Spyder Garage

Default Non-BRP GPS mount for tri-axis handlebars

I had my handlebars changed out today, and I didn't feel like spending another $200 on their GPS mount when I only need the support. I think I can come up with another solution for owners who already have the standard BRP GPS mount.

The support is a really simple piece that could be 3D printed. I'm waiting on delivery of my new printer, but it will be a while. In the meantime, I can draw the support. Once I get the printer, I can start printing with carbon-reinforced material.

Another possibility is to install a RAM ball in the hole for the screw that secures the support. I'll experiment a bit and see how that works.

If anyone has the official mount and wouldn't mind posting some close-up pics with a ruler for scale, it would be really helpful.
    Myron Wooley

USMC 1975 - 1979

2nd Spyder: Pearl White 2016 Spyder RT Limited, purchased December 18, 2016 with 1 mile
    First Spyder: Pearl White 2012 Spyder RT Limited, gone to a good home

Spyder Garage

I went the ram ball route and it works great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    I went the ram ball route and it works great.
    That's great! Did you have to modify the ball at all, or is there a ball with screw threads that are the right size and length?

You just saved me so much time!
    Myron Wooley

USMC 1975 - 1979

2nd Spyder: Pearl White 2016 Spyder RT Limited, purchased December 18, 2016 with 1 mile

Spyder Garage

Default Love my new handlebars!

I got my Spyder back on Friday after the first service and handlebar change. What a difference. Instead of being hunched over and having to really stretch out my arms in turns, I can sit upright and steer with much less contortion than before. My wrists are in a neutral position and not cocked out of alignment, and that has eased the strain on the joints that was causing a lot of discomfort.

I ordered a 1" RAM ball with M6 threads. Much less expensive than the BRP GPS support.
    Myron Wooley

USMC 1975 - 1979

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy6Guns View Post
    That's great! Did you have to modify the ball at all, or is there a ball with screw threads that are the right size and length?

You just saved me so much time!

Sorry for the delayed response, I just saw you asked a question. I guess it's too late and you have found it already. The tri axis bars sure are nice, it makes long rides so much more enjoyable. Enjoy it and ride safe.