Spyder Garage

Default Fuel gauge indicator not stable

Good morning ,

I bought a Spyder 2010 RT with A/C group which i bought last year. I noticed that the fuel gauge indicator needle keep bouncing when i am riding. I have heard that the gauge is not reliable as far as accuracy but did anyone heard if this was a problem that BRP fixed by introducing a new fuel gauge. I just don't want to buy another one and have the same problem.
    DenisC

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup! The older gauges were very prone to bouncing around...
    Your best bet is to simply ignore the gauge: it was never that accurate anyway!
    Ride by your trip odometer: find a safe mileage that you can cover on a tankful (leaving some room for variance!), and don't exceed that distance without finding fuel.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Yup! The older gauges were very prone to bouncing around...
    Your best bet is to simply ignore the gauge: it was never that accurate anyway!
    Ride by your trip odometer: find a safe mileage that you can cover on a tankful (leaving some room for variance!), and don't exceed that distance without finding fuel.

Thanks Bob, that is what I have been doing, just to be on the save side.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oddly enough: my 2010 RT A&C actually had a gauge that wasn't bouncing...
    But when I was bringing the bike up to RT-S specifications; I replaced those analog gauges with some that had chrome trim-work around them...
    That's when the bouncing started; and the relying on an accurate gauge stopped!

Spyder Garage

I already answered in the other thread you put up on this?!?

Why put up TWO threads asking the same thing??
    It doesn't get you an answer any quicker; it doesn't even get you a 'better' answer in the long run.... but it does stand a very good chance of really annoying anyone else trying to search for the answer later on & maybe also those who've answered in one thread that you've potentially subsequently insulted & snubbed by posting the same question again, as if their response wasn't even worth considering; and it probably even increases the likelihood of getting the wrong answer or at least distorting/confusing the correct response because neither thread will get ALL the discussion!!

I'll happily repost my answer from the other thread here in this thread if you decide to delete the other one Denis, & I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who'd really appreciate you doing just that?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-21-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default A/C ?

Wow spyder with A/C. I could of used that last August.
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WellsboroSpyder View Post
    It was aREALLY cool bike...

Spyder Garage

lets face it, most of us that ride are also unstable also
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

It doesn't get you an answer any quicker; it doesn't even get you a 'better' answer in the long run.... but it does stand a very good chance of really annoying anyone else trying to search for the answer later on & maybe also those who've answered in one thread that you've potentially subsequently insulted & snubbed by posting the same question again, as if their response wasn't even worth considering; and it probably even increases the likelihood of getting the wrong answer or at least distorting/confusing the correct response because neither thread will get ALL the discussion!!

I'll happily repost my answer from the other thread here in this thread if you decide to delete the other one Denis, & I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who'd really appreciate you doing just that?
    Hi Peter, I appreciate the comment and do apologize if the 2 treads are confusing. I am new at posting in forums and I didn't know that if I posted a tread in this forum and the same in the Canada forum group , they would both show up for everyone to see. I guess it is a learning curve. Thanks for letting me know. I will delete the second one. Cheers.

Spyder Garage

Smile digital fix for fuel and temp problems

Easy fix...... all you have to do is remove the four screws holding your digital dash. Then remove the wires from the temp and gas gauges and start up your bike and the digital panel will display your gas and temp, and believe me it is accurate.....

Spyder Garage

Default Double threads....

Problem is not always the posters fault...accutally don't know if it is explained or not...but if you post to any forum it will appear in the general forum. Then you post to the general thinking you post will only appear in the specific forum in again appears in the general forum. So if they want to post to the RT forum then they should only post there. It will appear in the general as well and eventually reside in the RT form. If one checks on the far right you can see what forum it is posted to....I just answer one and sometimes explain it and recommend they delete one...

Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Faulty guages....

Many have just eliminated the analog guages altogether. Once you disconnect them you will get the same temp and fuel on the digital screen. Then you can use the connections for power sources, other guages like battery condition, clocks, pressure etc...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Snickers.jpg

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WellsboroSpyder View Post
    Audio and Convenience pkg...but...I am guessing you already know that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DenisC View Post
    Good morning ,

I bought a Spyder 2010 RT with A/C group which i bought last year. I noticed that the fuel gauge indicator needle keep bouncing when i am riding. I have heard that the gauge is not reliable as far as accuracy but did anyone heard if this was a problem that BRP fixed by introducing a new fuel gauge. I just don't want to buy another one and have the same problem.
    DenisC
    A common problem on both 2010 and 2011 RT that I know of. Happened on both of mine. Three gauges under warranty on the 2010--still the same issue.

I disconnected the gauges on both machines and let the digital display take over. No further issues. The 2014 gauges are rock solid. Guess they solved the problem in the interim. The instructions posted above give directions for the easy fix. IMO.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default gas gauge

my 2010 did the sqame thing. brought it in-dealer did something- worked flawlessly after that. either there is a fix or i got lucky.

Spyder Garage

There was a software update to.the 2010 and 2011 RT's that somewhat helped. Did not cure the problem.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrover View Post
    Easy fix...... all you have to do is remove the four screws holding your digital dash. Then remove the wires from the temp and gas gauges and start up your bike and the digital panel will display your gas and temp, and believe me it is accurate.....
    Did that on my bike and it works great
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by unclet View Post
    my 2010 did the sqame thing. brought it in-dealer did something- worked flawlessly after that. either there is a fix or i got lucky.
    I am betting on lucky.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Guages

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrover View Post
    Are there other gauges that can be had from BRP or other sources, like a voltmeter, that can be placed in the opening for the inaccurate gas gauge?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The analog gauges can be removed, and the needed information will automatically display in the Main Screen.