Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Those going to Quebec, be sure to order "Putin" or "Puteen" whatever they call it. It is not healthy, but it is sooooooo good. French fries, sprinkled with squeaky cheese curds and covered in brown gravy, a local dish served hot and accessorized with a coupon for a Ryde to the local ER.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    Those going to Quebec, be sure to order "Putin" or "Puteen" whatever they call it. It is not healthy, but it is sooooooo good. French fries, sprinkled with squeaky cheese curds and covered in brown gravy, a local dish served hot and accessorized with a coupon for a Ryde to the local ER.

Joe

I thought you guys down there called them "Freedom Fries"

You are close, it is called Poutine and it is great. It can be made with curds (squeaky cheese) or shredded cheese depending on the place you get it from. There is a French word that is close in pronunciation, but means something totally different. If the woman slaps you, you will know that you pronounced it wrong.
    Last edited by bscrive; 05-20-2017 at 06:43 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    If someone has any sort of criminal past, especially if it was a violent crime, they will probably be denied entry into Canada. Same thing will happen if they have an attitude when talking to the border guard. They had better call Canadian Border Services to see if they can be admissible. Failing to do so is their own fault if they get turned back.

Going to another country is a privilege, not a right, regardless what anyone thinks. When we travel to the US, we know that we are let into your country by the grace of the border guard that we talk to. If for any reason they decide not to let us in then it would be too bad for us. Same for anyone coming to Canada.

Play by the rules and I hope to meet as many of you as I can.

Brian

I have no worries but this was my point. Among 3000 people I'm sure someone my need this information. Would hate to see my fellow spyder brothers or sisters turned away for something that comes up from past history. We have had the Spyder to Niagara Falls with no problems. Before our Spyder days we rode 4 wheelers and was able to cross In to Canada at Jackman Maine. What a blast and saw moose.
    Last edited by WellsboroSpyder; 05-19-2017 at 06:44 PM.
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Spyder Garage

Pretty simple, unless you are hunting, DON'T bring guns into Canada. Your second amendment rights don't apply here. Lived here all my life and never needed a gun. This is not meant as an argument, just a warning, it's not fun to be detained at the border, guns confiscated, sent home and then having to reappear on gun related charges. Even if you risk bringing a long gun it can't be loaded and ammo must be separated. We do have extradition with the U.S. so they can get you back here to face charges if these do happen.
    In all cases if you are bringing a rifle or shotgun into Canada it must be for hunting purposes and you must fill out an Application for an Authorization to Transport Restricted Firearms at the border and that will cost $50. If you can't prove you are going hunting you will be denied. You must also adhere to Storage, Display, Transportation and Handling of Firearms Regulations.
    Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by punji View Post
    Hey, all --

Wife and I will be leaving NC next Thursday for Valcourt. Booked at Grand Times Hotel, Sherbrooke. We're thinking about doing it up right and taking the Trans Canada Highway all the way west thru the Canadian Rockies to Washington state. I have the route pretty well mapped out in 250 - 300 mile segments -- that's about how far we care to ride the '15 RT Limited and the new F3L pulling a trailer. I'm unsure that the distances between fuel stations is compatible with the 1330's range, especially in the more remote parts of Canada. Also have some concerns about motel/hotel availability due to Summer tourism. Any hints, advice or tips are greatly welcome.

Also, on separate topic. I've been in contact with the Canadian Mounted Police re: pistols and long guns at the border. The internet is ripe with misinformation. Pistols of any kind are a strict no-no. There are 4 reasons pistols may be imported. Personal protection is NOT on the list. Long guns are viewed more permissively. But regs vary province to province. Gotta know where you are going to know what you can do. Since I am an avid fan of 2d Amendment rights, the inability to defend wife and self while traveling in the 21st Century is bothersome. But it is what it is...

Thanks again...

Punji

Spyder Garage

If you order Bacon in Canada, it will be the same bacon you get in the states.

Canadian bacon ordered in the USA is actually ham in Canada

Pemeal Bacon in Canada, is pickled pork loin rolled in either cornmeal or Peameal. If you order Canadian bacon in Canada you will get Peameal Bacon.

