Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default WOLO vs STEBEL Horns

I am not sure which horn the vendor installed on Mr. Cognac. Which is louder and what model number is it. Your thoughts please. Thanks.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have neither on my spyder, but I installed the Wolo horn from Harbor Freight on my M109R, and it was really loud. Very good purchase. I am thinking of installing one on my spyder. But the electronics on this thing are so picky, I am afraid to touch anything myself.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I took off the left lower panel, used the existing wiring for the stock horn, added a short extension and mounted the WOLO to an existing screw with an angle bracket. Works great and it is loud.

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..

They both have the same configuration so at a distance look alike. You just have to get close and you will see what is stamped on them for the name and model. I think they both only make one model compact air horn. Sound would be the same not sure on the decibles. Biggest difference would be the price...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Stebel Nautilus is advertised at 139 db, the Wolo Bad Boy is 123.5 db.

I've had both. The Stebel was to me noticeably louder, and in my opinion better quality. It's German made, where the Wolo is a Chinese copy.

And you can usually find the Stebel on Amazon for $30.

https://www.amazon.com/Stebel-116900.../dp/B00CMX20H4

It's what's on both my RTS and my Vision.

Your mileage may vary.

Jim

2014 RT-S Cognac
    2008 Victory Vision
    Iron Butt Assn #23572
    Victory Motorcycle Club #533

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Wolo is a copy of the Stebel...
    I don't know if there are differences in the quality, but I know that my Stebel is a definite eye-opener in traffic!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up There's a differnce!!

Have a bad boy on my V-Max and a Stebel on the Valkyrie ( recently sold it ). Both hooked up with a relay to the battery. The Stebel is noticeably louder.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good information from all of you. Thanks. I guess I will get down and look and see what I have installed.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

This is awesome, I couldn't make up my mind, I'm going with Stebel. I have a question if I install Stebel and leave stock on, do I just splice into horn switch? Stebel will have own power and relay.

Thanks in advance

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cognac View Post
    Good information from all of you. Thanks. I guess I will get down and look and see what I have installed.

Please let us know what you have, I thinking of doing an upgrade, Has anyone tried out the one that TricLed has https://www.tricledusa.com/_p/prd1/4...h-safety-relay
    2015 RT LTD-Black: Belt Guard, SS Radiator Mesh & knott Grilles, Doc's Vib Damper, BS Mirrors, TricLED H-Lights, Brake & Mirror Turn Signals, FOBO, SpyderPops Bumpskid & LEDs, BajaRon Sway Bar & Billet Links, Lidlox, ISCI Hand Brake, Dual USB outlets, RamMounts, X Grip, Fuzeblock, Shortie Antenna, Alarm, Merlot's Mirror Magnets, Radar/Laser Detection, NBV Gripper Pegs, Shorty Windshield, Nautilus Horn, Gremlin Bell, Dig Clock & Voltmeter, GoPro, Nomad trailer & BRP Hitch, KradelLock, AirHawk R.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1051 View Post
    Please let us know what you have, I thinking of doing an upgrade, Has anyone tried out the one that TricLed has https://www.tricledusa.com/_p/prd1/4...h-safety-relay
    Wolo....I will live with it for a while and but may change it out to Stebel....

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

George,
    I was sure that the sound of your .45 would be more than sufficient...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    George,
    I was sure that the sound of your .45 would be more than sufficient...
    Bob, I always take my hearing aides out before shooting.....not near as loud without them.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In an emergency situation on the highway: you just have to grin and bear it!
    Gunner 1.gif

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    In an emergency situation on the highway: you just have to grin and bear it!
    Gunner 1.gif
    My backup is a .357 S&W with Black Talons. It is really loud.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

If you get the Stebel, does it come with everything you need to install on a Spyder (in my case an 15 RTL) or are there additional parts needed (wires, relay, bracket etc)?

Thanks
    Don
    2015 RTSS Limited, red/white, Lamonster NVB highway bars, Ultimate midrider seat with backrest, Show Chrome passenger armrests .................................................. .....

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ramg66 View Post
    This is awesome, I couldn't make up my mind, I'm going with Stebel. I have a question if I install Stebel and leave stock on, do I just splice into horn switch? Stebel will have own power and relay.

Thanks in advance
    Connect the relay coil to the existing horn wires. You'll be OK. Run power from battery to relay contact terminal, from other relay contact terminal to horn, and horn ground to battery.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Connect the relay coil to the existing horn wires. You'll be OK. Run power from battery to relay contact terminal, from other relay contact terminal to horn, and horn ground to battery.
    Thank you sir.

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6