Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Disrespectful Spyder owners

I hope the person who posted pix of the Spyder assembly line was not a member here. There were Cleary signs with a pix of a camera on them and a circle with a line through. Even us Americans can see that means no pix. We were invited to see something by invitation and some ........... on Facebook took advantage of that. It's always one idiot that ruins it for the rest.
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let's cut everyone a bit of slack...
    If they didn't want stuff to be seen: they hid it away...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

i am on facebook and didn't see any pictures, only the ones can am posted
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i am on facebook and didn't see any pictures, only the ones can am posted
    Just searched. They have been taken down by the moderators. Along with some other slightly negative responses to the 10th anniversary editions.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Just searched. They have been taken down by the moderators. Along with some other slightly negative responses to the 10th anniversary editions.
    Gee, imagine that. I guess only good PR makes the cut on any forum. BTW, Love the Black, hate the Gold. Reminds me of a Chrysler Cordoba. "Look what they've done to my car/bike".

Last edited by oldguyinTX; 06-04-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

The assembly line for Spyders was already shut down for the season. What was displayed was the tail end of the run (maybe additional bikes assembled specifically for the homecoming?) and each station had a Spyder there at its specific step in the assembly, from bare frames at the beginning, to engine installation step, to completed bike minus Tupperware.

One thing they mentioned is they are in the process of retooling the assembly line with new streamlined processes and procedures. That and the current tools, processes, and procedures are probably what BRP considered proprietary.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

What the sign SAID and what BRP may have intended it to mean may just be two entirely different things.

Much like the way BRP interprets the language of the warranty to not include things like cooling fans and windshield motors.....

Turn about is fair play in my book. Nothing of a proprietary nature or future product was shown.

Lets just say some disagree with your position. Respect is earned.
    What part of 'NO PHOTOS ALLOWED' is confusing?
    the signs clearly said it and those starting us off on the tours clearly stated it.

There is no confusion on how to interpret this.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WellsboroSpyder View Post
    I hope the person who posted pix of the Spyder assembly line was not a member here. There were Cleary signs with a pix of a camera on them and a circle with a line through. Even us Americans can see that means no pix. We were invited to see something by invitation and some ........... on Facebook took advantage of that. It's always one idiot that ruins it for the rest.
    Agree 100%. It was made very clear that photos are not allowed.

We we also saw someone stealing some of the black push-pin connectors.

This is kind of crap gives us all a bad rep.

Spyder Garage

Flame me if you want, but I also took the "in production" tour of the factory where the workers were building snow machines. It was really cool to watch. I felt kind of bad that all those people had to do their job while a bunch of us gawked at them from the mezzanine.

Now here comes the part where the haters will flame.

Everyone was told on the way in, no photos, no video. BRP could have confiscated phones and cameras before the tour. Instead, they went with the trust system. They asked us not to take pictures. During the tour, I am embarrassed to say, everyone around me that was trying to take pictures was one of my fellow American Citizens. Even after I told one nice lady, who's daughter was in the US Navy, that photos where prohibited, the guy in front of me snuck out his crappy little 10 your old point-and-shoot kodak and bragged to his buddy that he was taking 'old school secret pics'.

The worst part was when he was caught. He smiled, played dumb and said, "sorry, I didn't know". He lied. When people started to linger at a certain point, I went around them to see more. Again, another one of my fellow Citizens got caught taking pics with his phone. Again, this other guy smiled, played dumb and said, "sorry, I didn't know".

The BRP people just politely admonished them and let them continue on.

Try doing that someplace in the U.S.A. where photos are prohibited and your phone or camera might just be confiscated so the pictures can be removed. They might even get the police involved.

That is the infuriating part. When you visit a different country, you are an ambassador of our United States of America. People will form their opinions about Americans by your behavior. Those guys made us ALL look bad.

A great many of my fellow Citizens in the US claim the moral high ground of 'playing by the rules' and 'personal responsibility'.

It's tragic that those ideals end the moment they leave their home town.

Let the flames begin.

I am not going to follow this thread, so if you don't like what I have written, report me, I don't care

Lamont, if you want to delete this post, feel free. It's YOUR message board and much to some peoples dismay, there are no First Amendment rights violated if you do so.

By the way, I had a great time at the event. Met some very nice people and can't wait for the next one.

