Thread: Ipod

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ipod

Morning

I may have missed this and it may have already been discussed.

I have a 2014 RT Limited. I just recently received a iPod to use on it on long trips. During the trip it changes from iPod to Auxiliary. What can I do about this. Is anyone else having this problem

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Make sure that all of the plugs are fully seated.
    If it's recognizing it as an I-Pod: that's a good start...
    The question becomes: what is changing?
    Other than a bad wire in the harness , a loose plug is about the only other reasonable choice!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

You wrote "I just recently received a iPod"
    So, I presume that this is with a lightning connector, while the Can-Am cable is terminated with a 30 pins, therefore you should have a converter from 30 pins to lightning. This should also be secured (easy to get disconnected is there is stress on the cable with vibration while running).
    Also, make sure it is a genuine apple converter as the others are known to be not working or unstable.

Good luck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good catch!
    If you are using an adapter to go from the newer lightning connection, into BRP's 30 pin hookup, and it's not an Apple adapter: that could be the problem.
    Only use the Apple adapters, and a whole lot of problems are prevented.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am connecting with the cord that came with the spyder and it Picks up as iPod sometimes and sometimes not. the plugs is still in it just switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Make sure that all of the plugs are fully seated.
    If it's recognizing it as an I-Pod: that's a good start...
    The question becomes: what is changing?
    Other than a bad wire in the harness , a loose plug is about the only other reasonable choice!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am connecting with the cable that came with the Spyder it switches automatically .

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Good catch!
    If you are using an adapter to go from the newer lightning connection, into BRP's 30 pin hookup, and it's not an Apple adapter: that could be the problem.
    Only use the Apple adapters, and a whole lot of problems are prevented.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am connecting with the cord that came with the spyder and it Picks up as iPod sometimes and sometimes not. the plugs is still in it just switches.

Quote Originally Posted by BernardD View Post
    So, I presume that this is with a lightning connector, while the Can-Am cable is terminated with a 30 pins, therefore you should have a converter from 30 pins to lightning. This should also be secured (easy to get disconnected is there is stress on the cable with vibration while running).
    Also, make sure it is a genuine apple converter as the others are known to be not working or unstable.

Good luck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Morning

I may have missed this and it may have already been discussed.

I have a 2014 RT Limited. I just recently received a iPod to use on it on long trips. During the trip it changes from iPod to Auxiliary. What can I do about this. Is anyone else having this problem
    Once in a while my 2012 will do this.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am connecting with the cord that came with the spyder and it Picks up as iPod sometimes and sometimes not. the plugs is still in it just switches
    No.. I did not have a iPod at first so I just got one to connect with.

Quote Originally Posted by BernardD View Post

Good luck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The round part of the plug that hooks into the port in the top trunk: I used to have an awful time getting things to line up properly, and get it fully seated in place...

But on my 2010 RT: I DID have trouble with a bad wire in the harness back there.... I hope that's not what you have going on with yours!

Spyder Garage

I have had it happen. Usually its the main connector into the iPod. Make sure the iPod is mounted well and the connector is not jiggling at all. Just a little jiggle can cause a intermittent connection and when that happens it drops into AUX.
    If that is not it, there is a cable problem of some kind. Perhaps your trunk cable is bad or the cable from the trunk to the radio is lose pins somewhere.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

This is going to sound really crazy, but do you by chance have a cup holder that is held in place by 3 screws on the left cluster.
    If so this could be your problem. I had the same problem. I changed out the cup holder for a better one and the problem was cured.
    I brought this up with the service tecks at the 10 year anniversary and With Lamount when I ran into him up there, both agreed this could happen. If nothing else check and make sure the screws are tight in that cluster.
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Default iPod Touch 4th Generation

So after reading this thread I wanted to try to use an Apple device to play my music through the audio system of my 2010 RT. I first tried to use the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 6 using the converter and IPhone adapter. The iPhones were not recognized. I then found my iPhone Touch 4th Generation that I have not seen in five years. I updated the device to the latest iOS. I then used the iPod Converter that came with the Spyder. It works great!!!

Spyder Garage

Default IPOD

The only time mine has switched back and forth between IPOD and AUX is when my IPOD is near dead and has to get that initial charge. Only happens for about a quarter to half mile then is charged enough an stays on IPOD.