Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Parking brake light comes on - brakes lock up --- UPDATE

---- anyone have this happen without depressing the park switch ??

We did recently in Idaho while on the road. !!

Pulled up to gas pump and stopped normally with foot brake, went to apply parking brake but didn't need to -- it applied itself and "park light" was on !! Hmmmmm

Gassed up anyway and pressed parking switch to release brake --- NOPE -- light and brakes stay ON !!
    Frantically pressed brake switch numerous times to no avail.

Soooo --- stuck at gas pump so turned off ignition -- now what ?
    In the time it took me to realize I had no clue what to do (maybe 15 minutes), the brakes released but the red blinking light stayed on ?

Rode away OK but with brake light still on, stopping every couple of miles to see if i was burning up brake pads

But one cannot ride all day like that huh ?
    SPYDERCODES to the rescue -- Rexburg Powersports in ID only 2 miles away -- yay !!

Made a phone call and was told to "ride on over and we'll check the bike out" -- cool

Young Tech, Austin, plugged in the laptop and saw (to the best of my memory) two events stored as faults --

1) Brake activation
    2) Brake release
    He had no explanation as to why but he cleared the codes. NO CHARGE - big props to Austin and Rexburg Powersports in Idaho

Took me the rest of the day to accept that the brakes were now good . We were into our 3rd week on the road and didn't need that hanging over our heads !!

Any thoughts guys ?
    Last edited by HayRog; 10-18-2017 at 06:00 PM.