Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Are the Heat Recall Air Scoops still available?

Looking into buying the Air Scoop kit for my 2014 RTL, I looked up the number here and the forums say BRP# 219800388 is what I need. Anyone know if these kits are still around and where I can order it from?

Thank You!!
    2018 White F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you do a Google search on the part number you will come up with several options. You could also contact your dealer but you may save buying online.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2198...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THOSE AIR SCOOPS

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    Looking into buying the Air Scoop kit for my 2014 RTL, I looked up the number here and the forums say BRP# 219800388 is what I need. Anyone know if these kits are still around and where I can order it from?

Thank You!!
    Just something to consider .... you have a 2014 with the 1330 engine and where you are going to put those " scoops " were designed for the engine HEAT to exhaust from ..... with the SCOOPS you are now forcing air IN ..... I went to a Parade with my 2014 RT in 98 degree heat ..... it took ONE hour at just above idle ( but mostly stopped ) to complete .... It didn't overheat ............. I have NO SCOOPS ..... the SCOOPS were designed as a fix for the 2013 RT which had the V-Twin ...... best of luck .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Just something to consider .... you have a 2014 with the 1330 engine and where you are going to put those " scoops " were designed for the engine HEAT to exhaust from ..... with the SCOOPS you are now forcing air IN ..... I went to a Parade with my 2014 RT in 98 degree heat ..... it took ONE hour at just above idle ( but mostly stopped ) to complete .... It didn't overheat ............. I have NO SCOOPS ..... the SCOOPS were designed as a fix for the 2013 RT which had the V-Twin ...... best of luck .... Mike
    You're right Mike. The BRP adjustable vents are a better option for the 14 as you can either direct air on you or away from you.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I have a set will paint to match. And use them just for cosmetics
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post

Thank You!!
    You can order the scoops from this link: http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/.../219800388_/1/ . PM me your E-mail address and I'll send you a copy of the procedure I wrote for installing the scoops.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default yes

i put these on my wifes 15 because she complained of heat in glove box i also got them from site above i think the look very good pss heat gone

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    i put these on my wifes 15 because she complained of heat in glove box i also got them from site above i think the look very good pss heat gone

The above is the same reason I put them on my 2014 RTS...VERY happy with cooler glove box and the looks...I also eliminated the acoustic panels under the painted panels...larryd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    The above is the same reason I put them on my 2014 RTS...VERY happy with cooler glove box and the looks...I also eliminated the acoustic panels under the painted panels...larryd

Do you have a pic showing what it looks like with panels removed?
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Rider View Post
    Sorry, I do not have pictures...These is nothing different looking at it from the outside...Maybe some else does??? larryd

Spyder Garage

I just installed mine today. See my post and pic's above this thread. They really do a good job of cooling glove box and drivers part of seat. You will get 2 support bars with kit to mount where acoustic panels were. You also get stick on insulation you put on inside of painted panel. I found the bike to be quieter. Always heard engine noise out of the top vents. Now that's covered and grill/vent is out front now.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Rider View Post
    Only have a picture of the left side but the right side is basically the same. Nice thing about the right side is if you change your own oil the oil filter cap is already exposed.

DSC01711.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default AIR SCOOPS

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    Only have a picture of the left side but the right side is basically the same. Nice thing about the right side is if you change your own oil the oil filter cap is already exposed.

DSC01711.jpg
    Whoa ...... this could be a game changer ..... are you saying you can remove the right side scoop ( easily ) and get to the Oil Filter ?????? ( on 14 and up RT's ) ............ Mike

Spyder Garage

Whoa ...... this could be a game changer ..... are you saying you can remove the right side scoop ( easily ) and get to the Oil Filter ?????? ( on 14 and up RT's ) ............ Mike

Yes. As part of the scoop install procedure the acoustic panels are removed and replaced by the metal bracket. All RT's from 2010 to present models can benefit from having the air scoops installed. But then again you slammed the Member that started this post that asked a simple question as to where he could get the scoop kit.

This is for you Mike. I know you don't believe in posting pictures.

DSC00056.jpg
    Last edited by Doc - Riverside; 06-25-2017 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Add picture

Spyder Garage

Default SLAMMING - OTHER MEMBERS - WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Yes. As part of the scoop install procedure the acoustic panels are removed and replaced by the metal bracket. All RT's from 2010 to present models can benefit from having the air scoops installed. But then again you slammed the Member that started this post that asked a simple question as to where he could get the scoop kit.

This is for you Mike. I know you don't believe in posting pictures.

DSC00056.jpg
    # 1. Thanks for the pic .... it shows that just removing the Vent / Scoop will absolutely NOT give you access to the OIL FILTER and # 2. If you think my Post # 3 slammed the OP ..... then you probably think " GOOD MORNING " is a derogatory term .. .........Mike

Spyder Garage

# 1. Thanks for the pic .... it shows that just removing the Vent / Scoop will absolutely NOT give you access to the OIL FILTER and # 2. If you think my Post # 3 slammed the OP ..... then you probably think " GOOD MORNING " is a derogatory term .. .........Mike
    The scoop is screwed to the upper panel per the instructions in the recall document. Do you need a copy of the recall document? Therefore as the picture shows the upper panel is removed thus exposing the 36 mm hex cap for the oil filter. Simple to get to, Remove the mirror and 5 screws and pop the panel off. How much easier do you want it? Read your post #3 again. You jumped all over the place stating the 14 and above RT's don't need the scoops. Live in the deep South or Gulf Coast where we get high temps and high humidity which translates into high heat index. I didn't do any shouting (capital letters) like you do to get a point across.

