Spyder Garage

Default Advice on Highway Pegs

Went to SpYderfest for first time. I spent a lot of time and money in Vendor Village. I need some highway pegs for my 2015 RTL but could not make up my mind on what to get. I am tall / 6'2" and need some that will let me stretch out. Would someone like to offer an opinion on what I should look at?
    Mike Campbell
    Amarillo, Texas

2015 RTL "intense red pearl"

Spyder Garage

Check out Lamonster garage store, he has two different types and they appear to be the best ones, one mounts to the floorboards and the other mounts to the frame, both are well made.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I can't speak to your body type or comfort level, but the Lamonster Garage highway pegs are the best IMO. I had a different brand on my old Spyder and have shopped and looked at other models, but his are the best constructed and engineered product available.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Similar build with floor board highway pegs

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel53 View Post
    Went to SpYderfest for first time. I spent a lot of time and money in Vendor Village. I need some highway pegs for my 2015 RTL but could not make up my mind on what to get. I am tall / 6'2" and need some that will let me stretch out. Would someone like to offer an opinion on what I should look at?
    Hi Mike, I'm 6'3" and have the lamonster floorboard mounted style pegs they are great quality and very simple install. My only issue is that in order to have both legs on pegs at the same time really stretches out your inner thighs. I typically throw one leg at a time out on the pegs and have enjoyed them on long trips to be able to stretch out.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I'm 6'4" and I have the same issue as brentc. I just don't like my legs spread out as far as they are with highway pegs and am more than comfortable on long rides just moving my feet as far forward as possible on the floorboards. For that reason I dont use them. YMMV
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like my Baker-Builts!

They offer lots of options. Finding the right combination should be easy!

Highway Pegs 03.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 05-05-2017 at 09:42 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

My bike came with Lamonster pegs. I found them to be uncomfortable as they made me do the splits with my legs too high and pressure on my worn out knees. I removed the arm from the mounting bracket and mounted the pegs directly to the bracket. (w.o. the arms) and it is PERFECT. I can rest my heals on the brackets while my feet are on the pegs. Or, I can place my feet over the pegs resting my legs straight out. Best highway peg configuration I have ever had.

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Check out Seal Floorboards, you get huge Floorboards and Hwy. pegs in one.

Spyder Garage

I am 5'10" and have the comfort seat. I installed Lamonster's NBV brackets with gripper pegs and like them a lot. I can stretch out with my feet totally on the pegs or I can put my heel on the floor boards with my toes on the peg. Sort of a cruiser riding position.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited