Thread: P0107 Code

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default P0107 Code

Getting a P0107 code on our 2013 RT-S, seems to be running OK. What is it and is it something that needs to be fixed right away or can it be postponed for 600-800 miles? Our BEST warranty is good til the middle of July.

We were planning on going to Iowa next Tuesday to get our baby squared away. Would that be risking getting stranded or nothing to worry about? Is there something I can do to fix it myself?

Thanks for any help in advance. This is the first problem we've had in almost 7000 miles since we bought it last July.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Manifold Air Pressure Sensor Voltage Too Lo.
    or could be the map sensor

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor - MAP sensor voltage out of spec too low. Sensor could have failed or simply problem with the connector plug. So, what you can check yourself is the connector - unplug and spray with electric contact cleaner, plug back in. Check around for damaged wire harness, chafing, heat, critters, etc. While you're there, check condition of the two vacuum lines that go to the sensor. Probably not the cause but since you'll be right there.....Left hand side of engine up against throttle body. This code won't throw you into Limp Mode, so if you have to ride it, no harm, but that decision is yours. The fuel injection system should disregard the sensor's input, however, if you do pick up a lean or rich code, it would be due to the MAP sensor's faulty input.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 06-02-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the answers! So a round trip of about 500 miles could be done with little more than the usual risks? I don't want to put anyone on the spot, I realize anything can happen. I just want to make sure that I won't be ruining my engine or running a big risk of a breakdown as a result of driving it that far if I can't get it fixed first.

2013 RT-S SE 5

Spyder Garage

Default Vacuum lines.

Pick up some line from napa or auto parts store, I'll put them in when we are in Iowa. Had people ride thousands of miles with leaky vacuum lines. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Joe. What size line does it take? I might be able to do it myself if I can find the time. I changed the oil yesterday and took my back tire off today. Going to take it in to get a new tire tomorrow. Rebuilt our clothes dryer today and went with my wife to get groceries! I finally got laid off from the nuke I was working at Sunday morning and it seems I've been going full tilt since trying to get things done so we can make it to Iowa Tuesday!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

3mm ID. Cut them both to 85mm in length. Correct length is important. Get good silicon vacuum line.

Remember that the code you are getting is related to the MAP sensor voltage, but slightly different than the more common lean codes. New vacuum lines may or may not be the answer. But it eliminates a potential cause. Can't hurt. Have a safe trip.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 06-03-2017 at 06:21 AM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Doug! I'll be getting some today!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting this info. I have a 2015 spyder rt and am currently on a trip. My display screen is showing a flashing engine and my indicator engine light is on. We found the code, thank you!!. I have no limp home message but I am hoping I make it back home. Only 600 miles to go.