Thread: New trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default New trailer

Just ordered a new trailer for my Spyder. I ordered the Voyager (on left) with the black-out option as shown on the Nomad (on right). I did go cheap, and only ordered the basic spare tire option.

Bought it from Mini Trailer USA (a supporting vendor), and have to give them a . I was looking at the Voyager , but went with the Prowler model since I figured for an extra $100.00 it has the most storage area. The person I talked to (I forget names to often) suggested the Voyager (not knowing I originally was looking towards it) over the Prowler since it uses their 12 inch tires, so it rides level with the Spyder. Saying the Prowler uses 13 inch tires, and is better for cars/pickups. He saved me $100.00, and directed me towards a trailer that I will be happier with.

Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Default Very nice...

Good choice. Nice looking trailer even all blacked out.. should fit your traveling needs nicely...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I have the Nomand it is a great trailer. Taken it on a couple long trips. The people at Mini trailer are the best; just give them a call and they will answer your questions. If something goes wrong they will make it right.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Good choice. Nice looking trailer even all blacked out.. should fit your traveling needs nicely...
    I went with the blacked out option because first I was afraid the reflection from the chrome might blind someone behind me, and second I plan to add red accents to the trailer. This way it will match the red and black of my F3T.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Spyder Garage

Default Let us know how you like the wiring for the lights

Let us know how the trailer wiring hooks up to the BRP Hitch lighting? What did you have to do to it to make it work? All the little in's and out's. My wife and I are looking to add a trailer to our 2015 RT some day and travel for retirement.

Thanks!
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    Let us know how the trailer wiring hooks up to the BRP Hitch lighting? What did you have to do to it to make it work? All the little in's and out's. My wife and I are looking to add a trailer to our 2015 RT some day and travel for retirement.

Thanks!
    According to the salesman the trailer will have the flat four automotive connector. The trailer will not be finished being built and ready for three weeks. My mechanic said he wants to use the BRP harness, and build an adapter for it. I will give an update along with pics when I get it home.

You and your wife have the same plans as us. I retired on July 1st.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Spyder Garage

I've had this Trailer for 2 years. The harness from BRP should be a four square. Go on Amazon and get a four square adapter easy to go. I love my little trailer like it's not even there. I put LEDs inside you can't see in the trailer in the dark.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    I've had this Trailer for 2 years. The harness from BRP should be a four square. Go on Amazon and get a four square adapter easy to go. I love my little trailer like it's not even there. I put LEDs inside you can't see in the trailer in the dark.
    Once I get the harness installed I'll have to look into Amazon.

One of the options shown, but no longer available was a LED light setup that was battery operated. It would turn on when the lid was opened, and off when closed. I figure I'll just attach a flashlight to the inside if needed, but then again I might just look into LED set for the inside.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    One of the options shown, but no longer available was a LED light setup that was battery operated.
    On Mini Trailer USA's website they have an LED light kit for sale. It appears to still be available. I have that same set-up (with four strips) in my 622 trailer and it works great. Plenty of light and well worth the money. I've had the lights for almost three years and other than the initial charge, I've only recharged the battery one time. Not because it needed it, but because I figured it's been a while, might as well recharge it. ***** When charging, you have to have the battery's on/off switch in the "on" position to allow the juice to get into the battery.*****

On a side note, I also had a Mini Trailer (Nomad) before I bought my 622. I had a jumper made ($10.00) that went from the square four pin to the flat four pin. I didn't want to change the end on either the hitch or the trailer.

When I sold my Nomad, I threw the jumper in my toolbox. A couple of weeks ago my wife bought a 2010 622 for herself and it has a flat four pin on it. I pulled out the jumper and she's in business.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Did the light's myself. Way to much money for a string of LEDs.
    Spent about $35.00. you really need light up in the front it's a black hole up there.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    On Mini Trailer USA's website they have an LED light kit for sale. It appears to still be available.
    Yes, the LED light fixture is still on the website. I was told that they lost their supplier, so while looking for another it has not been removed from the website. Their plan is to have another soon.

