Spyder Garage

Default Insurance problems

Hello to everyone, I am a 52 year old rookie to Spyders. I have a tentative deal done on a 2015 can am spyder RT Limited from a dealer. I can not believe how much difficulty it is to get insurance. My insurance company tells me that I have to have the spyder course, then I have to weight until the 60 days are up to get my M2 before they will give me insurance on it. I have the course booked already in 2 weeks time. But but by then that machine will likely be gone, but even if it wasn't I still cant get any coverage. So then I had to call the dealership back to cancel the deal. They even could not believe that my company would not give me coverage right off the hop. I tried calling other companys around and they will give me coverage before the course, but they are all a $1000 more a year than my company. So my question is has anyone else have similar problems. Thanks.

P.S. My insurance company said I could bring it home on a trailer,but there wood be no coverage on it.

Spyder Garage

Why a second post on that subject? Desperate?

Spyder Garage

I share your pain, went through the same problem a month ago. Nobody wants to touch you until you have your M2 but if you push back a little they will eventually agree to insure you as soon as you complete the course (before the 60 days is up). State Farm did this, and so would Rider’s plus.

As for your other post, $2500 is around the same ballpark as what I’m paying, new rider in mid 40’s and clean driving record. It’s the 1330 engine that’s the killer, I think. Hoping for better rates next year. I quoted a 500cc bike at the same time and it was $600.

Isn’t it great to be 16 years old again?

Spyder Garage

Not sure if she can help you in Canada, but for the rest of you in the States, try this company. I live in Houston, Texas and she gives me a great rate. My 2016 F3T insurance runs me about $550.00 and change a year.
    Tammi Skiba

Ball Insurance

Office: 800.444.7014
    Office Fax: 877.806.2499
    Mailing Address: 785 Tucker Road G309 Tehachapi, CA 93561

Buckskin

Quote Originally Posted by Rookiespyder View Post
    Hello to everyone, I am a 52 year old rookie to Spyders. I have a tentative deal done on a 2015 can am spyder RT Limited from a dealer. I can not believe how much difficulty it is to get insurance. My insurance company tells me that I have to have the spyder course, then I have to weight until the 60 days are up to get my M2 before they will give me insurance on it. I have the course booked already in 2 weeks time. But but by then that machine will likely be gone, but even if it wasn't I still cant get any coverage. So then I had to call the dealership back to cancel the deal. They even could not believe that my company would not give me coverage right off the hop. I tried calling other companys around and they will give me coverage before the course, but they are all a $1000 more a year than my company. So my question is has anyone else have similar problems. Thanks.

P.S. My insurance company said I could bring it home on a trailer,but there wood be no coverage on it.
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BernardD View Post
    Why a second post on that subject? Desperate?
    Is it only the second thread on this?? I thought it was at least the third, two in this section & another in General Spyder discussion..... Maybe he just didn't like the other answers...

Spyder Garage

Default Have you tried Intact Insurance

I got my Spyder insured before I had the M2 . After I did the Motorcycle Safety Course I send the certificate to the Insurance Broker and got a refund from Intact Insurance. That was a year ago . Premium is now $ 1087.- CAD

Spyder Garage

Wow insurance rates are high out west I'm paying around 520$ a year full coverage on my 2016 F3 limited in New Brunswick....My insurance company gave me 3 rates... casual--- casual and going to work --- and Touring..

Spyder Garage

Default Geico

Quote Originally Posted by Rookiespyder View Post

I obtained auto insurance from USAA, but they don't cover motorcycles. A subsidiary company (Progressive) would insure a motorcycle in Oregon. But I found Geico to offer a lower premium. I believe I pay around $35 a month for "full" coverage with the exception of medical. Don't need it. I had the motorcycle endorsement prior to buying my 2012 Spyder RT-S, so obtaining an endorsement for the Spyder (or any other three wheeled vehicle) wasn't necessary. However, I would give Geico a call (if you have not). They also include towing, which means that you can request a flatbed truck should you need it. They'll tow up to 25-27 miles, but you can be towed a longer distance without additional charge, if you ask to talk to the call taker's supervisor. Just a thought.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schwob View Post
    I got my Spyder insured before I had the M2 . After I did the Motorcycle Safety Course I send the certificate to the Insurance Broker and got a refund from Intact Insurance. That was a year ago . Premium is now $ 1087.- CAD
    Intact quoted my upwards of 2500$ and that was M2 only. When you say you’re paying $1087, is this your year 2 premium? Can I ask what it was initially? I could only hope my premium would drop to the 1000 range by next year.