Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default F3: Moving a Footpeg

I want to try moving the left footpeg on my F3-T SE6 one position forward (because of my aching left hip), but I don't want to make an 80 mile round trip to the dealer to have it done.

Can anyone provide a link for a video on how this would be done?

And is anyone else riding their Spyder with the right and left foot pegs in "unequal" positions?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Very simple with the right size Allen Key.

Completely remove the 2 Allen bolts on the foot peg below the bar the pegs slide on.
    After the bolts are removed you can pry the two halves apart from the bottom.
    This will separate the halves apart enough you can now slide the peg to the next desired hole.

Left side very quick to do. I'm sure you know you have to purchase a new brake rod if you move right peg.

I just moved my left peg last week forward from hole 3 to 4. Makes a big difference in comfort. Still have the right peg in 3 waiting for a new brake rod.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder99 View Post
    Very simple with the right size Allen Key.

Completely remove the 2 Allen bolts on the foot peg below the bar the pegs slide on.
    After the bolts are removed you can pry the two halves apart from the bottom.
    This will separate the halves apart enough you can now slide the peg to the next desired hole.

Left side very quick to do. I'm sure you know you have to purchase a new brake rod if you move right peg.

I just moved my left peg last week forward from hole 3 to 4. Makes a big difference in comfort. Still have the right peg in 3 waiting for a new brake rod.
    Thanks for the reply, Spyder99! Any idea what the right size is for the Allen Key? I'm aware of the brake rod situation for the right peg - I'm only looking to do the left peg (at least for now....)

Thanks again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Spyder99! Any idea what the right size is for the Allen Key? I'm aware of the brake rod situation for the right peg - I'm only looking to do the left peg (at least for now....)

Thanks again.
    don't you have a SET ? if not then you need one.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post

Thanks again.
    The correct size Allen key is in your tool kit, under the passenger seat and inside the tool bag.
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HIspyder View Post
    The correct size Allen key is in your tool kit, under the passenger seat and inside the tool bag.
    DOH! Thanks!

Spyder Garage

thanks for the concise answer to my dilemma...new Spyder F3 owner here...on the learning curve

Spyder Garage

newbert,
    You might want to heat up the 2 bolts as Can-am uses some very heavy duty loctite making it really hard to loosen them. Use a heat gun or hair dryer the job will go much easier.

Spyder Garage

a 5mm Allen head socket and a breaker bar will help. When I moved mine the socket wrench skipped on me do to the loctite.

Spyder Garage

Heat the allen head bolts with a propane torch. Get them good and hot or the Locktite will stop them from coming out. Once you get them out, throw the button head screws away and put some socket head cap screws the same size back in there. The OEM screws have very shallow allen holes and are easy to strip out. Socket head cap screws will have allen holes twice as deep. Any hardware store has them.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver