Spyder Garage

Default I wish Kawi made Spyders

Here we go again. My F3 is acting up. Now there is a growing vibration in the front end. Off to iMotorsports again If you don't know, there is already $10K in repairs on my F3 already. I don't ride it hard and it gets its maintenance. This just sux.

In contrast, my little Ninja 650 hums along with no complaint. It has more miles on it and gets run much harder.
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are there any other Dealerships around, that you could have take a look at it?
    Perhaps a fresh set of eyeballs could make a difference.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

It is unfortunate that you are continuing to have problems with the F3. There are always a few that get more of their share of issues.

I sincerely hope that your dealer, or a different dealer can get the problem solved.

Now that you mentioned Kawi--I made a purchase of another Vulcan 900 LTD just earlier this week. Mine was because I had the desire to go back to two wheels because I am able once again. I still have my two 's.

I have owned at least 7 kawi's over the years and never had a problem with any of them. Oil, filters and tires. No major repairs.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-09-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    Here we go again. My F3 is acting up. Now there is a growing vibration in the front end. Off to iMotorsports again If you don't know, there is already $10K in repairs on my F3 already. I don't ride it hard and it gets its maintenance. This just sux.

In contrast, my little Ninja 650 hums along with no complaint. It has more miles on it and gets run much harder.
    Sucks being down. From your previous post I see that the $10,000 was covered under warranty, what kind of problems are they? Is it the same thing each time?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    It is unfortunate that you are continuing to have problems with the F3. There are always a few that get more of their share of issues.

I sincerely hope that your dealer, or a different dealer can get the problem solved.

Now that you mentioned Kawi--I made a purchase of another Vulcan 900 LTD just earlier this week. Mine was because I had the desire to go back to two wheels because I am able once again. I still have my two 's.

I have owned at least 7 kawi's over the years and never had a problem with any of them. Oil, filters and tires. No major repairs.
    My first "real streetbike" was the babiest brother of the legendary H2...

The S1: a 250cc two-stroke triple!

S1 250.jpg
    It had NO bottom-end whatsoever, but was a real hoot; once you got it up on the pipes!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That must be irritating. Good luck going forward.

Spyder Garage

If you wanted a rocket ship in 1973 you got the Z1 900. I bought one new and still own it. It's as fast now as it was then. Trill to ride.
    2013 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post

you are right my friend Kawasaki is reliability big time

Spyder Garage

I had a first gen Kawasaki Concours before my Spyder and that thing was absolutely bulletproof. I'd still be riding it if I hadn't wrecked it. I personally think Kawasaki makes the best motorcycle engines. Sorry to hear about all your problems that you are having.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

.....or Honda

Spyder Garage

1976 Honda CB 750 Super Sport. Best bike I ever owned. Just basic maintenance - which I did myself, so easy - and Zero problems. If memory serves me, (and it often doesn't) I think it cost $1,800.00 out of the crate and ready to ride. And I did watch them uncrate it and set it up. Pretty darn fast, too.

honda.jpg
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 06-10-2017 at 08:08 AM.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaman View Post
    If you wanted a rocket ship in 1973 you got the Z1 900. I bought one new and still own it. It's as fast now as it was then. Trill to ride.
    Yup! More monster stuff.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Arrow Hate to hear this.

Agree about Kawasaki.

Or, 'built by Ural' would likely be an improvement.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    My first "real streetbike" was the babiest brother of the legendary H2...

The S1: a 250cc two-stroke triple!

S1 250.jpg
    It had NO bottom-end whatsoever, but was a real hoot; once you got it up on the pipes!
    You don't want to know how much these are going for in the UK!! A friend of mine has a 750cc triple (H2)
    and it's a leg wetter.

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer...

Do agree that perhaps new eyes on the problem/s could help.
    on the secondary point...from a mechanics view with way to many years fixing motorcyles and basically only seeing the sick and injured...they all had issues and if I had to say which had the least...I would say Suzuki. Now mind you I worked mostly in Texas and Southern California. Kawazaki was a chunky rough built bike and things did not fit well and needed a lot of adjustment. Granted they got much better in time. Honda tended to add features that inevitably added problem though they had one of the best built. Suzuki and Yamaha were pretty even as far as problems went. But then Hey...none of them had all the techy stuff we have today and especially the stuff the spyder has... I got out about the time they started running electrical wires to the carburators on the GSXR's before fuel injectors...something about electricity and gasoline...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    You don't want to know how much these are going for in the UK!! A friend of mine has a 750cc triple (H2)
    and it's a leg wetter.
    I thought the 750 was the H3 but no matter. You had to be VERY careful decelerating or the head shake could tear your arms off. The 500 was almost as fast.

Ah, the old days of two-strokes and riding with one finger on the clutch at all times.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought a KZ900 in '76. It was my first bike and the first bike I ever rode. Had it until '89. I envy you. Take care of it and it forever. Wish I still had mine.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up ZX-11

Sorry to hear about the prods with your F3. BRP should give you another one or buy it back ( like BMW did awhile back )
    I really liked my ZX 11. Piped,jetted,modded the ram air system. What a rocket.

Kaos
    Last edited by Lew L; 06-10-2017 at 04:18 PM. Reason: I hate auto spell
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But they just didn't feel as fast as the H1 and H2 when they got up on their pipes!
    The H1 was particularly nasty: the H2 actually was easier to ride.
    A buddy of mine has the Holy Grail of monsters from back then: a factory original Z1-TC...