Spyder Garage

Default F3 Custom exhausts

Hello everyone. I have had my 2015 F3S for a year but I am new to this site. I want to improve the sound of the bike with a different exhaust but not the Akrapovic, dont like the sound and too expensive.Any opinions on the HMF or the Two Brothers? Personally think that two brothers is a bit louder to what I am looking for but any other suggestions? Pros and cons. Thanks much.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SASR View Post
    Hello everyone. I have had my 2015 F3S for a year but I am new to this site. I want to improve the sound of the bike with a different exhaust but not the Akrapovic, dont like the sound and too expensive.Any opinions on the HMF or the Two Brothers? Personally think that two brothers is a bit louder to what I am looking for but any other suggestions? Pros and cons. Thanks much.
    I bought an exhaust off the AliExpress site. It is a Chinese knock off that looks and is built just like the Yoshimura, but at 1/10th the cost. I just went to a muffler shop today to get a front pipe made to connect it to the cat. I painted it with high heat paint and I am now waiting for it to dry. We did run it to check out the sound and it is to my wife's liking. It has good sound, but not obnoxious. If you want that then you take out the removable baffle. Only took me 8 days to get it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Inle...7-0b3a672dbac4

Spyder Garage

Cool

I started a thread here on this same subject.

You may want to reference that thread.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-EXHAUST-ON-F3

There's a great deal of variance within the member replies.

Hope this helps!!!
    Last edited by SpyderHands; 06-12-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you have the pre-muffler bypass pipe?
    Gives a nice sound....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Do you have the pre-muffler bypass pipe?
    Gives a nice sound....
    ????????
    HAND'S UP:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderHands View Post
    ????????
    Lamonsters performance muffler

Spyder Garage

I started a thread here on this same subject.

You may want to reference that thread.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-EXHAUST-ON-F3

There's a great deal of variance within the member replies.

Hope this helps!!!
    Thanks, it helped. I agree with you, I am not a 20 year old either and I am not looking for an annoying loud sound but something that actually sounds deeper like an actual combustion engine.

Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust System

What I did was get rid of the Cat and installed the replacement pipe from Lamonster, also left the stock muffler on, but I also put in the Big City Thunder baffle on the curved end of the the pipe and the Can Opener baffle on the other end. This set up sounds great, plus it also gives you the back pressure you need , it increased the bottom end torque. I posted a before and after sound on a different thread here!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmarsala View Post
    What I did was get rid of the Cat and installed the replacement pipe from Lamonster, also left the stock muffler on, but I also put in the Big City Thunder baffle on the curved end of the the pipe and the Can Opener baffle on the other end. This set up sounds great, plus it also gives you the back pressure you need , it increased the bottom end torque. I posted a before and after sound on a different thread here!
    So, how much $$$ do you have in your setup?
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

Thanks, it helped. I agree with you, I am not a 20 year old either and I am not looking for an annoying loud sound but something that actually sounds deeper like an actual combustion engine.
    Exactly.
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust $$$$$

So, how much $$$ do you have in your setup?
    I got the replacement pipe from a friend who bought it, then got rid of his bike due to health reasons, he never installed it so he let me have it for $200.00, the Big City baffle was $68.00 and the Lamonster Can Opener baffle was $20.00, so $288.00 total, I do my own work so I can put a value on that. Do I think it was worth it? Yes I do, the bike sounds better and the bottom end torque is more noticeable, but it's up to you to figure out what your looking for.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmarsala View Post
    I got the replacement pipe from a friend who bought it, then got rid of his bike due to health reasons, he never installed it so he let me have it for $200.00, the Big City baffle was $68.00 and the Lamonster Can Opener baffle was $20.00, so $288.00 total, I do my own work so I can put a value on that. Do I think it was worth it? Yes I do, the bike sounds better and the bottom end torque is more noticeable, but it's up to you to figure out what your looking for.
    Cool. What kind of replacement pipe was it that you acquired from your friend?
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

The exhaust that I got off AliExpress cost me $20, shipping was $35 and the front pipe cost me $20 at the local muffler shop. I just painted it with BBQ paint and everything turned out great. The pipe is an exact copy of a Yoshimura exhaust and sounds just as good. Total cost was @ $100 with the exchange rate to Canadian dollars.

Unknown-5.jpg
    Last edited by bscrive; 06-14-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry, but have to ask - why do you need a loud bike? I don't get it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I'm sorry, but have to ask - why do you need a loud bike? I don't get it.
    Hi, well I did not say I want it loud, but to improve the sound, and I know that can be subject to a lot of discussion and interpretation. You may not like what I like. I think of improving the exhaust sound like your car stereo, I don't want to up the volume but to tune the bass and definitely I don't want anything loud annoying. I think Spyders don't have the best sound in their engines so that is why BRP sells the Akra exhausts to make additional money, but of course we don't buy the bikes for the sound.
    Take care and have fun.

Spyder Garage

Default Replacement Pipe

Cool. What kind of replacement pipe was it that you acquired from your friend?
    The replacement pipe is the one from Lamonster Garage, check out the link below. Lamonster has all kinds of aftermarket parts for the F3. Everything I've got from them has been first rate parts and they ship fast. If you're going to own a Spyder he's worth checking out.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/perfo...ent-pipe-1330/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    The exhaust that I got off AliExpress cost me $20, shipping was $35 and the front pipe cost me $20 at the local muffler shop. I just painted it with BBQ paint and everything turned out great. The pipe is an exact copy of a Yoshimura exhaust and sounds just as good. Total cost was @ $100 with the exchange rate to Canadian dollars.

Unknown-5.jpg
    That looks like a good DIY job. Surprised you didn't get the exhaust shop to bypass the secondary CAT at the same time with one big pipe.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Default Voodoo

I installed a Voodoo Double Barrel Shorty on my 2015 F3-S. Left the CAT on. Very easy install and the sound is great. It's definitely louder and deeper than it was with the stock pipe - but, not as loud/deep as I'd hoped. I may remove the cat and get a baffle.

https://www.voodoomoto.com/ProductDe...ode=VESPYF3L5B
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SE6
    Voodoo Shorty Double-Barrel Exhaust in Black Matte Finish
    Lamonster Garage Bar Clamp w/ RAM Mount and X-Grip

Lamonster Garage Spyder Decals

Wishlist: Passenger Backrest, Sound System...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    That looks like a good DIY job. Surprised you didn't get the exhaust shop to bypass the secondary CAT at the same time with one big pipe.
    My wife has heard F3s with the cat removed and she doesn't care for the sound. She says it sounds like a chainsaw. With the cat on you get a nice low rumble, without the chainsaw sound.
    Last edited by bscrive; 06-16-2017 at 03:46 PM.