Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Bags and Saddles

I need to know how long and skill level does it take to install Corbin Saddles and Bags? My dealer wants between 700 and 800 bucks to do install. I feel that's a bit high and is thinking about doing it myself. Thanks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    I need to know how long and skill level does it take to install Corbin Saddles and Bags? My dealer wants between 700 and 800 bucks to do install. I feel that's a bit high and is thinking about doing it myself. Thanks
    ASKE LAMONSTER HE DID HIS OWN I THINK CALL OR TEX HIM FOR HE CAN SHOW YOU VIDO ON IT OR IF LIVE CLOSE TO HIM ASKE HIM FOR HELP

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are detailed instructions available from Corbin. I could also help you out over the phone (as can several other members here). It's involved, but not overly complicated. Do it yourself and save $$. No need to pay anyone to do it for you.

Corbin has a FREE DVD available that show you how to install them.
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

I would say 4 hours max. It's real easy if you can follow directions.

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have the Corbin seat system (front and rear) ... was easy to install even for this old man. Corbin has a free DVD that covers all Spyder things that they make and in the DVD is step-by-step directions plus directions that come with the product.

I don't have a clue about the bag system..

There are too many folks here that will help you.... go for it...

don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

I installed my Corbin heated seats with back rest in about 1 1/2 hours found the pictures in the instuctions that came with the seats not very clear { photo-copy of a photo-copy } So before you start print your own instructions from the Corbin site or watch along on your laptop.
    It took about 3 hours for the saddle bags and an extra set of hands to help at the end to hold the saddle bags while you start the nuts . Make sure you have LOCK-TITE before you start. For the price you pay you would think they would include it as the instructions call for it.
    If you have not ordered yet be prepaired to pay upfront and take between 4-10 weeks to get them. I was told 5 weeks, got my seat in 3 weeks and the saddle bags in10 weeks.
    I think Corbin makes a top notch product but i have found customer service SUCKS once they have your money!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for your replies

I must have ordered at the right time of the year, it only took around ten working days. I was shocked when my dealer called. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    I installed my Corbin heated seats with back rest in about 1 1/2 hours found the pictures in the instuctions that came with the seats not very clear { photo-copy of a photo-copy } So before you start print your own instructions from the Corbin site or watch along on your laptop.
    It took about 3 hours for the saddle bags and an extra set of hands to help at the end to hold the saddle bags while you start the nuts . Make sure you have LOCK-TITE before you start. For the price you pay you would think they would include it as the instructions call for it.
    If you have not ordered yet be prepaired to pay upfront and take between 4-10 weeks to get them. I was told 5 weeks, got my seat in 3 weeks and the saddle bags in10 weeks.
    I think Corbin makes a top notch product but i have found customer service SUCKS once they have your money!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I must have ordered at the right time of the year, it only took around ten working days. I was shocked when my dealer called. Thanks again
    did you receive the seats in 10 days or the bags?
    6 states down 42 states to go

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I agree, it took around 2-3 weeks to get my seats (easy to install) but
    9 weeks to get the bags. I was told that they don't make them until you order them. I love mine, see the recent thread "does my butt look fat".