Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SIRIUS XM RADIO ...INSTAL - PART #2

Sooo, instead of drilling a new large hole for the antennae plug, I took out the MP-3 Aux connector ( which was already in the glove box ) ...made an indentation in the hole with my Dremel for the antennae cord , put the Aux. connector back in, put all the Tupperware back on ...... took the Spyder out so the Antennae could see a satellite ..... attached the power coed and plugged it in ..... switched the radio to Aux. turned the XM on and WOW ... This freakin thing ROCKS .......apparently Sirius is broadcasting FREE signals until May 30th .... So even tho I didn't subscribe I was getting a signal ..... I don't know how I lived without this ... I thought my stereo could play loud before .....well now I know what LOUD and CLEAR is all about. I'm afraid to go to max , I'm sure my JBL's can handle it , but I think the neighbors will Riot ...... I'm thinking about turning the Antennae around and using Velcro to attach it to back of the passengers seatback, just for ease of maintenance and because they are both Black it will be less noticeable ...... going for a short ride before it Rains ........ PS - Sirius is offering a deal $ 50.00 for 6 mos. - for an " all access " subscription ... call 1-844-711-8800 & ask for the $50 deal ....... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That is OUtstanding!.jpg

Now you just need to figure out how to post some pictures of your installation!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

don't know what kind of tunes you are into, but try channel 16
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Or Channel 6: the 60's...

Spyder Garage

Default SIRIUS

Channel # 5 ( the 50's baby )........... Rock & Roll is here to stay ...... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How'd you ever live so long; to get so old??

Spyder Garage

Default OLD

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    How'd you ever live so long; to get so old??
    My Doctor wonders about this also ........... I've been smoking since I was 9 ....... and drinking since 13 ....... I DO NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE EITHER ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you quit all of those "Vice-like Habits"; you could probably last until you were 192...

But where's the fun in that?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 05-25-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Sooo, instead of drilling a new large hole for the antennae plug, I took out the MP-3 Aux connector ( which was already in the glove box ) ...made an indentation in the hole with my Dremel for the antennae cord , put the Aux. connector back in, put all the Tupperware back on ...... took the Spyder out so the Antennae could see a satellite ..... attached the power coed and plugged it in ..... switched the radio to Aux. turned the XM on and WOW ... This freakin thing ROCKS .......apparently Sirius is broadcasting FREE signals until May 30th .... So even tho I didn't subscribe I was getting a signal ..... I don't know how I lived without this ... I thought my stereo could play loud before .....well now I know what LOUD and CLEAR is all about. I'm afraid to go to max , I'm sure my JBL's can handle it , but I think the neighbors will Riot ...... I'm thinking about turning the Antennae around and using Velcro to attach it to back of the passengers seatback, just for ease of maintenance and because they are both Black it will be less noticeable ...... going for a short ride before it Rains ........ PS - Sirius is offering a deal $ 50.00 for 6 mos. - for an " all access " subscription ... call 1-844-711-8800 & ask for the $50 deal ....... Mike
    Here's where I attached my antenna. Works great and only time I have any problems isantenna.jpg in really heavy tree cover.
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have the XM app on my phone. Unlimited data so no issue there. Through either my speakers or bluetooth headset.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Default ANTENNAE

Quote Originally Posted by jroberts650 View Post
    Here's where I attached my antenna. Works great and only time I have any problems isantenna.jpg in really heavy tree cover.
    That's where I put mine first ...... now it's on the passenger backrest ..... ease of maintenance , and the wire doesn't move now ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

This is how I did mine.
    Serius mount 1.jpgSirius mount 2.jpg

no drilling, no holes radio right to hand to change channel. I love my satellite radio. #s 5, 6, 148, 143, and radio classics,Bluegrass junction and vinyl classics, lite classics
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 05-25-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

They run these free previews on a fairly regular basis.

Favorite channels for me are 72 (On Broadway,) 25 (Classic Rewind 70's & 80's classic rock), 26 (Classic Vinyl 60's & 70's classic rock,) 27 (Deep Tracks,) 36 (Alt Nation, new alternative rock) an sometimes the jazz, country, or classical channels (my music tastes are all over the place.)

And of course 133 (NYC traffic and weather) is a necessity for my daily commute and 125 (Patriot) for news. I've been a subscriber for probably 15 years.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

26, 27, 38...
    88, 90, 114

Last edited by Bob Denman; 05-26-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Spyder Garage

Mike,
    Try calling sirius back,I got 6 months unlimited access for 30.00.just cancel or suspend before the 6 months is up or they bill you full price,yes sirius rocks.

Spyder Garage

I have subscribed for a couple of years now. I have one portable head and 4 docking stations. I can move the radio head from vehicle to vehicle and get by with only one subscription and still listen to Sirius in all of my vehicles. BTW, it took me only a few minutes to install in the Spyder. The entire unit, including antenna are inside the rear boot behind the passenger seat. I have no problems with the antenna "seeing" through the plastic cover. The down side is I cannot change channels while riding. That needs to be done at a fuel or butt break. Another good feature is the power plug in the boot powers up and down with the ignition key so there is no need to power down the radio separately from the rest of the bike.

Spyder Garage

Default XM RADIO

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I have subscribed for a couple of years now. I have one portable head and 4 docking stations. I can move the radio head from vehicle to vehicle and get by with only one subscription and still listen to Sirius in all of my vehicles. BTW, it took me only a few minutes to install in the Spyder. The entire unit, including antenna are inside the rear boot behind the passenger seat. I have no problems with the antenna "seeing" through the plastic cover. The down side is I cannot change channels while riding. That needs to be done at a fuel or butt break. Another good feature is the power plug in the boot powers up and down with the ignition key so there is no need to power down the radio separately from the rest of the bike.
    Thanks ...... as stated above - because my Aux. jack ( & Sirius ) is now in the glove box I could switch stations from the seat. Probably won't but ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Channel 52....if you dare!

Spyder Garage

I hope your didn't the full monthly subscription!
    I've had Xm radio in my truck since 2005. Never paid full price... search Fatwallet.com... you'll find a thread for 50% off (more like 40% now...) Xmradio.

I added the second Xm radio to my Spyder RT-S with a 6month subscription for $30 i think... I only ride 6 months anyways due to new england weather.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.