Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIRIUS XM RADIO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Behind the 25" screen: no problem with hearing it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Xm radio

.......... Well it arrived with the noon mail ..... I read the info .... the unit is very small .... however you MUST put it in the DOCK to get it to work .... and that's 3 x's as big .......... even so it will fit nicely in the glove box and I can read it ......... I'm thinking of running the Antennae wire out thru the top of the box ( inside ) and then up in the plastic handlebar cavity ( RT ) .... I made a slide on metal clip for the handelbars that I never used .... so I think I can use it for the antennae because it has a magnetic base and will stick........ according the Sirius to get the best reception the antennae should face up and be un-obstructed ..... It's also weather proof ............ Mike

Spyder Garage

I hope your didn't the full monthly subscription!
    I've had Xm radio in my truck since 2005. Never paid full price... search Fatwallet.com... you'll find a thread for 50% off (more like 40% now...) Xmradio.

I added the second Xm radio to my Spyder RT-S with a 6month subscription for $30 i think... I only ride 6 months anyways due to new england weather.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Ok I just installed mine . Stratus 7. and it was easy installation BUT, if i put the antenna inside the top case I get 0 reception. I have to move it close to the antenna to get it working at all.. Help?
    Lamonster Bumpskid
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Tricled LED Backup light
    Tricled LED Headlight
    Lordco LED Signal Light
    Jurock Windshield
    Sirius XM Satellite Radio

Spyder Garage

Default xm

wow all these problems and all this money. As part of Sirius package I have XM on my cell phone Blue tooth to Sena and boom XM in my helmet or $12 for Bluetooth receiver plugged into 3.5 mm cord on spyder boom xm in my speakers. Cell phone mount on handle bars and I can control music and use google maps as GPS life is good
    Paul

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    I also have the xm/sirrus unit I use the fm modulator and tune it to the radio as the output is louder then using the aux mode my advise is use the fm modulator and skip the aux mode I also just lay the ant on top of the psgr back rest seems like if you keep it inside the trunk you lose reception a lot more. I've used the aux mode in the beginning and I also ran a inline amp to see if that would help did some but not enough plus the amp was battery pwr wouldn't last long had to turn it off to charge it. j.m.o.
    Using the fm modulator is a big pain in city's you are always having to find an open frequency outerwise your xm is getting stomped on and there is few unused channels so you are constantly searching,I would always plug in direct if it's an option
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Default Sirius XM streamed through Garmin 590

I have a Sirius XM subscription for my car. I pay an extra $4.00 per month for streaming so I can stream SiriusXM on my computer at work. I can also stream SiriusXM on my phone using the Sirius app. What I did not know, until recently, is that I can stream Sirius from my phone via bluetooth, to my Garmin 590 on my Spyder. From the Garmin, I can use Aux on the Spyder radio, and play Sirius through the Spyder's radio. Works great! Yes, the streaming does use data on my cell phone, but it is appears to be very minimal. I hold my phone with a Lamonster handlebar mount and X-grip.

