Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm not crazy about the idea of open carry, but since it's legal I'll not fight it. But I did see a guy this evening that makes me wonder what are some people thinking? I was in Baskin Robbins when a couple came in. The first thing I noticed was the pair of handcuffs hanging off his belt on his backside. Then I saw two magazines in their holsters, and finally saw the pistol in its holster. Now I can see why a pro open carry dude would carry a pistol, but why the handcuffs and two additional magazines? There was nothing I saw that made me think maybe he was an off duty police officer, and anyway his cuffs were not carried the same way I see police carry them. Having that much ammo and the cuffs made me trust his ability to think clearly in a desperate situation a whole lot less than if he had only a pistol.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I'm not crazy about the idea of open carry, but since it's legal I'll not fight it. But I did see a guy this evening that makes me wonder what are some people thinking? I was in Baskin Robbins when a couple came in. The first thing I noticed was the pair of handcuffs hanging off his belt on his backside. Then I saw two magazines in their holsters, and finally saw the pistol in its holster. Now I can see why a pro open carry dude would carry a pistol, but why the handcuffs and two additional magazines? There was nothing I saw that made me think maybe he was an off duty police officer, and anyway his cuffs were not carried the same way I see police carry them. Having that much ammo and the cuffs made me trust his ability to think clearly in a desperate situation a whole lot less than if he had only a pistol.

i would guess that he was some type of law enforcement??
    although a spare mag or 2 is not unusual?? i usually carry 1 spare just because i can

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kwalsh View Post
    i would guess that he was some type of law enforcement??
    although a spare mag or 2 is not unusual?? i usually carry 1 spare just because i can
    I also carry a spare mag.
    What about his cuffs made you think he wasn't law enforcement, the fur lining?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Oh, oh. You're getting kind of racy now. I'd post another pic regarding the fur lining, but after my last one was pulled, I'd probably get a time out this time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ron...
    I think that it would depend on the amount of fur that is showing...

Oh! On the cuffs; of course!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    what?! cops can't be into s & m?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    what?! cops can't be into s & m?
    Reminds me of a joke about the sadist and masochist who became a couple.

The masochist would say "Hit me, hit me."

The sadist's reply was "No!"
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Ron...
    I think that it would depend on the amount of fur that is showing...

Oh! On the cuffs; of course!

Picture deleted by poster

I just wanted to save Lamont some time.

Spyder Garage

so my wife said i need to get out and excercise more ....

off to the range to excercise my 2nd amendment rights i go !!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

:c lap:

Spyder Garage

Hey,

Finally a exercise routine I'll enjoy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You are laboring under a misconception that I'll be happy to dispel for you...
    This is not a democracy, and you have no First Amendment rights in here. This is Lamont's sandbox, and we're here only because we follow HIS rules.
    we enjoy good humor, technical information, bad humor, stories about rides and events, questionable humor, reviews of the latest farkles, tasteless humor (), some news, discussions about various ways to improve our bikes, and the occassional bit of mildly adult humor.
    We don't like arguments!
    Of course they happen: it's unfortunate, and we try to work things out amongst ourselves.
    But we NEVER try to start a thread for the sole purpose of starting a ruckus.
    Anyone who starts trying to "upset the applecart" in here, will have their threads and/or postings reported to the Moderator.
    (I'm sure that he keeps track of who is posting the most stuff that upsets the masses.)

So keep trying to get under our collective skins, and I'm sure that you'll find out what can happen.
    I've been thinking a lot about this Bob. I hate to admit it but you are right and I was wrong. Sorry.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Reminds me of a joke about the sadist and masochist who became a couple.

The masochist would say "Hit me, hit me."

The sadist's reply was "No!"
    That reminds me of Harry Mudd:

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

harry mudd reminds me of bill deblasio

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Why insult poor harry mudd

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think that he's going to mind: he died over 30 years ago.

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0138354/bio
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 06-29-2017 at 08:22 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This News just in:

California-Bans-Itself.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    This is a completely BS point.

