Spyder Garage

Default F3T New Givi Bag Install Today

Take a look. I think I'm going to like this a lot. I never travel lite, so this will help.

IMG_1911.jpg

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I like the looks of that. What all did you order, and about how much is the cost?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nealperkins View Post
    Take a look. I think I'm going to like this a lot. I never travel lite, so this will help.

IMG_1911.jpg
    That looks sharp. Goes good with the bike. Looks like this one https://www.giviusa.com/givi-product...ch-case-detail
    David
    Last edited by Warlock; 06-30-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

IMG_1911.jpg
    I ordered the E-47 Givi Bag at $292.50 and the E251 bag mount at $66.60 plus the MBL Innovations rack at $279 for a total of about $637. I'm talking with Tricled about lights so whatever that will add.
    Let me add that someone else makes a rack and I'd advise to check that out (I forget who at the moment and I can see their picture in mind's eye.) The MBL Product seems unnecessarily heavy and you pay for the plasma-cut Spyder artwork that gets covered up by the bag. They also sent me a rack without the necessary mounting holes and drilling them w/o a machine shop was impossible for me, so I messed mine up. They then proposed an additional $100 cost plus significant trans to fix my problem. So, I recommend the other rack and the E251 mount for ease of use and less weight.

Spyder Garage

IMG_1911.jpg
    That looks great on the F3 T, I have one like that mounted on my '08 GS.IMG_0572.jpg

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default LEDs for Givi

I ordered the E-47 Givi Bag at $292.50 and the E251 bag mount at $66.60 plus the MBL Innovations rack at $279 for a total of about $637. I'm talking with Tricled about lights so whatever that will add.
    Let me add that someone else makes a rack and I'd advise to check that out (I forget who at the moment and I can see their picture in mind's eye.) The MBL Product seems unnecessarily heavy and you pay for the plasma-cut Spyder artwork that gets covered up by the bag. They also sent me a rack without the necessary mounting holes and drilling them w/o a machine shop was impossible for me, so I messed mine up. They then proposed an additional $100 cost plus significant trans to fix my problem. So, I recommend the other rack and the E251 mount for ease of use and less weight.

Hi Neal, nice bags! we got your email, and I'll let Reggy reply that to you but we currently not at work this weekend, in case there's a little delay. Reggy would know more info then me on this
    He probably might ask for measurement, length etc to make sure we have the correct LED length as currently the one e have is made for Can Am OEM.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Baker Air Wings makes a luggage rack as well.http://www.bakerbuiltairwings.com/pr...?prod=SPYF3TLR
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Baker Air Wings makes a luggage rack as well.http://www.bakerbuiltairwings.com/pr...?prod=SPYF3TLR
    Thanks, I was racking my brain. I'll bet that's the one you have?

Spyder Garage

Default Givi on an F#

Thanks, I was racking my brain. I'll bet that's the one you have?
    I also used the MLB rack. At the time it was the only aftermarket rack for an F3.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 F3-S
    2015 F3S , Black/Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default V56CF

I have the same Givi but the 56 liter version with carbon fiber on top. Looks and functions great.

Spyder Garage

Are you saying that because you screw up drilling the holes that MBL should provide you with a replacement rack? As far as I know the MBL rack never had pre drilled holes and the cut out is a way to reduce weight it could be any design they just opted for a Spyder.
    SpYderman

Spyder Garage

Just for the record the laser cut Spyder in the MBL Rack was designed to lighten the weight while trying to build a sturdy product to accommodate everyone's luggage choices. You can always find a cheaper version and many times you get just that. Customer Service and quality are top priorities with MBL and the offer of another new rack for only $100 was to help you out but you opted to purchase a plate instead. Sorry that you had a problem we value each and every customer.
    Never accept "no" from someone who does not have the authority to say "yes".

Spyder Garage

Fencepost, does my post say that? It does not. You said that. What I'm saying is what I said.

FYI, MBL now sells the racks with pre-drilled holes. I did not receive that product and I'm not sure why except there was some remark that the undrilled model was available for immediate shipping and the others were at the powder coater for a few more days. Stupid me did not know what holes were for but Maurice and I did discuss the model E-47 that he also sells at a higher cost.

Drilling those holes, very, very accurately, is difficult with a hand drill. If you doubt that, go ahead and try it. Those drill bits move around a little and that's all it takes for the bag not to fit. Apparently, there was/is some sort of issue as MBL now sells the product with holes for the same price. I decided on the Givi rack as the least cost, guaranteed solution given my situation. I'm happy with it.

I may, or may not buy the MBL product again, but for CERTAIN, if it arrived w/o those holes, I would just order the Givi rack and avoid all the drama.
    I'll also note that it is very possible to over-design or over-spec a product under the name of 'quality' that detracts from the overall functionality. My opinion is that this product has too much 'quality' because it weighs too much...it is over spec'd. If my Spyder gets run over with a 16-wheeler, this rack will survive. That's my opinion as an owner, YMMV. Caveat emptor!
    2016 F3T Limited
    F4 Windshield, LaMonster backrest, headlights, foglights with rings, Long Horn mirror lights, saddle bag and fender lights, swaybar, cat bypass, Centrtonics balancers, Fobo, Baker hand and lower wings, laser alignment, Dual power plate,Givi E47 center bag, Sensa 20s, Pitbull highway riding pegs, Tricled highway lights, empty bank account

Spyder Garage

OK, so Maurice called and we discussed the situation and I appreciate that. As I said before, I am pleased with the final outcome but less with the process to get there. I feel that there is some 'blame' on both sides. But, here's the bottom line, the mount works great (very substantial), looks great, and if you buy one of these items, insist that MBL drill the mounting holes for you and send the mounting hardware with the product. I think you'll be a happy camper.
    I'm through with this topic.
    2016 F3T Limited
    F4 Windshield, LaMonster backrest, headlights, foglights with rings, Long Horn mirror lights, saddle bag and fender lights, swaybar, cat bypass, Centrtonics balancers, Fobo, Baker hand and lower wings, laser alignment, Dual power plate,Givi E47 center bag, Sensa 20s, Pitbull highway riding pegs, Tricled highway lights, empty bank account

Spyder Garage

IMG_1911.jpg
    Very nice looking set up.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red