Spyder Garage

Default 2014 ST Limited - rear tail/stop light change

Has anybody out there ever changed their rear tail/stop light on their ST? I didn't have to, but during the installation of my new additional LED turn/stop lights I had to get that the tail/stop light wires to tap in. Holy cow! How do you spell BURIED by little hands? In the end, I came up with what I believe is a better solution.
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Not at the moment I don't...

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayBrown View Post
    Has anybody out there ever changed their rear tail/stop light on their ST? I didn't have to, but during the installation of my new additional LED turn/stop lights I had to get that the tail/stop light wires to tap in. Holy cow! How do you spell BURIED by little hands? In the end, I came up with what I believe is a better solution.
    Not at the moment I don't know, but I will need to before too long when I get my center light and a few other rear end LED upgrades on my ST-S.

And OMG, do I know what you mean by the little hand ordeal. The panels were not too bad especially when the only how-to's are for RT's and F3's. Just doing my headlights and fog lights this weekend took my mother stopping by to get her small hands in the dash since my daughter was out of town... It was a cussing pain for a minute there, but it all got done...best of luck to you and if I find any info, I'll come back and post if you still need it.
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

It can be tight but fyi each of the tail light housing is mounted by only 2 torx bolts got to feel for location & then some. When I added the transmitter for my wireless brake light i went deep enough to remove the lower cover all the way. It did help some & that was after Tricled installed my light stips (long led)& Rivico S.O.M.A. Lights (short led) by another bud image.jpg it can be a rat nest of wires. But proper amount of zipties& wire loom can clean that up.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Full LED

We have an '09 GS, After replacing tires that were 9y ears old, hard as a rock, I replaced all bulbs with LEDs, front markers to tag light. In the rear, i didn't go with new full LED housings ($239 vs $15), just replaced the bulbs . *Except Head Lights; the transformers on HID & LEDS cause radio interference, which is unacceptable to the mrs. Headlights are PIAA 4100k Halogen.