Last edited by Doc - Riverside; 06-26-2017 at 05:25 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I'd like to see your pics but don't understand what you mean...
    Here is a couple pic of scoops under the mirrors mounted to the upper side panels. They take the place of your plastic air deflectors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JP58; 06-25-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Default OH REALLY

The scoop is screwed to the upper panel per the instructions in the recall document. Do you need a copy of the recall document? Therefore as the picture shows the upper panel is removed thus exposing the 36 mm hex cap for the oil filter. Simple to get to, Remove the mirror and 5 screws and pop the panel off. How much easier do you want it? Read your post #3 again. You jumped all over the place stating the 14 and above RT's don't need the scoops. Live in the deep South or Golf Coast where we get high temps and high humidity which translates into high heat index. I didn't do any shouting (capital letters) like you do to get a point across.

So Doc is the Golf coast near the Tennis coast ......... ........ I see your liking the use of capitals also ........................ Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-26-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Spyder Garage

You can order the scoops from this link: http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/.../219800388_/1/ . PM me your E-mail address and I'll send you a copy of the procedure I wrote for installing the scoops.
    Received scoops yesterday, PM Sent!

Thank You!
    Last edited by TheCajun1957; 07-04-2017 at 07:42 AM.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default I like my scoops

Put the scoops on last year. Riding in the south was just to hot. They really helped cool down the seat, glove box and side panels making riding in the heat a lot more comfortable.

Spyder Garage

Default Air scoops

I have a 2014 RTS and have installed the scoops. Have found that the glove box is much cooler, repeat much cooler. The air that used to come up between the glove box and seat is gone. Also the Spyder seems to be much less noisy. The metal bar used to replace the large plastic piece also lessens the weight.
    2011 RT-S SE5 Viper Red
    2014 RT-S SE6 Cognac
    Bajaron sway bar w/ aluminum heims
    Custom Design HM Brake light
    Custom Design Red front fender lights with turn signals
    Lidlox
    Corbin arm rests
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

So Doc is the Golf coast near the Tennis coast ......... ........ I see your liking the use of capitals also ........................ Mike
    Ahhhh..... he used proper capitalization.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default Air Scoops

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    Hi Larry, I'm putting the air scoops on my 2014 RT finishing today. My question is sense you did remove the acoustic panels is there more engine noise now then before? Thanks, Neil

Spyder Garage

Default Air Scoops

I ordered my scoops and waiting to get them. Ill post a pic when I get them installed.

Spyder Garage

Default Pulled the trigger!

I bought the kit, didn't realize I had to drill holes . The glovebox was getting super heated, I had to let my sunglasses cool off before I could put them on, and the cellphone was really hot. I figured the included insulation would cool the side panels (my legs) a bit also.

UNBOX
    Wow what cheap plastic! black ABS for the main body, dark Lexan (?) for the front scoop. I saw in a years time a huge faded scoop, and super scratched up lexan nose piece. So, since it's already black, out came the PlastiDip! Put a lot of layers on, let dry overnite.

INSTALL
    Kit came with no instructions, so found the heat kit instructions here, they cover the scoop at the end. The instructions give you a template to cut the vent hole open more to match the scoop. I was scared to do so, but since the panels have holes in them now, I may go back and open them up if airflow isn't great. I think at 70mph there should be plenty of air being pushed across the engine and glovebox area.

The instructions say to use a spray paint can tube (like a WD40 tube) and some paint to mark the panel, once you have the scoop pressed against it tightly. I have a "dental tool" kit, I just located the best I could and put a poke in the paint. The fun part is after that, you have to go back and forth and guess where the actual drilled hole goes. I started with a 1/16" bit and guessed - all wrong. I used the dental tool to poke through the hole into the scoop to see how far off I was, then re-drilled. Once I got it, used the bigger drill bit. A couple times I had to file a smidge. I only installed 3 screws, one top, bottom and rear. I remembered after I was done (of course!) the trick of using lipstick on the holes, and pressing against the panels so I could actually see where the hole goes. Dunno if it would work, would have to be pro at pressing into place without smearing...

The kit comes with a shiny strong bar to replace the big plastic cover (the one you take off to get to the oil filter). That went on easy. I show a pic of the socket on the oil filter to show it's a snap to get at now.

FINI
    Since I plastidipped all the "dull aluminum" parts already, the scoops look great. Might be my imagination, but the dash seems to vibrate a bit less with the metal bars. This is NOT a project for the faint of heart!! You can't undo it unless you know a bodywork person to fill the holes and paint the panels.

Note: the pic of the scoop shows the reflective pinstriping I put on. Just followed the contours all over the bike, and the edge of the windshield. I also plastidipped the bottom of the windshield and the covers. Comes off easy if it gets torn to re-paint (haven't had to yet - it is holding up VERY well).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stevencovert; 07-17-2017 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Added pinstripe note