Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Gee whiz...

I have no dog in this hunt...I bought the cheapest model and do my own work...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I have no idea what the OPs point was, but what I spend money on is no ones business but mine.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
    I have no idea what the OPs point was, but what I spend money on is no ones business but mine.
    Yep, yep, yep, Phil. I think he is actually complaining about having to read threads that he doesn't like........to which there is an easy fix that is pretty bloody obvious

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
    And Likewise, whatever anybody spends on whatever they want to spend their money on, is none of my business. Who cares what "rich people" spend their money on. It's theirs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Well we do name our bikes. Cars also for that matter. Even have a name for the wife. Naming of the bikes and cars are a tradition in our family. But they reside in the garage or out in the trailer. No blankets needed. Tom
    I don't know, but it sounds like you might sneak a peek or two before hitting the sack. Is it tradition or anthropomorphizing?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am confused as I don't get this thread...

Spyder Garage

whats going on in here

Spyder Garage

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default How Much Money?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybarton View Post
    Either your a retired CEO or big bucks daddy with lots of spare time to ride across the country full time or your just doing a lot of BS. One thing is for sure I seldom hear anyone use the work "poor" or "cheap" or "in debt" but mostly "thousands" with complaints about BPR not satisfying your thirst for more quality.
    I have a family that requires most my time and most my money and my Spyder F3s has been acquired only because I choose to go into debt and have something my wife and I could share our old age on and still be able to be home for the family.
    Even if your a single guy or gal or grandparent of 20 It seems as though with all the miles you ride and all the money you spend on these toys and their upkeep and extras you could probably put a kid through college or donate to the orphaned children's homes and reap the benefits that far out weigh motorcycle trivia. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy my spyder quite a bit but it isn't my no 1 love or even no 10. Its just a pastime hobby or event.
    I do appreciate the how-tos and simple ways to save money on tires in stead of BPR's million dollar rubber with gold lettering or ways to avoid bike malfunctions that are common. This site is invaluable in many ways but to lissen to story after story and complaints and thousands of dollars spent on crap just to make you look important and better and smarter is a waste. Maybe we should start a Bull Sh__ category. Just speaking my mind...
    I traded off a 2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Class Peace Officer Edition, for a 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S. With not a single regret. The Harley was just becoming too cumbersome for two up riding through stop and go traffic, construction zones, parking lots, etc. And the Spyder is not. It's a welcome relief. But being retired military, living on a pension, VA disability, and SSDI, there is little discretionary income. So obtaining farkles has to be carefully considered and thought out. Some are for comfort, some are nice to have, and some for convenience. But needed maintenance takes priority every time, and whether it needs maintenance or repair, it goes to the dealer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a matter of personal choices and priorities: nobody should be able to tell you what to do!

burning_money1.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Who's on first?

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow, I can't believe this crazy thread is still alive. It's nobodies business what anyone else does with their money. That's why it is called THEIR MONEY!
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Either your a retired CEO or big bucks daddy with lots of spare time to ride across the country full time or your just doing a lot of BS. One thing is for sure I seldom hear anyone use the work "poor" or "cheap" or "in debt" but mostly "thousands" with complaints about BPR not satisfying your thirst for more quality.
    I have a family that requires most my time and most my money and my Spyder F3s has been acquired only because I choose to go into debt and have something my wife and I could share our old age on and still be able to be home for the family.
    Even if your a single guy or gal or grandparent of 20 It seems as though with all the miles you ride and all the money you spend on these toys and their upkeep and extras you could probably put a kid through college or donate to the orphaned children's homes and reap the benefits that far out weigh motorcycle trivia. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy my spyder quite a bit but it isn't my no 1 love or even no 10. Its just a pastime hobby or event.
    I do appreciate the how-tos and simple ways to save money on tires in stead of BPR's million dollar rubber with gold lettering or ways to avoid bike malfunctions that are common. This site is invaluable in many ways but to lissen to story after story and complaints and thousands of dollars spent on crap just to make you look important and better and smarter is a waste. Maybe we should start a Bull Sh__ category. Just speaking my mind...
    Wow! Ever heard of the phrase, "pick your battles"? Everybody's situation is different. Just enjoy the ride.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    Spyderpops LED Bumpskid
    LED headlights and fog lights

Spyder Garage

WRATGAS!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am retired, I took my first job at 14 and there were many since then. My final appointment was 20 years and I spent sometimes 200 nights per year on the road in NA and other parts of the world, was it a waste of time, in some people's minds, I don't care.