No matter how many guns are present, the first one to shoot has a HUGE advantage.
    And the terrorist won't stand out if his gun is visible.
    And the general public is not known for good marksmanship......so the extra lead flying around might actually be MORE dangerous.
    The assassin expects to die in the process.

Listen, I don't like to "debate" stuff like this in a forum with an entirely different purpose but...............
    If you are going to debate and try to draw an intelligent conclusion, you need to consider ALL of the factors, not just the emotional ones.

The difference between a fine upstanding law abiding citizen with a gun and a criminal with a gun is: about 3 seconds.

The more handguns in circulation, the more gun deaths there will be; and most of them will NOT be actual criminals.
    Most will be friends, family members and children.

Calling it gun "control" is itself biased toward an emotional response. It should be referred to as "gun restrictions".

We require a drivers license for a car, whose purpose is not to kill things.
    Then there are guns, whose main purpose IS to kill things but no license required at all.

If you support removing all restrictions from owning guns, then you support a large increase in accidental gun deaths.
    That is a fact, whether you like it or not.

And finally.........where do you think that "criminals" GET the guns that they have ??
    The overwhelming answer is: From a person who initially bought it legally.
    I have quite a few guns--located in various rooms through the house--never needed to use them. I also carry a spare tire--no flats in last 3 decades. I have a CCW--rarely carry but on occasion I do. I do have the Judge in my center console load with double 00 buck shot. They give me a sense of security--don't know my reaction when needed. I do know Chicago has one of the strongest gun laws & it's not working. Currently there are approx 350 million firearms in the USA--that more firearms than people. Most bad guys steal their guns or buy on the black market I do know the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
    The ones that worry me most are the law abiding people that buy a firearm for protection & never fire it. That could have an ugly ending. I know one gal who's son bought her a 357 magnum very lightweight revolver. She's in for a big surprise the 1st time she fires it. she's had it for 3 yrs & never went to the shooting range. Using smartphones while driving kill more people than guns times x. It's the land of the free because of the brave. Now cars & trucks are being used for mass assaults. I sincerely believe that those will firearm skills are a benefit to society--it doesn't eliminate the treat but it does increase the odds of a better outcome. E-5 Feit US Army
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

about 147%
    Firearms ownership is a right.................

........ That carries with it: a tremendous responsibility!

The gunowners of America owe EVERY other citizen a promise of perception, discretion, caution, compassion, and proficiency!
    Or they shouldn't own them...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post

I carry a G26 Gen 4 Glock with a 12 rnd and a 17 rnd mag in my pocket at all times and a couple more G17 mags in my go bag. I'd rather have it and never use it than not have it and need it.

I put about 500 rnds for practice every year minimum. This doesn't count my AR15'S, they are just plain fun
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

You are laboring under a misconception that I'll be happy to dispel for you...

This is not a democracy, and you have no First Amendment rights in here. This is Lamont's sandbox, and we're here only because we follow HIS rules.
    we enjoy good humor, technical information, bad humor, stories about rides and events, questionable humor, reviews of the latest farkles, tasteless humor (), some news, discussions about various ways to improve our bikes, and the occassional bit of mildly adult humor.
    We don't like arguments!
    Of course they happen: it's unfortunate, and we try to work things out amongst ourselves.
    But we NEVER try to start a thread for the sole purpose of starting a ruckus.
    Anyone who starts trying to "upset the applecart" in here, will have their threads and/or postings reported to the Moderator.
    (I'm sure that he keeps track of who is posting the most stuff that upsets the masses.)

So keep trying to get under our collective skins, and I'm sure that you'll find out what can happen.
    I knew I was in big trouble when you put that mask on--The Lone Stranger ???
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I knew I was in big trouble when you put that mask on--The Lone Stranger ???
    Just Stein: Frank N...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    sensible gun control might be selling guns to those with a license and harsh punishment for those who buy them illegally or don't have a license. no different then what having a car should be.
    Regardless of which state you are in there is already harsh punishment on the books for buying guns illegally. Federal law prohibits trying to buy a gun when you've been told you can't (following due process, of course). A lot of people are stopped from buying each year because they are on a no-buy list. The problem is the feds have decided not to prosecute.
    2017 RT Limited