Thread: 2013 ST-S DOA

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 ST-S DOA

Been riding my ST a lot lately. Took it out Saturday morning for a nice long ride. Came home and then was going back out to run a couple of errands. Turned the key to power it up, waited for the screen to push the mode button before starting, got the main screen, hit the ignition button and it went black. No power at all. What the heck happened?
    In an orderly world, I'm addicted to chaos.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Check your battery connections
    I will check them again, but I believe they are tight. The bike was running fine when I parked it. The screen came on as usual but went black when I hit the ignition button. I tried starting it with the screen black, but nothing happened.

Spyder Garage

Default Strange...

As mentioned above, a faulty connection will give you that as well as a surface charge. Now having been ryding and not having any problems makes it strange. May be the connections, ground and or battery, loosened up or if you have any items on the spyder that have constant power ran the battery down. Quick check is a jump start , if a car with the engine off, to see if it is a dead battery. Then go from there....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    As mentioned above, a faulty connection will give you that as well as a surface charge. Now having been ryding and not having any problems makes it strange. May be the connections, ground and or battery, loosened up or if you have any items on the spyder that have constant power ran the battery down. Quick check is a jump start , if a car with the engine off, to see if it is a dead battery. Then go from there....
    I will check the connections again and put a charger on the battery when I get home from work today. Stay tuned.