Gunner
    Last edited by Gunner3773; 07-04-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Sirius vehicle docking station is in my rear top boot.....where all the electrical connections are. I mounted the antenna outside the lid on the surface just opposite the radio antenna.....the left side of the bike. The lid just closed on the small antenna wire with no problems. Only drawback is I have to stop to change stations. But that is what butt breaks are for.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Sirius vehicle docking station is in my rear top boot.....where all the electrical connections are. I mounted the antenna outside the lid on the surface just opposite the radio antenna.....the left side of the bike. The lid just closed on the small antenna wire with no problems. Only drawback is I have to stop to change stations. But that is what butt breaks are for.
    I have same setup as Jim, and only issue is as he said, you have to stop to change station. Reception is quite good with antenna mounted this way.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    I have same setup as Jim, and only issue is as he said, you have to stop to change station. Reception is quite good with antenna mounted this way.
    I also have the same setup, except I moved my antenna from the top of the passenger backrest to inside the top case, and did NOT notice any decrease in reception. My antenna is now on the top bracket assembly that is right behind the passenger backrest and is sitting on an approximate 45* angle to perpendicular. Great reception.
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well I finally pulled the plug and ordered an OYNX EZ Sat Radio Receiver with Veh Kit .... should arrive Sat. .... and will be installed Sat. ................Mike .................Edit - actually might arrive Thurs.
    Has anyone done a vid or instructions of how and where to install this. Kind of a novice to the Spyder RT 2011 and not sure where to wire and mount all of this. Any feed back is appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flyinhgh View Post
    Has anyone done a vid or instructions of how and where to install this. Kind of a novice to the Spyder RT 2011 and not sure where to wire and mount all of this. Any feed back is appreciated.
    I have Pics of what I did ..... look in my albums .....if you click on the pic it will get much larger and include a verbal explanation ...... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    I've had Xm radio in my truck since 2005. Never paid full price... search Fatwallet.com... you'll find a thread for 50% off (more like 40% now...) Xmradio.
    Are they still around ?

Spyder Garage

yes just check ebay. But if you have a smart phone you can get the app on that and blue tooth it into your helmet.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I have a 2018 RT Limited. BRP has one listed for 2010-2017. Will the one mentioned from Best Buy go on mine? I’m talking about a satellite radio!

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    mount the receiver in your top trunk...
    hook it into the 12 volt receptacle for power
    (CAUTION: make sure that this is only powered when the key is on...)
    mount your antenna up under the lid at the top of the box...
    Take the MP-3 player cord, and plug it into the speaker output port on the receiver. Plug your cord into BRP's stereo plug in the trunk!

That’s the way I installed mine. Just mount it this way, turn it on, and start riding. Works perfectly, and.......I have the lifetime package....no monthly or yearly reminders, mind you I’ve had mine for a goodly number of years. Plus, I can move it into my car.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Hi trikemutha,
    I have a subscription to sirius (built in radio - 2017 RtL). What I do is take it by the month and then phone sirius and put a suspension on it for 6mos. while I store my bike for the winter. It reactivates just in time for the riding season. Usually???? April to end of Oct. If I ride a little sooner or a little later I'm not too worried about not having the radio for a few rides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well I finally pulled the plug and ordered an OYNX EZ Sat Radio Receiver with Veh Kit .... should arrive Sat. .... and will be installed Sat. ................Mike .................Edit - actually might arrive Thurs.
    How is the reception compared to the Shark radio's?
    D
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    mount the receiver in your top trunk...
    hook it into the 12 volt receptacle for power
    (CAUTION: make sure that this is only powered when the key is on...)
    mount your antenna up under the lid at the top of the box...
    Take the MP-3 player cord, and plug it into the speaker output port on the receiver. Plug your cord into BRP's stereo plug in the trunk!

Will the reception be good mounted in the Frunk of the F3's? I have the Sharp & I only use the USB with tunes loaded on it. My Fm reception is terrible.
    d
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Used one for three years and finally decided to stream XM via my iPhone.
    Results never looses connectivity and can change "channels" on the go.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    That’s the way I installed mine. Just mount it this way, turn it on, and start riding. Works perfectly, and.......I have the lifetime package....no monthly or yearly reminders, mind you I’ve had mine for a goodly number of years. Plus, I can move it into my car.
    See my post #37 above ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Will the reception be good mounted in the Frunk of the F3's? I have the Sharp & I only use the USB with tunes loaded on it. My Fm reception is terrible.
    d
    The " reception " is from the " Antennae " …. not the unit itself …… I have an RT, a friend who worked for Sirius said I would get better reception if I mounted the Antennae to a small metal plate ( normally it's the metal car roof ) so I did and the reception improved..... Also reception from Sirius varies according to your Latitude in relation to It's Satellite system ….. hope this helps ….. Mike