Spyder Garage

Default Starting issue? (as in nada, nothing, all quiet)

A few times I have had a starting issue. Not starting; nothing, quiet when I hit the starter button. Shut down, re-try; same issue.
    What seems to work is putitng the bike into Neutral, then it will start. All last year it was fine when starting in 1st, with the clutch pulled in.

Anyone else have this? What is the cause?
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Right after I bought it I did. I was pushing the mode button on the dash. Now I use the one on the handlebar and I barely touch it - just push it real fast.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you may have a bad clutch switch.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Sounds like you may have a bad clutch switch.
    -Scotty
    Kickstand switch?

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We had to replace a DESS module and ignition switch on a Spyder that wouldn't start. One way to tell if it is the DESS the unit needs to be hooked up to the dealer BUDS diagnostic software. The DESS functions through the shutoff switch. On the monitoring screen The tech will need to toggle the handle bar cut off switch. If the light does not toggle with the switch the DESS is likely the problem. The tech can also go to the key program function. If the Spyder will not recognize the master key the DESS is the problem.
    Quality, Service, Price. Choose two.

Spyder Garage

I've noticed that the first start of the day is fine. Subsequent attempts it will not start unless I put it in Neutral. Not sure what gets "reset" between last start of the day and the next successful start.

I've had the Spyder nearly 1 year now. This just started.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Have you tried pulling in the clutch and stepping on the brake? On the SE5 it will only start in gear of the brake is pressed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
    ... On the SE5 it will only start in gear of the brake is pressed.
    If he's had it a year, it's not an SE.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder: