Spyder Garage

Default Anyone purchased a Stinger spyder trailer? After buying info...

Stinger spyder trailer advertised here, has anyone purchased one, don't see any dealers in the US so did they ship it to you or did you go to Canada to pick it up, any and all information about the trailer would be appreciated

Spyder Garage

I used a stinger to haul my motorcycle never let me down. used to be made in USA. traveled at 75 mph up and down east coast. Trailer comes with bearing Buddy to make easy to grease bearings. probably put 25000 miles on without problem. If i had a place to keep a full size trailer i would not buy a Stinger.

Spyder Garage

I bought a Stinger from a friend. I have no idea where he bought it. I got the impression he had to go get it.

I've used it about 4 times now. Easy to load and unload the bike. Great to store all folded up against the back wall of the garage.

Not great for folding and unfolding. I can carefully unfold it by myself, but can't fold it up alone.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MAINRIDER View Post
    Stinger spyder trailer advertised here, has anyone purchased one, don't see any dealers in the US so did they ship it to you or did you go to Canada to pick it up, any and all information about the trailer would be appreciated
    Dealers in the US, per the web site on our home page. https://stingertrailer.com/dealers-usa/

Way old post buy just an fyi.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Dealers in the US, per the web site on our home page. https://stingertrailer.com/dealers-usa/

Way old post buy just an fyi.
    A very interesting trailer, but not exactly cheap and unfortunately not available in Germany. What I find most ingenious is that it can be converted to very compact dimensions. Unfortunately, as I said, not available in Germany and the next uncertain point would then be the technical approval. Unfortunately, they are very strict about this, so most aftermarket accessories are "illegal" to use here. In the event of an accident, the insurance cover will probably expire.
    2022 RT Limited MY 2022 , Deep Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Too much money even here in Canada
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-08-2023 at 05:29 PM. Reason: To - Too ;-)
    2019 F3 Limited Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ClayJ View Post
    I bought a Stinger from a friend. I have no idea where he bought it. I got the impression he had to go get it.

I've used it about 4 times now. Easy to load and unload the bike. Great to store all folded up against the back wall of the garage.

Not great for folding and unfolding. I can carefully unfold it by myself, but can't fold it up alone.
    I saw a YouTube video where some fella rigged up a winch in his garage to handle the heavy lifting of folding it for him.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I saw a YouTube video where some fella rigged up a winch in his garage to handle the heavy lifting of folding it for him.
    I've watched all the stinger trailer videos I can find and never seen that. Could you post a link or a hint about what the video title was?

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ClayJ View Post
    I've watched all the stinger trailer videos I can find and never seen that. Could you post a link or a hint about what the video title was?
    Here you go ClayJ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQYCYLQWMv8
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just a thought from my experience. I bought an Aluma brand trailer from a very nice gentleman on this site. It had super chocks mounted on the front of it and a loading ramp on the back of it. It only needs two tie downs to hold the Spyder securely. It is all aluminum so it's impervious to the weather and can be parked outside year around. It can carry my Spyder; a washer and a dryer; or whatever; and my son borrows it in the winter to haul his snowmobile. It's a strong little multi use trailer.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-14-2023 at 07:43 PM. Reason: chalks- chocks ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    No wonder I couldn't find it, it's unlisted. Thanks for the link.

I don't think I'd spend $500 on that winch just for the trailer, but I might spend $50 for a harbor freight trailer winch. I'd mount it to a receiver and put a pulley on the ceiling.

As for a multi use trailer, I would love to have one but have nowhere to store it so this is my best option. It surprised me just how little floor space it needs when folded up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can get a 6'x10' aluminum trailer with a folding tongue and a bi-folding ramp that would stand up flat against a garage wall. Providing you had a 10' ceiling. Just a thought. I seriously looked at a stinger but it seemed to be just too flimsy for me. JMHO
    Last edited by 2dogs; 03-15-2023 at 03:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Stinger Trailer

Looking at buying a trailer for hauling my F3.
    Has anyone here bought the Stynger trailer?
    If so what are your thoughts?
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

2021 Spyder F3-S Special Series
    ————————————————-
    Monster Fuel Injection Stage II
    K&N Air Filter
    Lamonster Cat Delete Pipe with Baffle
    Akrapovic Sinister Exhaust
    Ultimate Floorboards
    Baja Ron’s Anti-Sway Bar Kit
    Elka Shocks Stage 3 Front, Stage 4 Rear
    F4 Customs 32” Windshield
    Pedal Commander
    FOBO 2 TPMS
    Lamonster F3 Brake Rod
    Shad SH36 Side Cases
    Crampbuster

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RobDekker View Post
    My trailer is a couple years old and works different from the video shown. I don't have the 4 tie downs on my trailer that he shows, and my tongue jack is the generic style you buy from any autoparts store that bolts to a rectangular tongue, so it won't just unpin from the frame.

When I tie down my spyder, I take the ratchet strap and wrap it through the front wheel and around the front stop plate. Think of it like ziptie-ing the front wheels to the stop. Then I do the same with the rear wheel.

I have a 2019 which has a much lower nose than the model shown in the video. I think the ratchet strap would rub on the tupperware if I tried to strap the way he did.

I also don't trust those hooks on the end of ratchet straps. I've had too many times where a hard bump in the road caused enough compression to relax the straps and let those hooks fall out. I either use a velcro strap to secure the hooks in place, or use a threaded caribiner to attach the ends so they can't fall loose.

Also note that unfolding and folding the trailer is a 2 adult chore. Ignoring the video above where the guy uses a winch, you need another strong adult to help you safely manipulate the folding feature of the trailer.

I have unfolded the trailer by myself several times, but it's sketchy and I'd much rather have help. I don't think there's any way I (me) could fold the trailer up alone.