CAC

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post
    Flame me if you want, but I also took the "in production" tour of the factory where the workers were building snow machines. It was really cool to watch. I felt kind of bad that all those people had to do their job while a bunch of us gawked at them from the mezzanine.

Everyone was told on the way in, no photos, no video. BRP could have confiscated phones and cameras before the tour. Instead, they went with the trust system. They asked us not to take pictures. During the tour, I am embarrassed to say, everyone around me that was trying to take pictures was one of my fellow American Citizens. Even after I told one nice lady, who's daughter was in the US Navy, that photos where prohibited, the guy in front of me snuck out his crappy little 10 your old point-and-shoot kodak and bragged to his buddy that he was taking 'old school secret pics'.

The worst part was when he was caught. He smiled, played dumb and said, "sorry, I didn't know". He lied. When people started to linger at a certain point, I went around them to see more. Again, another one of my fellow Citizens got caught taking pics with his phone. Again, this other guy smiled, played dumb and said, "sorry, I didn't know".

Try doing that someplace in the U.S.A. where photos are prohibited and your phone or camera might just be confiscated so the pictures can be removed. They might even get the police involved.

That is the infuriating part. When you visit a different country, you are an ambassador of our United States of America. People will form their opinions about Americans by your behavior. Those guys made us ALL look bad.

A great many of my fellow Citizens in the US claim the moral high ground of 'playing by the rules' and 'personal responsibility'.

Let the flames begin.

I am not going to follow this thread, so if you don't like what I have written, report me, I don't care

Lamont, if you want to delete this post, feel free. It's YOUR message board and much to some peoples dismay, there are no First Amendment rights violated if you do so.

By the way, I had a great time at the event. Met some very nice people and can't wait for the next one.

CAC

We Americans are a representation of our country whenever we are somewhere else.

It was made very clear by the tour guides that photos were allowed in the lobby, but beyond that absolutely not. On the other hand, their was no confidential stuff laying around anywhere. There is very little true manufacturing done there. It is mostly an assembly operation using parts brought in from around the world.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NO PICS - PLEASE

This is in large type because I'm really pi**ed off at the posters here who feel there is some reason or excuse to VIOLATE the wishes of the HOST ..... I would bet a million dollars that those same people who think it's OK to do this kind of thing.... if they invited people into their house and requested no touching of my stuff , would have a completely different attitude if their wishes were Violated. NO means NO, not a difficult concept to understand .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-05-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Spyder Garage

Let the flames begin.

CAC

No one should flame you as you're on the right side of this discussion.
    It was wrong for anyone to take photos. Period.
    I considered it an honor to visit Canada and tour all the BRP facilities and did my best to represent our country. I was so embarrassed and ashamed when someone took a handful of the black push-pins. He showed the handful to a BRP line worker and put that worker in a difficult position. The worker kindly said 'I didn't see anything'. The guy did it again further down the assembly line.
    A grown man... stealing $3.00 worth of plastic push-pins.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Let's cut everyone a bit of slack...
    So anyone who comes to your office is ok to take pix of stuff that might be on your desk? Stuff that may or may not contain client info.
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    32 years of wedded bliss

Spyder Garage

What the sign SAID and what BRP may have intended it to mean may just be two entirely different things.

Much like the way BRP interprets the language of the warranty to not include things like cooling fans and windshield motors.....

Turn about is fair play in my book. Nothing of a proprietary nature or future product was shown.

Lets just say some disagree with your position. Respect is earned.
    What a childish playground attitude!
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    32 years of wedded bliss

Spyder Garage

O, lord have mercy!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    the signs clearly said it and those starting us off on the tours clearly stated it.

So they are JUST like Speed Limit signs: right??

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

No one should flame you as you're on the right side of this discussion.
    It was wrong for anyone to take photos. Period.
    I considered it an honor to visit Canada and tour all the BRP facilities and did my best to represent our country. I was so embarrassed and ashamed when someone took a handful of the black push-pins. He showed the handful to a BRP line worker and put that worker in a difficult position. The worker kindly said 'I didn't see anything'. The guy did it again further down the assembly line.
    A grown man... stealing $3.00 worth of plastic push-pins.
    I saw those bins of push pins and body panel bolts as well. The sad part is if the person had just asked the worker would probably have given him a few.

There was one worker on the line where the body panels are installed who was extremely interested in knowing what kind of bike you had, if you liked it, and if you had ever had any problems with it. He was visibly upset when I mentioned I had had an oil leak and the DESS failure but was very happy that the dealer had made good on it under warranty.

One of the things I did was chatting with the workers was asked them what they did when they weren't playing tour guide. The majority of the ones I was speaking to were actually explaining the steps and procedures they do every day. It was obvious to me that these folks are very proud and passionate about the machines they build. I know for myself I won't be making any more jokes about "was this bike built on a Monday or Friday" or the "800 lb gorilla with the air wrench."
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T

Spyder States Visited

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Some say there was very little manufacturing taking place at the time of the tours. Even if that's true, that's not justification for breaking posted rules and verbal instructions before hand. Then to top it off, there are people who feel entitled to help themselves to some small parts!

Granted, I wasn't there and I'm basing this solely on what is posted here. But, if true, I'm embarrassed by the actions of, hopefully, just a few. The inability of some to follow simple rules and to show a basic human decency is baffling. And then people wonder why the rest of the world views Americans with a certain degree of distrust or even contempt.

As said, we are ambassadors of our country to the world. That is true as we go about our everyday lives but decidedly more so when we are traveling in another country. That means WE show OUR common beliefs to the rest of the world by even our littlest actions. Don't believe that? Think about any preconceived notions you may have about a nation or a nationality that you have no first hand knowledge of or interaction with. Hmmmm!

I've worked in places where taking pictures would at the very least get your film confiscated or digital pictures deleted to getting fired. In a nuclear power plant, it would lead to revocation of unescorted access to a ban for three or more years. To the average person, you may not see anything special. But by taking pictures where prohibited, you may be showing something that is in the background that is not the main subject but still may have clues to proprietary processes when given the ability to be studied at length.

In short, when you are a guest, be respectful to your host!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can't agree with that one.

Spyder Garage

The BRP associates and the signs were very clear where pics could not be taken. I experienced the same at the Design Center tour. They stated multiple times when waiting in line that no photos were allowed - and signs all around inside. Some guy tried taking pics at the old prototypes and BRP employees instructed him he could not take pictures...and he claimed he did not know. BRP made it very clear and that should be respected.
    2012 RT-SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let the flames begin.

CAC
    It was made very clear on the tours that no pictures or video was allowed. This post is 100% on the money.

For most people a picture of an assembly line or a room with equipment probably would mean nothing but if a person looking at the photo knew what they were looking at then it could tell them a lot. As an example....on the tours I was on I could see specifically what type of design/CAD software they were using. This was just from looking at a couple of the display screens. To the average person this would mean nothing. Since this is my background it tells me a lot about the level of technology they have access too, the ability of that technology to aid in design and manufacturing, what other companies/software they can (or most likely) interface with and a whole bunch of different processes they most likely use to arrive at a finished product.

Spyder Garage

Fine. I did not see the sign, only the description of it that was posted here. My point was more about BRP expecting the respect of owners in attendance when they turn around and disrespect them at other times. Respect has to be a two way street.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I'm going to say something different. While talking to a guy on the line about where the horn was on the F3. And how to get at it. My wife pulled her camera out of her pocket. She was quickly told, no photos. The guy looked over both shoulders and quickly said ok, takes photos quick quick! At the dyno station, we asked how many do they test in an hour? The reply we got was, "I can't talk to you about it". He then looked around and said you didn't hear this from me. We do 3-4 per hour. And they have two dyno's. So? Are rules made to be broken? And by whom? As far as pics being taken. What's the secret? Take all phones, cameras at the door. As far as items being taken. That's Fing BS! He should have been thrown out and banned from any future BRP events! We found the factory people to be very outgoing and friendly. And they bent the rules as much as possible. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Besides Lamont, who else is a moderator on here? Or, are they like secret shoppers, and you are not allowed to know their identity?

Spyder Garage

Fine. I did not see the sign, only the description of it that was posted here. My point was more about BRP expecting the respect of owners in attendance when they turn around and disrespect them at other times. Respect has to be a two way street.
    Then you had to have been blind or completely oblivious to what was around you. There wasn't a single sign in a dimly lit corner. There were signs everywhere with a "no" symbol over an image of a camera. When you were standing in line outside the factory or the design center the guides specifically mentioned several times that pictures were not permitted once you were past a specific point.

Their factory, their rules. Don't like it? Don't go.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2022 White Pearl F3T

Spyder States Visited