When I lived in a community within the borders of a MUNICIPAL golf course, I bought a new golf cart, was it a waste of money, maybe to many. When they decided they needed money for the course, they sold lifetime memberships, I gave them the equivalence to 7 years of annual membership fees, was it a waste maybe to many.

When my kids graduated from HS we gave them the Dave Ramsey book, Total Money Makeover, congratulated them and said now, you are an adult, all decisions have an up side and a down side. You need to decide if college is for you, then figure out how to pay for it. The oldest and youngest figured it out right away, the middle son, said why won't u pay for mine all my friends parents are. I said ok I will pay for it, he said great, and turned to walk away. I said wait, remember there is a down side to that, since we are paying for your studies, when we retire we will need to move in with you for our golden years, he said ok I will figure it out.

The oldest got a bunch of scholarships, and worked all four years, graduated with less than $20k in loans, then payed it off in 18 months, the middle son got ROTC scholarships and they paid almost all of it and he graduated with no loans. The youngest joined NG Army and graduated with no loans.

Wasrting money, we have our enjoyment, and spend wisely, but also tithe at church, serve others with the church, donate every month to St. Jude's Hospital and I do Meals on Wheels and Habitat for Humanity. Some friends think some of that is a waste of money also, I don't care, I get such peace from the Spyder, surely a waste of money but it is for us, so I don't care.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    I am confused as I don't get this thread...
    I think there is something else going on with the poster that you don't see, that may have happened recently.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ron,
    PM him...

Spyder Garage

Did I miss something here?

SilverFox
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

PM sent...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Who cares

I give all my money to my wife and she don't have to complain being my Lover, accountant, housewife, financier , buddy rider,. The way I see it if she get all the money meaning I don't have to do anything and this is the best retirement.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Our life, our hard work, our sacrifices and our toys - no one elses business. Don't care what you have, how you choose to spend your money, raise your kids, how much time you devote to your family, or what you had yesterday for supper. Whether you worked your a** off by owning your own business or working for your county government - again your choice. We might have more than you or less than you - again, don't care - but why do you? I'm sorry if life isn't what you wanted it to be, but your attempt to throw a guilt trip on others is beyond me. If you have a problem, there isn't one person on this site that won't offer to help you or provide information to help you solve it, however, I might suggest that you get your information regarding your Spyder off of Youtube and avoid the "Bull Sh__" that seems to irritate you about SpyderLovers. Live and let live, dude......
    Last edited by LateLifeCrisis; 06-20-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2012 Spyder RT Limited Lava Bronze (Psalm 27:1;Luke 12:4,5)

Spyder Garage

Monday morning stir the pot...?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I keep rereading the original posts, attempting to discover the issue.

Frankly it seems, with assumptions, that he is seeing what some do or don't do and he has frustrations with it. He mentions having kids at home and the Spyder is not even top 10 in his concerns, that is all well and good.

That made me me remember that when my kids were at home and or income was lower we put our money in the kids and their enrichment, I did not have a MC but wanted one, I barely played golf though I had my whole life. We all make different decisions in different stages of our lives, give the guy a little slack, I know where he is at.

Of course my assumptions could be all wrong.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I work extremely hard on shift work and I choose to spend my money how I choose. I have no family all are dead. I have no kids or wife but lots of friends to ride with and enjoy life with.
    This is the spyder life that i choose.