Thread: Code P1774

Spyder Garage

Default Code P1774

Hi All. Our 2010 RTS SE5 gave me a 'check engine light' and code P1774. She still runs great. I can not find that code on line. We were traveling in the Cdn Rockies over 5000' alt. All help would be appreciated. THX

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, if you are sure that you saw P1774 as the code - double check that it's not P1174 - then it seems to be a mystery. It's not listed in Spyder Codes App. It's never been posted on this site before. And in the OBD-II world, it means various things to various auto manufactures...so says Google. Since you're on the inaugural year RT, could be a bug. But, in the Canadian Rockies, what can you do about it anyway. Until some other issue arises, enjoy the scenery. Wish we were there.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

P0174 P1174 both pertain to lean banks which could be the system has not adjusted to clinate/altitude changes..let the comuters reset key out of the ignition and see if it clears.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I just had that code along with P0170. Had to change my MAP sensor. Cost was 157.00 for sensor.