Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Most used accessories

Hey there y'all,

Has anyone ever complied a list of accessories that have been installed by the Spyder bike owners/riders?

What I was thinking is if there were a group of accessories that have been installed by folks more frequently than others the perhaps if that list of most sought after accessories was presented to BRP then perhaps some of them could become options in the future or even part of the basic builds for the bikes.

Just sayin.....

JD

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MOST USED ACCESSORY

Without a doubt my Utopia drivers backrest, then my front shock angle adjusters , does switching to car tires count .... Mike

Spyder Garage

For my RT #1 Driver backrest. #2 Armrests for my better half.

Spyder Garage

Default ACCESSORIES

​For me the must haves would be a driver's backrest, LED headlights and fog lights and more lights on the back for safety.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Vented windshield

Yah they're expensive ( unless you get a Gold wing vent and cut it in yourself) . My wife gets NO buffeting with the vent open and I get cooling air. Happy wife= happy life.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Everybody is going to have their own favorites: make up your own list, and enjoy your ride!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I used to be into "pretty" and "unique." Had some good looking, unique rides that way. The only problem--farkles usually do not add intrinsic value a couple years down the line. They can actually hinder a sale because they might not like what you did.

That said: All my cruisers have ended up with the "bagger, Silvarado," look. Start with a basic cruiser, add windshield, crash bars, floorboards, driving light bar, visors over the lights, tank bib, windshield bag, and of course leather bags. Voila!

Spyders: TricLED or Custom Dynamics Trunk light, floorboards when needed, driving lights (if not delivered in stock mode), additional a-frame lights, and now the bumpskid. Have not went the "pretty" or "unique" route because at $30 grand--enough is enough for me.

Early Spyders: When they were new, both my dealer and I tried to make them into touring cruisers. I had $6K worth of farkles on each. Fairing, saddlebags, rear trunk, lights galore, handlebar risers, mirror extenders, seats, etc. Lost my shirt when I traded for an RT Premier. I heard this week that the ex finally has hers (09) up for sale. Good luck getting over $7K for that one.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-12-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

for me the must have is backrest & lidlox & ips

Spyder Garage

Everything listed below plus my Butler Cup holder with attached X grip for my phone. Love it all!
    Last edited by AY4B; 06-13-2017 at 09:41 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm very practical ing trip in my upgrades. For me, a back rest, Baha Ron's Sway bar. Trix Handle bars and of course my Seal Floorboards for real riding comfort. Im now set for my next major trip, in comfort.

Spyder Garage

Everything listed below, but
    FIRST: TricLED Ultimate Safety Bundle, Custom Dynamics HMT, Mirror mounted Turn Signal indicators, TricLED Wide-Vue Mirrors --- SEE BETTER and BE SEEN BETTER
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kaos View Post
    Yah they're expensive ( unless you get a Gold wing vent and cut it in yourself) . My wife gets NO buffeting with the vent open and I get cooling air. Happy wife= happy life.

Kaos
    (Vented windshield) X 2

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

By accessories, I take it you mean farkles and not things to correct any Spyder shortcomings (like sway bar, heat shields etc). Ours has to be the Givi luggage set, as they came out before the ST was available. Also my Ram X-grip for the phone.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow