Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    This is just a thought. Find as many Spyder owners you can. Hopefully one or two of you will have some basic mechanical skills. Form a Co-Op to share the cost of the special equipment you will need, like a Budds System and a Rolo Laser alignment kit.

If some of you are on different islands, you can ship the equipment back and forth. As long as everyone works together and shares the cost, you should be able to be self-sustaining.

You also can save money for shipping maintenance parts like oil filters if you all order what you need at the same time from the same vendor. I'm sure Baja Ron will help you there.

You can get a lot of technical advice right here on this site.

Good luck.
    Perhaps some well-known knowledgeable and skilled SLs would take a vacation to Hawaii and do some alignments and maintenance for a group of Spyders there. They'd be able to write off the trip and you could all get some work done, stuff installed, etc at a big gathering. It could be a new rally, "Spyders in Paradise!"
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Perhaps some well-known knowledgeable and skilled SLs would take a vacation to Hawaii and do some alignments and maintenance for a group of Spyders there. They'd be able to write off the trip and you could all get some work done, stuff installed, etc at a big gathering. It could be a new rally, "Spyders in Paradise!"
    Now that's an interesting thing--but a logistics nightmare.

Shipping those tools and accessories would also be interesting.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I was told Power sports on Nimitz can do work. Not sure if they support free warranty work... This is Cadre,
    Ride 2012 RT.... Am new rider, if 3 days even counts as new, more like baby steps... Look me up if anyone wants to ride..I found another place that will work on my RT.. I need to provide shop manual, to insure all is done within specs...
    I enjoy to tinker with cars and motorcycles. To add am retired, I will take a crack at maintenance before having someone else work on my SPYDER... Look me up... Al
    2012 RTS SE5 , Spider Web Brake pedal Orbital blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CADRE View Post
    I was told Power sports on Nimitz can do work. Not sure if they support free warranty work... This is Cadre,
    Ride 2012 RT.... Am new rider, if 3 days even counts as new, more like baby steps... Look me up if anyone wants to ride..I found another place that will work on my RT.. I need to provide shop manual, to insure all is done within specs...
    I enjoy to tinker with cars and motorcycles. To add am retired, I will take a crack at maintenance before having someone else work on my SPYDER... Look me up... Al
    & Glad you found someone A paper copy of that manual will cost you BIG bucks ….. a computer download is around $30.00 ( on-line ) …. you should read the " do's and Do not's " on the home page …. lots of good info …… Mike

Spyder Garage

for those living in Hawaii, specifically Oahu, I called the number for Brian, I spoke with His GF or Wife...
    They run the Spyder rental place in Waikiki.... Brian takes appointments only, He works out of his garage..There is no store front and such... He does all work to include alignment.. He travels to the other islands as well...Like me and others in Hawaii, we do have a Spyder Guru to repair our bikes and conduct service.... As for me, I am ready to ride and meet the few who also ride here on Hawaii....

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike for the info, already pulled trigger for binder of knowledge... $62.00 shipping included... Guess I was lucky...
    I polished my Spyder, ready to take Her out for a Sunday ride... I enjoy riding it...

Spyder Garage

Be careful who you let put tools to your Spyder (or anything) in Hawaii. Anyone who can spell repair thinks they can. Research them first.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HIspyder View Post
    I believe they have a fleet of 2. They rent out other items as well.
    It's www.hawaiispyder.com and the lady that runs it is Mary DeMonteverde, a very nice lady who delivered our rental to our hotel for us last year. Suggest you contact Mary and see how she gets her Spyders serviced.

The only problem I had with my rental was that they had a really loud muffler and we didn't have our communicators, so it was really hard to talk to my wife while riding. Our rental was also a manual transmission model and that wasn't a problem for me but might be for some people.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Unless you have balance issues, or just plain love the handling of a Spyder, a 200cc scooter is all you could ever actually use on Oahu.
    It's not like you're ever going to go for an IronButt ride; you'd get dizzy.
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Sully View Post
    Unless you have balance issues, or just plain love the handling of a Spyder, a 200cc scooter is all you could ever actually use on Oahu.
    It's not like you're ever going to go for an IronButt ride; you'd get dizzy.
    I was based at a small Navy Radio station above Whitmore Village, near Schofield Barracks and had a car. Was a communicator and we worked like a firemen and had a lot of time off. I explored Oahu on those days off. Got Rock Fever in about two weeks. I was there in the 1950s before it was a state and before freeways and traffic - it was easy to get around. Those were good days there; you could still see the Pink Hotel from Kalakaua Street; the Pearl City Tavern and its famous Monkey Bar was a great place to go to; Gabby was live and singing; the Kau Kau Korner was da meet-up drive-in; Hotel Street still had its tawdry looks like it did in the WWII Mamie Stover days, the old timers told me. Now it's been gentrified. Good memories. Yes, I've been back several times and yes, it's very different. That's why my favorite island is Molokai - not one traffic light there.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Johnsimion, spoke with Klee at the Waikiki rental. Brian is the BF or husband... He does all the work.... Out of his garage.
    Including alignment..... Probably a good lawsuit two bikes they have have not met maintenance schedule....
    Brian and/or rental office are same #808 429-7423..... I called yesterday... Was going to stop this week, unfortunately I have unexpected eye surgery on Tuesday....