Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Reviving this old discussion because I wonder if my present issue is related to what others here have noted - here's a video I made in July 2018 for reference. My service technician found a slew of ball bearings a small metal ring (see attached photos) clinging to the magnetic oil plug while doing the 3K service. At the moment the dealer is waiting to hear back from BRP to determine what they are and what will be required to repair the engine/transmission. I began a new discussion thread to get some feedback from others if this warrants a rebuild or engine/transmission rebuild. I hope any of you can offer some input at the new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    A possible source of noise on the left-hand side of the ACE 1330 engines.....
    I'm new to Spyders, and ryding a 2017 F3 Ltd, which I'm now slowly breaking in (about 800 miles to date). I have been curious about a 'whirrrring' type noise from the left front side. Noticeably different and separate from exhaust or other engine sounds. Fairly soft (no wild screaming), but instinctively I sense a metallic sound. Just wondering whether that's what you are referring to? And, whether this is something I just need to become accustomed to. There has been no overheating, no low oil warnings or any alarms associated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-20-2021 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    “Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter and
    those who matter don't mind.”
    ... Dr. Suess

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

2018 F3 Limited - 10th Anniversary Ed , Trickle charger, Gerbing heated clothing Black/Gold