Did the light's myself. Way to much money for a string of LEDs.
    Spent about $35.00. you really need light up in the front it's a black hole up there.
    I agree with you. There are some things I will pay for (even if I feel it is too much), and there are some that I won't. I don't think I need to pay so much for a fixture that turns on automatically when I can save some money by hitting a switch myself.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Wiring harness for trailer

I too recently got a trailer for my RT and I got my hitch and harness from Pierre at http://www.canamspyderaccessories.com/

i ordered them when he had the anniversary sale.

The hitch could NOT be any easier to install and I would say the same for the plug and play harness except for the removal of Tupperware that was not his issue. His video made it sooooo very much better to do.

This harness is awesome, just plug and go. Really!

Joe
    Last edited by Buckeye Bleau; 07-09-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

I also just purchased a Nomad from Mini Trailer USA. Received the trailer in a week and it took about an hour to put together I would give Ricky and his team at Mini Trailer USA a A+. Packaging and directions were excellent. The truck driver delivered it to my garage and even helped me take it off the pallet and took the pallet back with him.. I will write a full review when i get a chance. I bought a BPR hitch and harness on eBay and it was one on the easiest installs that i have done, the only tricky part was running the harness out of the bottom.

I also put LED lights on the inside that i purchased on Amazon, the lights are powered by a battery pack that has a integrated USB charger, the lights were also easy to install.

Battery pack. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LED’s https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LED Strip Connectors. (Probably would not use again, I would run the whole strip without splicing) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Parts to make pigtail and install on hitch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BE60ZU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EP0H7Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AXU02/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004R30IN0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Split-Tubing-...+cable+conduit

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg
    Last edited by 1051; 07-09-2017 at 12:01 PM.
    2015 RT LTD-Black: Belt Guard, SS Radiator Mesh & knott Grilles, Doc's Vib Damper, BS Mirrors, TricLED H-Lights, Brake & Mirror Turn Signals, FOBO, SpyderPops Bumpskid & LEDs, BajaRon Sway Bar & Billet Links, Lidlox, ISCI Hand Brake, Dual USB outlets, RamMounts, X Grip, Fuzeblock, Shortie Antenna, Alarm, Merlot's Mirror Magnets, Radar/Laser Detection, NBV Gripper Pegs, Shorty Windshield, Nautilus Horn, Gremlin Bell, Dig Clock & Voltmeter, GoPro, Nomad trailer & BRP Hitch, KradelLock, AirHawk R.

Spyder Garage

My RTL has a four pin square and the trailer has a four pin flat. Just went to a automotive store and bought the material and made a conversation plug myself. It has worked for years and on two spyders. Thanks for the info on the inside lights due to I have not installed any and was thinking of doing so. Just never needed the light before.

Spyder Garage

Do you have specific information regarding the four square adapter? Manufacturer or part number for example? Maybe I'm just slow or easily overwhelmed, but I looked on Amazon and tried several different searches, but couldn't locate what you spoke of.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Do you have specific information regarding the four square adapter? Manufacturer or part number for example? Maybe I'm just slow or easily overwhelmed, but I looked on Amazon and tried several different searches, but couldn't locate what you spoke of.
    I'll make it easy. https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-11147.../dp/B004BE60ZU
    Walmart might carry it also.

Spyder Garage

I'll make it easy. https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-11147.../dp/B004BE60ZU
    Walmart might carry it also.
    Thank you! I appreciate it.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Default 622 harness

i read some posts on line saying wiring was important on can-ams so i bought the front section of the harness from a 622 from brp i then used it with a flat plug and a light tester got everything wired up on my mini mate camper works great no problems my biggest problem when i started was the plug on my bike was so far back that no trailer harness would reach not even brps own trailers i tryed. and brp does not sell an adapter cable anyway got it solved camper pulls great and no electrical iproblems