Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default for those so inclined

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    And they seem to fit for both the rider and passenger positions equally-well!
    The Missus sits on one of them... I just snuggle down into the sheepskin seat cover...

But I DO think that they should offer a "Whoopie Cushion" option!
    Personally not my thing, but, I wasn't surprised to learn of: https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Sp.../dp/B00NZF8GTE
    coming from the wild side of the two wheeled world.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rudym View Post
    Personally not my thing, but, I wasn't surprised to learn of: https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Sp.../dp/B00NZF8GTE
    coming from the wild side of the two wheeled world.

Too funny!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Uticat View Post
    Still looking for size recommendations for the "R" cushion on a 2015 RT factory seat. They list a small and a large, 11x11 or 14x14. Any photos would be appreciated.
    Just got the large "R" , it fits perfectly on the front and back of the stock seat on my Rt-s

First ride was interesting, I thought I had to much air in it, I was rolling over the top of it, almost let all the air out, it was much better. Seems like you want to run very little air in it .

Ordered it thru Walmart.com for great pricing, will see how this works, then buy another so we have both seats covered

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    First ride was interesting, I thought I had to much air in it, I was rolling over the top of it, almost let all the air out, it was much better. Seems like you want to run very little air in it .
    Yep, that's exactly right, Kredab. Several others have posted earlier in the thread about the need to run it with minimal air. That effectively makes it operate like a poor man's Russell Daylong, where the seat wings curve up to support the outer thighs. With all your centre weight on the Airhawk, that forces any remaining air out and up providing that same outer thigh support....that's the way it was described to me by the Aussie distributor.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I have a Corbin Lamonster cut and the Airhawk is like a custom match for it. The Lamonster has extra padding scooped out and the Airhawk fills in the gap. Tip: criss-cross the straps under the seat to give a better fit, also let the valve stem stick out the side and over inflate it. sit on it and slowly let the air out till it feels right. I also love the way the air re-distributes when you lean to aid in your twistie madness.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default go purple

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Have had the Airhawk for 3 years, can't imagine riding without it. And, as mentioned before, you sit in it, not on ​it.

my old tail bone
    2012 , java

Spyder Garage

I installed the Airhawk R today, and it cures the monkey butt as advertised. But I like to drive my F3 Limited to the limits, and I am finding the Airhawk very instable, and it gives a rollover slide at inconvenient points in the turn. Am I doing something wrong? The raised center of gravity is also noticeable. I did not run it full but not flat either... I feel like less air would make it even more prone to movement. There is just a lot of ways for the top surface to move over the inner surface which can move relative to the bottom surface touching the seat. It really makes me lose all confidence in turns, like I am losing road feel, and the mid-turn shift can really give the machine a jossle. I am 5'10" 200 lbs. by the way, not the lightest or the heaviest with average length limbs. Otherwise the Airhawk delivers to correct the seat position and long term comfort

Spyder Garage

Use a medium cruiser Airhawk. Site in it, inflate then adjust while on it!

Spyder Garage

You have too much air if you get a rollover feeling
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

As bmwlarry says, they need to be run with minimal air pressure. The Airhawk works along the principles of Russel Daylong, where the raised wing on the side of the seat supports the outer thigh. Your bottom should be effectively touching the seat, which squeezes the air in the airhawk out to the sides, thus supporting your outer thighs. That’s the Daylong principle also for longer term comfort.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone, I had read this thread but somehow missed the key post about this... I was running with low air, but I can see that it should be even lower. I will try that today and if not, MotorcycleDave's I think would work for me. The idea of the medium is intriguing too, if I have a small butt