So if you have ordered Canadian Bacon in the USA it will NOT be the Canadian Bacon you get in Canada.

it is yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Punji,
    Regarding our Second Amendment rights:
    You gotta play by their rules, when you're in their sandbox...
    The only other advice that I've got, is just a reminder that if you order bacon with your breakfast: it won't be what you think it is!
    But it's still pretty darn good anyway!
    Have a fun and safe trip!

Spyder Garage

Thats a heck of a trip 5700 miles from Valcourt back to NC.

Hey, all --

Wife and I will be leaving NC next Thursday for Valcourt. Booked at Grand Times Hotel, Sherbrooke. We're thinking about doing it up right and taking the Trans Canada Highway all the way west thru the Canadian Rockies to Washington state. I have the route pretty well mapped out in 250 - 300 mile segments -- that's about how far we care to ride the '15 RT Limited and the new F3L pulling a trailer. I'm unsure that the distances between fuel stations is compatible with the 1330's range, especially in the more remote parts of Canada. Also have some concerns about motel/hotel availability due to Summer tourism. Any hints, advice or tips are greatly welcome.

Also, on separate topic. I've been in contact with the Canadian Mounted Police re: pistols and long guns at the border. The internet is ripe with misinformation. Pistols of any kind are a strict no-no. There are 4 reasons pistols may be imported. Personal protection is NOT on the list. Long guns are viewed more permissively. But regs vary province to province. Gotta know where you are going to know what you can do. Since I am an avid fan of 2d Amendment rights, the inability to defend wife and self while traveling in the 21st Century is bothersome. But it is what it is...

Thanks again...

Punji

Spyder Garage

And Drummondville is said to be the Home of Poutine in Canada. It definitely would not be Putin, as they would be Russian fries and those come with Vodka and Caviar

Joe

Spyder Garage

Thats a heck of a trip 5700 miles from Valcourt back to NC.

Hey, all --

Thanks again...

Punji

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default From the horse's (RCMP's) mouth

When we crossed into Canada (in 2014) we declared we had our long gun in the RV, and had to register the weapon and pay a fee. They pulled us aside, into the building and ran a check on our identities and filled out the paperwork. We also had to let them physically look at the gun.

Here is the link http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...visite-eng.htm

.. and the form http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...s/5589-eng.pdf

And yes, what visit to french Canada would be complete without poutine!
    Last edited by asp125; 05-19-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Punji,
    Regarding our Second Amendment rights:
    You gotta play by their rules, when you're in their sandbox...
    The only other advice that I've got, is just a reminder that if you order bacon with your breakfast: it won't be what you think it is!
    But it's still pretty darn good anyway!
    Have a fun and safe trip!

Aw yes "Canadian Bacon With Tomatoes". My favorite Pizza. Really!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post
    If you order Bacon in Canada, it will be the same bacon you get in the states.

Canadian bacon ordered in the USA is actually ham in Canada

Pemeal Bacon in Canada, is pickled pork loin rolled in either cornmeal or Peameal. If you order Canadian bacon in Canada you will get Peameal Bacon.

So if you have ordered Canadian Bacon in the USA it will NOT be the Canadian Bacon you get in Canada.

it is yummy.

Come on, this is getting way to complicated for our "resident" Bacon Lover. Eh Bob?

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WellsboroSpyder View Post
    I have no worries but this was my point. Among 3000 people I'm sure someone my need this information. Would hate to see my fellow spyder brothers or sisters turned away for something that comes up from past history. We have had the Spyder to Niagara Falls with no problems. Before our Spyder days we rode 4 wheelers and was able to cross In to Canada at Jackman Maine. What a blast and saw moose.
    I am sure that it will happen to someone. With all the discussion going on about travelling here next month. I am sure there will be a few stories on here about being tuned away at the border for the very same reasons that are being discussed. There are always a few hat think they know how to thwart the system and end up being caught.

Whenever we travel to a new country we always check out what the differences are and what not to do. Sometimes, what seems like a minor thing to us can be a huge issue in that country. Sure, we can just not go, but then we would miss out on a glorious experience.

Spyder Garage

Default Pretty modern little country up here

Hey, all --

Thanks again...

Punji
    Lots of gas stations up here , lots of towns and cities along the highways mostly like the good ole USA ...... doubt you will need a gun of any type unless you plan on trying to rob a bank up here ( haven't needed one in 55 years but that's just me I guess) . Hunting is still popular here but Not sure where you would carry a long rifle on a Spyder ? Don't rely on what you read on the internet .... come see it for yourself

Spyder Garage

Default False .

