Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    More than 25 years ago I set out to do a little annual camping motorcycle trip. This became a ritual for me for many years. I packed a tent, sleeping bag, blow up mattress, etc. and set out for my solo 10 day journey. I toured the entire west coast and enjoyed it a lot. After doing this for 5 or 6 years, and NEVER pitching the tent or using the sleeping bag, I gave the tent away to a couple of little girls playing in the Motel parking lot at South Tahoe NV. I use to camp a lot when I was younger and liked it a lot. But, as I got older, I got over it. Motels are not that much more expensive and an individual hot shower and comfortable bed are worthwhile.....

BTW I still have the unused sleeping bag

R
    I went to the REI warehouse sale last year in Feb. and stole (got a great deal) on a tent, sleeping bag, air mattress etc. (2 man tent). I went to Americade last year and it rained for 2 days. Then there were the showers, that refused to accept my quarters...... get undressed get dressed, try another shower etc. etc. etc. finally the forth shower worked, cold water. I came home and put everything I bought on eBay and made money. Motels and hotels for me. I used to love camping........ Why is it always sunny in camping pictures?
    Last edited by Crisis; 06-15-2017 at 05:49 AM.