Spyder Garage

Default Suggestions for my trip

First forgive me if this should not have been posted here, I was unsure where to make this thread. Anyways in August my wife and I are taking a trip on our 2012 RT, we will be leaving from Clovis NM and hitting Branson MO, Robinson IL, and ending in London Ky. We are wanting to know if anyone has any suggestions for great stops along the way like tourist traps, sight-seeing, food stops, etc. Below is a very rough map of how we will be going. We figure we are willing to divert up to an hour or so depending on the stops. Any suggestions would be fantastic.

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 2.10.06 PM.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you are not in big hurry, you can go on the real "Route 66" across Oklahoma. Lots to see. You will go through many towns. It is pretty well marked with signs. In Chandler, you can stop and see Jerry McClenahan. He is the author of the "Route 66 EZ Guide".

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Cross country trip

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder-Dan View Post
    First forgive me if this should not have been posted here, I was unsure where to make this thread. Anyways in August my wife and I are taking a trip on our 2012 RT, we will be leaving from Clovis NM and hitting Branson MO, Robinson IL, and ending in London Ky. We are wanting to know if anyone has any suggestions for great stops along the way like tourist traps, sight-seeing, food stops, etc. Below is a very rough map of how we will be going. We figure we are willing to divert up to an hour or so depending on the stops. Any suggestions would be fantastic.

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 2.10.06 PM.jpg
    First I would say this is the perfect place to post a thread like this, and second I want to thank you. I'm retiring at the end of the month, ant me and my wife plan to cross the US in August too. I plan to make many notes from this thread

Safe travels.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kngfsh27 View Post
    If you are not in big hurry, you can go on the real "Route 66" across Oklahoma. Lots to see. You will go through many towns. It is pretty well marked with signs. In Chandler, you can stop and see Jerry McClenahan. He is the author of the "Route 66 EZ Guide".
    I have been thinking about that, I've been watching a guy on youtube right now Nomadic Fanatic travel on route 66, he hasn't made it to Oklahoma yet. Since living out here for a few years the wife and I have went West as far as Vegas on 66 and loved the tourist traps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    First I would say this is the perfect place to post a thread like this, and second I want to thank you. I'm retiring at the end of the month, ant me and my wife plan to cross the US in August too. I plan to make many notes from this thread

Safe travels.

Thanks not only am I new to these forums, I am also new to the world of Spyders. This year my wife and I are moving back to Kentucky (reason for the ride) and originally I wanted us to ride two separate motorcycles, but I realized a cross country ride for an inexperienced rider would be too dangerous. So we bought a used 2012 RT earlier this year and Ive really fallen in love with it. The plan is as long as we are still in love with it by the time we reach Kentucky later this year we plan on upgrading to a newer model or models if she wants her own.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Sounds Like a Plan

Thanks not only am I new to these forums, I am also new to the world of Spyders. This year my wife and I are moving back to Kentucky (reason for the ride) and originally I wanted us to ride two separate motorcycles, but I realized a cross country ride for an inexperienced rider would be too dangerous. So we bought a used 2012 RT earlier this year and Ive really fallen in love with it. The plan is as long as we are still in love with it by the time we reach Kentucky later this year we plan on upgrading to a newer model or models if she wants her own.
    Sounds like you've got the right idea. If time is not an issue I'd avoid big towns and stick to "off the beaten path". In Texas we have a couple of TV shows "Texas Country Reporter" and "The Texas Bucket List" if the other states have something similar you can learn about places to see that way.

Spyder Garage

Default Sites in Texas and Branson

Podnuh...

Depending on the dates, I recommend the play, "Texas" in Palo Duro Canyon just south of Amarillo. It is in a state park. Check their website.

In Branson, there is a wonderful lunch stop called, Fall Creek Steak & Catfish House (The home of the Tossed Rolls) IN BRANSON!! Ask for Roger.

John

Test message.

2016 Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is some great riding on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail and you can tour the distilleries.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Your trip

If you are heading to Robinson IL google moonshine store . It isn't far. It is only open for lunch, done at noon I believe lots of Motorcycle groups make the pilgrimage. In April they have the lunch run, thousands come. It's a nice old country store. And don't forget the hershey factory in Robinson.
    Ranman42

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ranman42 View Post
    If you are heading to Robinson IL google moonshine store . It isn't far. It is only open for lunch, done at noon I believe lots of Motorcycle groups make the pilgrimage. In April they have the lunch run, thousands come. It's a nice old country store. And don't forget the hershey factory in Robinson.
    Wow I have actually been there, my wife's family is from Robinson and they took me once never on a bike though. From what I have heard they have a dedicated bike day that brings in a big crowd.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Air Force PAO View Post
    Podnuh...

Depending on the dates, I recommend the play, "Texas" in Palo Duro Canyon just south of Amarillo. It is in a state park. Check their website.

In Branson, there is a wonderful lunch stop called, Fall Creek Steak & Catfish House (The home of the Tossed Rolls) IN BRANSON!! Ask for Roger.

John
    Just looked it up Fall Creek looks good, do you have any other suggestions for Branson? We plan on dedicating two days there.

Spyder Garage

Just looked it up Fall Creek looks good, do you have any other suggestions for Branson? We plan on dedicating two days there.
    Make sure you take in a show or two while in Branson. The Branson entertainment page is filled with all the show information. You will not have any problem finding some that you really would like to see. Bass Pro shop headquarters in Springfield MO--just up the road. Big Cedar Lodge just south of Branson.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Just south of Branson on the other side of Table Rock lake is Top of the Rock, right next to Big Cedar Lodge. Another Johnny Morris (Bass Pro) project. Go to Top of the Rock for dinner and a walk about. Lots of historical artifacts within the facility. Arnold Palmer's old barn which was shipped from Pennsylvania is used for one of the restaurants. After dinner go over to Big Cedar Lodge and the Buzzard Bar. Cliff Self will provide entertaining country music and entertainment as you enjoy an adult beverage.