selected for me what power they were wiling to allow me on a $30,000 machine. Bottom line, if Yamaha entered into the three wheel product line, overnight the dealers would have software upgrades for past, present and future machines. There is still more to come from Monster Fuel as stage two flash is in the works. In the Sea-Do line up there is a 1550 cc triple ​motor putting out 260 hp with 0 to 60 in about 3 seconds.

al
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    That being true--BRP must have really de-tuned the 1330 to meet emission standards--It's still hard to believe but "the proof is in the pudding" Big Thanks for the video.
    Darrell
    Doesn't Calif require a vehicle smog test every 2 yrs in order to renew your plates???
    Last edited by Dennis in Lodi; 07-23-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

Not happy that can-am selected for me what power they were wiling to allow me on a $30,000 machine. Bottom line, if Yamaha entered into the three wheel product line, overnight the dealers would have software upgrades for past, present and future machines. There is still more to come from Monster Fuel as stage two flash is in the works. In the Sea-Do line up there is a 1550 cc triple ​motor putting out 260 hp with 0 to 6 in about 3 seconds.

al
    Yeah.. that 1550 is a beast... but it's also supercharged.... I've ridden one... they go like a bat outta hell.

Spyder Garage

Default 2,000 mile MPG results

Hi, I'm the guy who took a leap and got Monster Fuel interested in Mapping for the 1330 motor. I now have 2,000 miles on my flash and you would have to pry it from my cold dead hands before I would go back to stock. I discovered some mpg info while touring to Canada for stage two testing.
    Country type cruising town to town lower speeds best tank was 40.5 mpg. or the same as stock. Because I have an AFR gauge on my bike for testing, I'm able to tell where the transition is from stock to flash. At around 72 to 75 mph, depending on a head wind, you start cruising on the flash. MPG starts to suffer, one tank cruising at 82 mph I dropped to 30 mpg. But, I discovered if you switch to the ECO mode I get back to normal stock mpg of around 32 mpg when pushing the bike hard. No need to switch to ECO mode if cruising under 72 mph.
    Countless times I noticed something the bike does better, more fun than it did stock. In Michigan, even the semi's go 85 mph in a 75 mph zone. The power I had in 5th gear was comforting for getting into a small slot while merging onto the busy interstate.
    Last edited by Dennis in Lodi; 07-23-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have been reading about the ecumenical flash my dad told me of.
    I am officially in ecumenical flash savings mode. I can't wait
    2014 RT-S , Brake pedal extention and hand brake Pearl white

Spyder Garage

Thanks for fuel economy info, Dennis.........very interesting......Mind you, I’m so happy with my flash from Jase that I couldn’t care less if my MPG suffers a little

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DuaneH View Post
    I have been reading about the ecumenical flash my dad told me of.
    I am officially in ecumenical flash savings mode. I can't wait
    Duane, & ….. I just sent a return PM …… Mike ... PS you might want to PM " SethO", you guys have a lot in common .....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i am very happy with stage 2 tune no need to down shift to pass also so far have reach 120 mph and felt there was more to go

Spyder Garage

Iv'e been testing ECU reflashes for the 1330 motor and the finale product is complete. But I can't up load the video as it's not a compatible?

Here is where the finale product is at for performance.
    1. Stock 1st gear 0 to 50 mph @ 6 seconds, Flash 0 to 63 mph @ 6 seconds
    2. Stock 2nd gear roll on at 35 mph @ 6 seconds = 63 mph. flash 35 mph to 83 mph 6 seconds
    3. Stock 3rd gear roll on at 45 mph @ 6 seconds = 73 mph. flash 45 mph to 96 mph 6 seconds

I'm probably going to take some flack, but here it is. Monster Fuel injection out of Canada specializes in ALL THINGS BRP for flashing.
    https://monsterfuelinjection.com/
    I'm testing the finale flash and trying to get 500 miles on it. All that's left is to finalize the rev limit. My test ECU is at 9,200 rpm and my RT gets there really quickly, " about 10 seconds" in the first two gears. The Monster Fuel team is considering 8,800 rpm for the rev limit as that is slightly past peak power. There is a flash form on the web page.
    Here is what you need to know, premium gas only, works well with stock exhaust, no straight open exhaust, " you have to add a Big City Thunder sound insert or Lamont's cat delete with insert, Akrapovic or Two Brother exhaust with the P1 performance tip.
    Here is what you'll get. first the video looks and sounds like a NASCAR shot of the dash. The tack needle and digital speedo are just a blurr and the sound of shifting @ 9,200 is utterly amazing. We set the stock mapping to work below 60% throttle pull and the attack mapping above. For the RT owner you can choose to stay in the stock map all day, but, get to 5,000 rpm in any gear and you'll have fantastic two up power for passing. Dump your passenger and run with the big dogs. But the best is for the F3 owner. Open the throttle anytime past 60% and you'll first notice an uptick @ 4,000 rpm. At 5,400 rpm you'll have matched your stock peak performance. At 6,200 through 9,200 You'll be the Leader of the Pack.
    Are you testing the Stage 2 or something more advanced??

Spyder Garage

Dennis' post at #119 is from a couple of years back, so it's probably testing from before anyone thought of 'Stages'. Firefly's too!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-26-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!