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    If you have a DUI you will be denied entry into Canada. However there are ways around this and they involve paying a fee for entry. One option is to pay a fee at the time of crossing. Last time I was with a person who did this (maybe 10 years ago) the fee was $250 USD for the day. This person then hired a lawyer which basically filled out some paperwork and paid a fee to wipe the DUI from their record for the purposes of crossing into Canada. Basically, if you pay the fine in some shape or form you are good to go........See American and Canadian governments really aren't that different. It just comes down to money

Note: This is driving across the border only. You can fly into Canada all you like with a DUI.
    You can't make a criminal record go away by waving money at a Border agency. ( wether you consider it " a silly adolescent slip up " or not ) You would need to get a pardon on your record
    its not any different than going from here to the States

Spyder Garage

Cool Thanks, all

I knew I could count on you for info. Even for info I wasn't expecting ... bacon, for example.

The Spyders are cleaned/polished and sitting in the garage staring at roadmaps. Going to DMV this morning to register newly arrived trailer.

My apologies to our Canadian cousins who thought I was insulting the sanctity of their fine country with my comments about the 2d Amendment. Not so. I wasn't planning on carrying a firearm because of concerns about Canda. I have to travel through the U.S. to get to and from Valcourt. Thus, the firearm. 30+ years in Florida taught me that many Americans are perfectly willing to open fire over perceived driving irregularities -- or less. Open-carry is the law of the land in North Carolina and I like it. Once you get over seeing firearms in Walmart then you gain respect for how responsible most gun-carrying Americans are. Besides, here in far western NC there's not many cops to go around.

At any rate, thanks for the info/advice. See you in Valcourt.

punji

Spyder Garage

I understand that that there are certain places to lock your guns up or store prior to crossing over the border. Not sure where they are. This could be a potential solution that could be researched.

I knew I could count on you for info. Even for info I wasn't expecting ... bacon, for example.

The Spyders are cleaned/polished and sitting in the garage staring at roadmaps. Going to DMV this morning to register newly arrived trailer.

My apologies to our Canadian cousins who thought I was insulting the sanctity of their fine country with my comments about the 2d Amendment. Not so. I wasn't planning on carrying a firearm because of concerns about Canda. I have to travel through the U.S. to get to and from Valcourt. Thus, the firearm. 30+ years in Florida taught me that many Americans are perfectly willing to open fire over perceived driving irregularities -- or less. Open-carry is the law of the land in North Carolina and I like it. Once you get over seeing firearms in Walmart then you gain respect for how responsible most gun-carrying Americans are. Besides, here in far western NC there's not many cops to go around.

At any rate, thanks for the info/advice. See you in Valcourt.

punji

Brownsburg Chatham Québec Canada & Fort Pierce FL
    Spyder Garage

Joe
    You can order poutine in Florida to. I hate one at Strawberry festival in Plant City FL.
    Maurice RV Full Timer
    Spyder RT SM6 2014 Blanc Pearl.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Endorsement

Here is an interesting question. We live in California where a Motorcycle Endorsement is not required to ryde a spyder. While my wife and I have had one in the past, they have long since expired. So my question is will this cause any issue at the Canadian border?
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Here is an interesting question. We live in California where a Motorcycle Endorsement is not required to ryde a spyder. While my wife and I have had one in the past, they have long since expired. So my question is will this cause any issue at the Canadian border?
    If you are legal to ride your Spyder in your state without a motorcycle license then you are legal in Canada as well. Doubtful they will ask. Quebec residents don't need a motorcycle license either for a Spyder. They just do an 8 hour course.

Brian

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    If you are legal to ride your Spyder in your state without a motorcycle license then you are legal in Canada as well. Doubtful they will ask. Quebec residents don't need a motorcycle license either for a Spyder. They just do an 8 hour course.

Brian
    Thanks Brian!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Border Xing

A few years ago I was headed to Tobermory for a camping-photography trip. I said something to the border agent about I didn't see why my friends were waiting to come up on the weekend. "It wasn't like any of them had jobs".
    I was delayed for 3 hours, until somebody believed me that I didn't need to buy my drugs in Canada; I have decent insurance.
    Answer what they ask, folks. Move along, nothing to see here.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779