Hybrid View

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Disadvantage

The big disadvantage is that you won't be ryding the Spyder!!!!!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

For a few hundred dollars more I'd buy a DropTail! IMHO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    For a few hundred dollars more I'd buy a DropTail! IMHO
    I do like the drop tail but it is about 800-1200 more depending on options. I also need to try and keep weight down as possible, because there was no plans to get a bigger vehicle to pull....Stinger was 495 lbs , drop tail was 644 pounds. Of course if money wasn't a factor, I would love the Ultimate trailer.
    Last edited by Kredab; 06-22-2017 at 11:03 AM. Reason: need to add

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Seems a little pricey to me for what it is. Also, I'd be concerned about how solid the hinging aspect of it is. If there's no torsion or spring suspension on it I'd be leery.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I've been considering a Stinger trailer ($2599 delivered) for some time now because if I do buy a trailer I pretty much have to have a folding trailer which will store upright. I live in a gated deed restricted community where no RV or trailer storage of any kind is permitted . . pretty much eliminates anything that won't fit in my garage (along with two cars and the Spyder). Previous posts are correct in that the Stinger does not have any suspension, just a rigid axle (see pic). That, coupled with the fact that it takes two grown men to unfold the trailer due to it's weight has been a deal breaker for me . . so far. On the positive side, they are now powder-coated.

As for the "no suspension", Stinger says "the pneumatic characteristics of the 13" radial tires and the suspension of the Spyder itself provide for a safe smooth ride". Yea right !

Surely there's someone on this forum whose owned one of these trailers. I'd like to know how they tow and whether the "no suspension" aspect is a hinderance or does it even matter. I know that Aluma used to make a folding trike-trailer but it's not available anymore and I can't find any other folding trailers suitable for a Spyder (if you know of any, let me know). I should add that Kendon also makes a folding upright trailer for the Spyder but at $4199 it's cost prohibitive. As always, any help/advice is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue