Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Just got to Oahu

I just got here from texas and I realized that there are no dealers here in Hawaii. But I have seen 3 spyder parked up at Scholfield Barracks in front of the pool so I'm not the only one on the island with a spyder.

Spyder Garage

Awwwww, yer just braggin' aren't you, you lucky, lucky dog Sent from the 40+ degree rainy depths of Minnesota IN MAY fer cryin out loud... Send me some SUN won't you please....
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow! Spyder's in paradise!!!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Last pick before shipment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148044
    Last edited by Convic80; 05-22-2017 at 03:21 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default enjoy your ryde!!!

I sold my red '08 SE5 to an individual in Ewa Beach before I PCS'd in 2014. At that time I didn't see any Spyders at Schofield except for mine. Saw a few here and there but could never really connect with anyone to ryde with. Sounds like Spyders are invading the islands!

Loved riding around the island but getting stuck on H1 during rush hour(s) sucked!!! Sometimes I'd have to go to TAMC for training/meetings and usually wouldn't get out until rush hour was in full swing. Heat was so intense in that slow moving parking lot known as H1 But on the good side I mainly was at Schofield and riding back and forth from Ewa Beach was relaxing and beautiful.

The motorcycle dealership near the airport always did right by me and was able to fix any problems/concerns I had. They're not a Spyder dealership but they did whatever necessary to keep me ride the smooth and safe.

Best of luck to you and enjoy your time there!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Amazing....

Well known that there are no dealers and rentals have faded away but exisited. It is an ideal place to ryde makes you wonder why not... but your there with a spyder what could be better...enjoy..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shansmow View Post
    I sold my red '08 SE5 to an individual in Ewa Beach before I PCS'd in 2014. At that time I didn't see any Spyders at Schofield except for mine. Saw a few here and there but could never really connect with anyone to ryde with. Sounds like Spyders are invading the islands!

Loved riding around the island but getting stuck on H1 during rush hour(s) sucked!!! Sometimes I'd have to go to TAMC for training/meetings and usually wouldn't get out until rush hour was in full swing. Heat was so intense in that slow moving parking lot known as H1 But on the good side I mainly was at Schofield and riding back and forth from Ewa Beach was relaxing and beautiful.

The motorcycle dealership near the airport always did right by me and was able to fix any problems/concerns I had. They're not a Spyder dealership but they did whatever necessary to keep me ride the smooth and safe.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure where I could take my spyder if I had any issues. Yea I cant wait till it gets here. Its still in the process of being shipped here with my household goods. Luckley I wont be riding that far because I will be in Shafter and living in AMR. Its like a 5 minute drive from work to my house Minus traffic. I don't know why there are not more spyders here. Its really an untapped market because there are tons of bikes here.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shansmow View Post

My F3
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HAWAII SPYDERS

Quote Originally Posted by Convic80 View Post
    I just got here from texas and I realized that there are no dealers here in Hawaii. But I have seen 3 spyder parked up at Scholfield Barracks in front of the pool so I'm not the only one on the island with a spyder.
    I can't remember His name ( HERE ) but a Spyderlover from Hawaii posts on this site every once in awhile........ Someone will chime in ....Bob ??????? who is this ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I can't remember His name ( HERE ) but a Spyderlover from Hawaii posts on this site every once in awhile........ Someone will chime in ....Bob ??????? who is this ....... Mike
    Not Bob here. HiSpyder is his name and he lives on Kauai.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

As a native Hawaiian I can tell you that Oahu, Ain,t paradise. Some of the other islands yes.

The Honolulu area may as well be LA or NY. The north shore area used to be good but I have not been there in 20 years so don't know anymore.

Spyder Garage

Default Montgomery Power Sports on Nimitz

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure where I could take my spyder if I had any issues. Yea I cant wait till it gets here. Its still in the process of being shipped here with my household goods. Luckley I wont be riding that far because I will be in Shafter and living in AMR. Its like a 5 minute drive from work to my house Minus traffic. I don't know why there are not more spyders here. Its really an untapped market because there are tons of bikes here.
    Montgomery Power Sports on Nimitz. They were great to work with.

It's good you're in AMR and working in Shafter...won't be too bad getting to/from work. But you'll need to drive that bad boy all over the island! If you go early in the morning on the weekend you can go west on H-1 all the way to the end. You'll hit some stop lights here and there but such a beautiful ride. And you'll be riding along the water most of the way. I met some wonderful people at the end of the road who shared their lunch with me. I took the mama for a ride and she loved it! And driving along H-3 to the north shore and Kaneohoe...magical. Driving down H-2 isn't so bad either.

Obviously I miss it.

Spyder Garage

Default No support for Spyder in Hawaii

Just picked up Spyder F3S in Washington and having it shipped to Honolulu. Decided to check with BRP as to Warranty and maintenance service for Spyder . Was informed that there is no support for Spyders in Hawaii and nearest service is in California.
    Requested any options as to service and Warranty work that could be performed in Hawaii. No response to date. (Also asked if they would cover shipping costs to California should Spyder need warranty work performed. Might be reason for delay in response.)

In retrospect, should have waited till I got response before pulling the trigger and releasing funds for purchase.
    Any ideas as to where I can get my Spyder serviced here in Hawaii?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WileyTweety View Post
    Just picked up Spyder F3S in Washington and having it shipped to Honolulu. Decided to check with BRP as to Warranty and maintenance service for Spyder . Was informed that there is no support for Spyders in Hawaii and nearest service is in California.
    Requested any options as to service and Warranty work that could be performed in Hawaii. No response to date. (Also asked if they would cover shipping costs to California should Spyder need warranty work performed. Might be reason for delay in response.)

In retrospect, should have waited till I got response before pulling the trigger and releasing funds for purchase.
    I'm sorry to say, I can't help with your question about Spyder ownership in Hawaii. But on your new Spyder and to this great site for all things Spyder.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to Hawaii. There is a Harley Davidson dealer where I got my F3 inspected. Also I heard that South Sea Cycles will service Can Am Spyders. There are Currently about 9 spyders on island that I have heard of.

Spyder Garage

Default BRP response

This is response I got back from BRP regarding warranty service on Spyder. Not much help offered. Wish I knew this before purchasing bike. Will check out Montgomery Motors and South Seas when bike arrives. Lucky I bought prior bikes from them (Harley and Honda) so it might help to get bike serviced.

Hello

Thank you for contacting brp with your reply.

I'm sorry to say that we have no dealerships in Hawaii and that we would not be able to assist with any transportation costs should you need to bring the unit back to a dealership in California for service.

Should you have any other questions or comments, do not hesitate to reach us by replying to this email or call us at T + 888.272.9222.

Once again, thank you for contacting BRP.

Georges
    Customer Service Representative

--------------- Original Message ---------------
    Sent: 7/31/2017 2:54 PM
    To: e2case@brp.com
    Subject: Re: BRP - Dealer Locator (Case#977721) [ ]

Tried calling but wait time was over 10 minutes.
    If there are no technicians to service my Spyder and the closest is in California, will Can Am pay for shipping if warranty work is needed? Can work be done on Spyder at local BRPDealer for Sea Doo?

Are there any options you might suggest for servicing and maintenance for Spyder here in Hawaii? Shipping bike between Hawaii and California would be too costly.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by WileyTweety; 10-14-2017 at 04:06 AM.

Spyder Garage

Not what you were wanting to hear, but I cannot fault BRP on their reply. Surprising, there is not at least one dealer on Oahu--the most populated island, but the locals don't want to invest a lot of money for a small return.

I was one of the lucky ones that did a rental back in the day and did the Hana Highway on Maui.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This is response I got back from BRP regarding warranty service on Spyder. Not much help offered. Wish I knew this before purchasing bike. Will check out Montgomery Motors and South Seas when bike arrives. Lucky I bought prior bikes from them (Harley and Honda) so it might help to get bike serviced.

Hello Mr. Loo,

I'm sorry to say that we have no dealerships in Hawaii and that we would not be able to assist with any transportation costs should you need to bring the unit back to a dealership in California for service.

Should you have any other questions or comments, do not hesitate to reach us by replying to this email or call us at T + 888.272.9222.

Georges

If there are no technicians to service my Spyder and the closest is in California, will Can Am pay for shipping if warranty work is needed? Can work be done on Spyder at local BRPDealer for Sea Doo?

Are there any options you might suggest for servicing and maintenance for Spyder here in Hawaii? Shipping bike between Hawaii and California would be too costly.

Sent from my iPhone

Spyder are extremely loo maintenance so your not gona need any service for a while. Montgomery, South city cycles, or Harley Davidson should be able to help out.

Spyder Garage

My F3
    Well damn! I can't say I have the only F3 in Hawaii anymore! Shipped mine to Kauai Sept. of 2015 and no issues so far.

Perhaps I'll ship the F3 over one day and we can ryde...
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Spyder Garage

Hello Mr. Loo,

Georges

Sent from my iPhone

I knew this going in when I shipped my F3 to Kauai in Sept. of 2015. No issues so far and feel I can handle problems since I was a Nissan mechanic for over 15 years before getting into IT.

There's simply not enough demand in Hawaii so I'm not hopeful there will ever be a Spyder dealer out here.

Spyder Garage

So now we have at least 3 F3's in Hawaii! 1 on Kauai and 2 on Oahu.

Any more that you know of?

Spyder Garage

Default Suggest a Co-Op

This is just a thought. Find as many Spyder owners you can. Hopefully one or two of you will have some basic mechanical skills. Form a Co-Op to share the cost of the special equipment you will need, like a Budds System and a Rolo Laser alignment kit.

If some of you are on different islands, you can ship the equipment back and forth. As long as everyone works together and shares the cost, you should be able to be self-sustaining.

You also can save money for shipping maintenance parts like oil filters if you all order what you need at the same time from the same vendor. I'm sure Baja Ron will help you there.

You can get a lot of technical advice right here on this site.

Good luck.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

I see that there is a company that rents Spyders in Waikiki. I wonder if they might have some ideas about maintenance. After all, they have a fleet to maintain.
    ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
    2012 Spyder RS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCity45 View Post
    I see that there is a company that rents Spyders in Waikiki. I wonder if they might have some ideas about maintenance. After all, they have a fleet to maintain.

That will be an interesting situation. The rental agency in Maui did not have Buds or any technical help from BRP. They rented other "scooters" so am guessing real maintenance was bypassed. Am thinking that service amounted to oil changes.

The rental we had ran pretty clunky, the foot parking brake was non-operational. It was obviously "well used." I did not consider it unsafe, but most of the time we were going 20 mph (Hana Highway).

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCity45 View Post
    I believe they have a fleet of 2. They rent out other items as well.