Spyder Garage

Thumbs up XexonDepot Extreme LED installed success !!!!!!! - PART 1!!!!!!!

FINALLY,....... after many hours and days and weekends - i finally got it
    what a pain in the ass - whoever designed the Spyder sockets and bulb fixture is a huge arse.... - why did they make it so hard and complicated
    i had to modify the stock H7 retainer clips - i used my dremel to make a wider center hole and my pliers to bend up the clips to the retainer.
    you will see what i mean in the photos.......of course - this is how i did it ---- i would love if you have a better way
    P.S. - Ive must have spent at least $50 on different adapter and holders from AMAZON. (none of them worked)

These are pics of the bulb they sent me - the the stock clip i bent -- then the modified clip on the LED bulb
    Photo Jun 02, 7 10 06 PM.jpgPhoto Jun 04, 8 46 00 AM.jpgPhoto Jun 04, 8 44 57 AM.jpg

The following are the steps i took to get to the headlights:

Step 1: remove the top plastic
    step 1.jpg

Step 2: remove the windshield
    step 2.jpg

Last edited by cenzo989; 06-04-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default XexonDepot Extreme LED installed success !!!!!!! - PART 2

Step 3: remove the dashboard by pushing down (with a screwdriver) on the tabs and popping the dash out
    step 3.jpg

Step 4:disconnect the left & right turn signals
    step 4.jpg

Step 5: remove the mirrors by removing the screws
    step 5.jpg..............step 5a.jpg
    Last edited by cenzo989; 06-04-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default XexonDepot Extreme LED installed success !!!!!!! - PART 3

Step 6: Remove top plastic by inserting & pulling up on top plastic....total of 5 holes ( 2 on each side & 1 in front)
    step 6.jpg......step 6a.jpg.......step 6b.jpg

Step 7: If doing the right side - remove the 2 tabs for more hand space...... same if doing the left side
    step 7.jpg

Step 8: Remove the dust cap
    step 8.jpg
    Last edited by cenzo989; 06-04-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default XexonDepot Extreme LED installed success !!!!!!! - PART 4

Step 9:Twist like hell and remove the stock bulb
    step 9.jpg

Step 10: modify the stock H7 clip & try your best to fit it back in
    Photo Jun 04, 8 46 00 AM.jpg.........Photo Jun 04, 8 44 57 AM.jpg

RESULTS:
    results.jpg

i also tried contacting XEXOMNDEPOT customer support to see if they had a special adapter for the spyder
    This was their answer:

Vinny,

Thanks for reaching out to us, but sorry to hear you are having troubles with your installation.

(1) H7 bulbs: some H7 lighting applications require an additional adaptor/retaining clip to help secure the bulb in place. When this is the case, our LED bulbs are often too large to make a proper fitment and you will have trouble completing your installation.

In most cases, you might be better off going with an HID solution instead. You would still need to either use/modify the stock retaining clips/adaptors, or purchase a set from our selection to accommodate the wiring (http://www.xenondepot.com/HID-Kit-Adaptors-s/15.htm - not intended to represent all styles that exist, these are just the ones we sell).

All that being said, if the LEDs are not going to work for you, we can look at doing a Return or Exchange for you.

(2) Return/Exchange: in order to send items back for a Return or Exchange, we need to be within 30 days of the original purchase (currently 9 days), and the items need to be in a Brand New/Re-sellable condition (where you would accept them as New items if you received them this way from your original order). Provided that you have been careful with the bulbs (they are easy to scuff/scratch during an installation), they can still be good to return.

Let us know if you would like to proceed with a Return or Exchange, and if you want to get an HID kit instead, take a look at the Adaptors page I linked up above and see if there are any styles there that look like the stock clips you have in your motorcycle, so we can make sure you will have a way to properly secure the bulbs if you are still doing a replacement.

Thanks,

Robert

XenonDepot
    1-877-522-2701
    Last edited by cenzo989; 06-04-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Spyder Garage

Hi, is the color temp same as our fender lights?

Spyder Garage

if you use the j w speaker led conversion use should not have any issues,mine went straight in.no clip torture or adaptors.but 10 points for persaverance

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JonYiong View Post
    Hi, is the color temp same as our fender lights?

yes

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Why blame Spyder engineers?

Quote Originally Posted by cenzo989 View Post
    FINALLY,....... after many hours and days and weekends - i finally got it
    what a pain in the ass - whoever designed the Spyder sockets and bulb fixture is a huge arse.... - why did they make it so hard and complicated
    i had to modify the stock H7 retainer clips - i used my dremel to make a wider center hole and my pliers to bend up the clips to the retainer.
    you will see what i mean in the photos.......of course - this is how i did it ---- i would love if you have a better way

These are pics of the bulb they sent me - the the stock clip i bent -- then the modified clip on the LED bulb
    Photo Jun 02, 7 10 06 PM.jpgPhoto Jun 04, 8 46 00 AM.jpg

There are plenty of direct fit LED bulbs out there; why go with something that is not? See Lamonster or Tricled to cite just two.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I bought Lamont's LED kit for both the head lights and fog lights.

Access on the RT is a pain in the butt, but the fitment was perfect.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the post. I ran into this same problem. Unfortunately I didn't have the option of returning them since I bought them this winter when they were on sale and didn't get around to installing them until this spring. I wasn't overly impressed with xenondepots customer service since their website leads you to believe that they will fit. It looks I might not have wasted $100 after all. I also get a little tired of hearing that we should have bought LED bulbs from Lamonster since last time I checked he did not sell them for the RS. I wish he did sell them but that isn't an option for us.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by roofus7044 View Post
    Thanks for the post. I ran into this same problem. Unfortunately I didn't have the option of returning them since I bought them this winter when they were on sale and didn't get around to installing them until this spring. I wasn't overly impressed with xenondepots customer service since their website leads you to believe that they will fit. It looks I might not have wasted $100 after all. I also get a little tired of hearing that we should have bought LED bulbs from Lamonster since last time I checked he did not sell them for the RS. I wish he did sell them but that isn't an option for us.
    your exactly correct, everyone keeps saying lamonster has them - but when i check day after day after day, i don't see anything.
    maybe im blind?
    and another thing your right about, is that xexon depot does make you think they fit since they make you go through all the vehicle steps..
    very disappointing........