Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newby

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Newby

Hi all,
    I'm a new spyder owner as grew up on 2 wheel motorcycles. Traded in my Kawasaki Vulcan 900 for a RT. This is a new chapter in my life. Looking for pointers and spyder friends. I'm in NW Iowa by Sioux City. But also spend time at Okoboji. Thx

Spyder Garage

Cool

Welcome to Spyderlovers, Cissylee! You are in the right place to learn everything about spyders. There are some wonderful people on here who will answer almost any question you have about your spyder. It will definitely be a learning curve for you because you're coming from a 2 wheel world, but be patient, relax, & enjoy the ride. Happy Trails!
    2015 RTS Spyder, Intense Red Pearl, Baja-ron swaybar & links, Custom Dynamics trunk brake light, third & fourth brake lights from TricLED, Spyderpops bump skid, led lights on turn signals, Rear Elka shock, sheepskin seat cover & a new Black Freedom Trailer. We love our Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Cissylee, welcome to Spyder world and enjoy your new bike. Lot's fun of fun ahead of you along with the support of this great forum.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb I too am a newby and have a question or two

First question is in reference to the sensitive steering. I came from a 40 year stint of two wheels and there is a definite learning curve with these 3 wheel Spyder. I have found that slowing up a bit before a curve then powering "slightly" thru a curve allows you to feel a bit more "confident" initiating the curve more confidently. Any more tips for us new us..?
    Any information/tips are appreciated !

Spyder Garage

Default Newby

Both might search for the do's and don'ts here on the forum, lots of good information. Oh and by the way many miles of smiles sent both your way
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Cissylee View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm a new spyder owner as grew up on 2 wheel motorcycles. Traded in my Kawasaki Vulcan 900 for a RT. This is a new chapter in my life. Looking for pointers and spyder friends. I'm in NW Iowa by Sioux City. But also spend time at Okoboji. Thx
    Hey Cissylee,

Welcome to SpyderLovers and to 3 wheeling. I also came from 2 wheelers and so far I have no regrets. I bought my Spyder in March and each time I ride I am liking it better. The ride is so relaxed and comfortable. I am still adjusting, but with an ever growing smile...the more I ride, the more I like!!

There is a great group of riders on this forum. I have found it to be both a friendly and informative forum. I read more than I post and have spent hours just enjoying getting to know my Spyder better through the vast amounts of information available.

Welcome again and enjoy your Spyder and the new friends you will meet here!
    2020 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Hope you get Miles of Smiles on your new ride !
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default if you can ...

Hi all,
    hello too Iowa , and too cissy lee ! when you get more relaxed in the r-t .. please let us know what year , and if possible add a few pictures ... always fun too see who is where and what they are riding ! and now that you have a cycle , your vision will be more focused , you will see them all over the place , there is a thread here on spyders lovers for spyder sighting ... pretty much a lot of things too find, and read, here on the pages of spyder lovers ... glad too have ya as a friend and rider

Spyder Garage

Default Iowa Spyders

Cissylee, There are many Spyders in your area.

Please access the "FORUM" tab, scroll to the bottom of the page, and select IOWA.

I just did and even saw listings in Souix City.

John

P. S. Go Hawks!!

Test message.

2016 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Hi all,
    Welcome!

I agree that the 'Dos and Dont's' Thread is an excellent resource for new riders. I also recommmed that you thoroughly read (and re-read) the owners manual and carefully watch the safety DVD that should have came with the manual. As far as meeting other riders, you will have a great chance to do that at an upcoming Spyder rally called Spyder Fever in Council Bluffs. It happens in late August and will have a lot riders from Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and beyond.

Spyder Garage

I also have no regrets, I should have switched over sooner. I don't think I will ever go back to a 2 wheeler LOL. I to at first thought the steering was sensitive but after about 1 hour it was good. I just have to find the right size windshield. I have the route 129 but I think I will add the Gustafson 17 inch, I need to do a little more research.
    I like my F3S a whole bunch and so far enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by Fossil Rider; 09-06-2017 at 08:55 AM.
    Life is hard, and it's harder if you're stupid!

Spyder Garage

Hi all,
    Welcome from another rather new member of the forum. Okoboji? Isn't that the third moon of the Klingon home world?
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Default Newby

Fossil Rider. I love your avitar
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default welcome

Welcome from eastern Iowa. Owning a Spyder is a blast, make sure you check out Spyder Rally's, it amazes me how friendly these groups are. There is one coming up in your neck of the woods. Spyder Fever is August 18-20 in Council Bluffs. Hope to see you there and check Spyderlovers on regular basis, you can learn a lot.........Congrats

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Default A new Chapter in your journey....sweeeeeet

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome....you are at the right place for all things Spyder.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dmetcalf View Post
    First question is in reference to the sensitive steering. I came from a 40 year stint of two wheels and there is a definite learning curve with these 3 wheel Spyder. I have found that slowing up a bit before a curve then powering "slightly" thru a curve allows you to feel a bit more "confident" initiating the curve more confidently. Any more tips for us new us..?
    My dealer gave me a steering tip - going into a curve, push with the outside hand rather than pull with the inside hand. If the curve is turning left, I push a little more with my right hand rather than pulling hard with my left... seems to give me more control through the turn. It IS different than the VTX 1800 we used to ride... enjoy the ryde!!
    Jim

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

Hi all,
    Welcome from Washington State. You will love the Spyder and the good people on this forum. Ride safe.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome welcome....

to both the spyder world and this awesome site. Congrats on the new ryde.. and you did come to the right place for all things spyder....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Greetings from TricLED - Ohio

Congrats and welcome to Spyder family
    show us some pic of your new ride! enjoy your 4th July weekend

- Cindy / TricLED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    Both might search for the do's and don'ts here on the forum, lots of good information. Oh and by the way many miles of smiles sent both your way
    and

Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and on your new Spyder!!!! Check out the event in August in Council Bluffs.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Hi all,

I have also just parked my 2008 Vulcan 900, but this RT looks nice but its a change, wow
    2012 , java

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dmetcalf View Post
    Any more tips for us new us..?
    MILES will help as much as anything.
    The different steering is part of it but the different FEEL is just as big a factor.
    Your unconscious brain wants to react to the 3-wheeled geometry like it has learned to do automatically on 2 wheels........and that just doesn't work anymore.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerrydonna View Post
    I have also just parked my 2008 Vulcan 900, but this RT looks nice but its a change, wow
    Hey......maybe we need a support group for EX Vulcan 900 riders.

I absolutely HATE to let mine go. Best bike I've ever owned. Well......if you leave out the one that would do 140 !!!

Mine won't be up for sale until this fall 'cause I've got several things to do with the RT before I will really consider it road worthy.
    That includes changing out the 6 year old tires.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your spyder andto the spyder web. Dale