Spyder Garage

Default 10 Counties to go!

Over 12 thousand miles, 2 years (spring, summer, fall), and all back roads.
    With 1 trip scheduled for July to visit 9 NE counties and 1 trip to Lexington KY in the fall for the southern county we will have visited, photographed, and videoed all Ohio County Court Houses.
    We've learned a lot of history, visited so many great small towns, stayed in some amazing state parks, seen some incredible sights, dined at some very secret places like the locals do, met so many friendly people, and enjoyed every second.
    We owe a lot of good times to our Spyder. We can't wait for our next adventure to begin.

OHIO.jpg
    Our Scenic Life - Spyder Videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/OurScenicLife

Ask me about my Spyder.
    2014 Black Can-Am Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

AWESOME!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default A New Quest for me and my Spyder (Wife if she wants to come along)

Now that is a the way to see your state! I never thought of that. I might have to start my quest to visit all the court house here in South Carolina.
    2012 RTS

2012 RtS M5 , Stock Homemade Metallic Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Freegle View Post
    Now that is a the way to see your state! I never thought of that. I might have to start my quest to visit all the court house here in South Carolina.
    As a Guest; I hope!
    Although if you end up visiting all of them as a detainee; you'll probably have some GREAT stories to tell!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Courthouses

Congratulations on nearing the end of your quest!

I'm currently working on visiting and photographing ALL Texas County Courthouses too. It's be a most enlightening journey so far and I'm just beginning! There are a total of 254! I've had judges, lawyers & some very interesting individuals come out of these building to visit and offer to take the photos for me. Plan on racking up lots of miles to see all these beauties.
    Last edited by TXrider; 06-06-2017 at 11:34 AM. Reason: wrong verbage

Spyder Garage

Markyodo, Excellent Idea! I've planned an Around MN ride for later this year that is no Interstates, no border crossings, but stay as close to the border as possible, now I'll have to come up with something like you've done for next year. Congratulations and best wishes finishing your quest!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

We have 2 here in McKinney, TX . We have the old one which is on the square downtown and we have a new one which seems like it is half way to the Oklahoma border. The old one is a far more interesting building. The main courtroom has been turned into a performance venue for plays and music. I went to see Rhonda Vincent there. So do you take your picture of the old, the new, or both?
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations. ...🎉🎊🎖

Have follow your postings and love the history...you are having an amazing tour with most wonderful finds along the way...enjoy...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Now that is an interesting way to see the country. If I decide to move to AR, we plan on doing some big time touring in the lower 48.

The thousand plus mile separation is what is currently holding us back from touring all over the country.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-06-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    So do you take your picture of the old, the new, or both?
    We do take photos of both. Unfortunately there are some counties that have torn down and replaced the old courthouse. This was the case on our trip last week. We missed the old courthouse by a month and when we arrived they had already started construction on the new one. We have photos of the construction and will have to revisit sometime next year when it is completed.
    One of the more interesting facts:
    • Fayette country courthouse still has bullet holes in the original wood door from an incident where the militia were ordered to subdue a lynch mob in Oct. 1894.

We have collected the dates, architect, and historical facts for each and will probably put them in an ebook when completed. My wife has this all in a large scrapbook at the moment.

We met a rail road engineer responsible for moving the engines to the required depots for freight hookup. We got a tour of one facility. He has a side business etching and dye sub metal sheets. He gave us his cell number and has offered to etch and color a sheet of metal with our Ohio bordered county courthouse photos when it's finished.
    Our Scenic Life - Spyder Videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/OurScenicLife

Ask me about my Spyder.
    2014 Black Can-Am Spyder RT

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ride on!

Spyder Garage

Default That is cool.

I am currently doing the same thing here in Ohio. I have the north, northeast, and two to the west to get yet. As you said, it has been entertaining and educational. You want to learn about an area? Find the local greasy spoon diner, order the special, and chat it up with the locals. Plus I have been pointed in the direction of some great roads I wouldn't have known about otherwise.
    2015 RT , Black