Thread: FOBO Issues

Spyder Garage

Default FOBO Issues

My tires do mot just lose pressure all at once but lately I have not done much riding and the alarms started going off...on all 5 tires. Three on the Spyder and two on the Harley. I went out to re inflate and the battery to the digital pressure gauge I have was dead. I went to get another battery and when I got it all back together, I started to go threw all the tires adjust the pressure. when I removed the FOBO, It showed .2 pounds of pressure on each one. Hmmm... Somethings is screwy. when I re inflated, the fobo pressure looks like it is showing about .2 pounds more than what is in there. Anyone else ever experience this? Also, Why did I lose air equally with all the tires?
    Last edited by AY4B; 08-15-2017 at 07:23 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Used to that here in Michigan. Have to add air in every tire on every car, truck, and motorcycle as the temps go from hot to cool. Woke up with the temps in the 40's the other morning from over 80 the day before. Yep FOBO tells me tires are low, then it warms up and all is okay.

If all of them were low at the same time, I would say it was temp fluctuation that caused it. .02 pounds different than your digital gauge, not worth worrying about.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Tire pressure will fluctuate with ambient temperature, and air will bleed out of your tires over time too, which is why it's always a good idea to check your tire pressure BEFORE every ride, or at least weekly! For what it's worth, Nitrogen, cos it's a larger molecule than an Oxygen molecule, will take longer to bleed out & lose less pressure over time.

So if you set your tires to similar pressures a few weeks ago & since then they've all been subject to the same temperature variations without any riding, there's a good chance they'll all show a similar reduction in pressure now. No biggie, cos you always check them before you ride anyway, don't you....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

So with the FOBO removed from the tire and laying on the ground it is reading .2 pounds of pressure and the alarm is going off is normal? And they all are doing the same thing? I normally dont have tire pressure fluctuations at all while the tires are in the garage in the summer time. Winter time, maybe a little.
    Last edited by AY4B; 08-15-2017 at 07:26 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic