Thread: Question

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Question

I have a Can Am Spyder RT with semi automatic. I notice part of the time there is an up arrow in the gear selector and other times it does not show. I know this is probably telling you to shift but why is it there part of the time and not always? Is there a setting for this?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    I have a Can Am Spyder RT with semi automatic. I notice part of the time there is an up arrow in the gear selector and other times it does not show. I know this is probably telling you to shift but why is it there part of the time and not always? Is there a setting for this?
    When you get the arrow--you are in ECO mode. To toggle off/on--hold the MODE button in for an extra 2 seconds or so. Most prefer the non-ECO selection as the arrow is annoying. Use the engine sound to shift.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    If the arrow shows up at all, then it means that you have eco mode on. Hold the mod button and turn it off.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When in Eco Mide, the arrow indicates that you should upshift, if it isn't there it either means that you're in 6th gear, or you're in the proper gear for economy for your speed, or that you are in a quick acceleration like merging onto an expressway.

As as the others have said to turn the Mode on or off hold the Mode key for 2 seconds and you will see the green eco indicator go off or on.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    When in Eco Mide, the arrow indicates that you should upshift, if it isn't there it either means that you're in 6th gear, or you're in the proper gear for economy for your speed, or that you are in a quick acceleration like merging onto an expressway.

As as the others have said to turn the Mode on or off hold the Mode key for 2 seconds and you will see the green eco indicator go off or on.
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!