Spyder Garage

Default Federal Formaze AZO1 Tires on Front on new 2016 RT Limited

OK Guys,
    1. Started 5 weeks ago with selling dealer installing one new front Kenda tire. Did not correct problem!
    2. I had it Rolo laser aligned, not by dealer, but a very intelligent individual with all the equipment, even hook up to a computer when finished! (paid for by me)
    3. I order two new V-Rubber tires, because I couldn't get any Federal tires for a few weeks! Had them install at my local tire store and balanced! No help, Spyder handled worse! (Pd for by Me)
    4. I talked to a Spyder tech at another dealership. He encouraged me to look at back tire and belt tension! (No cost to me)
    5. Put original kenda tires and balanced back on Spyder at local tirestore! ( Paid for by me)
    6. I had the back wheel lined and belt tension set by laser! (Paid for by me)
    7. I carry Spyder to another dealership over 100 miles a way. They kept it that week and checked everything in the front end, replaced a right front wheel bearing, and even took rim and tires off a showroom floor Spyder and put on mine! Handlebars still shook and Spyder pulled to the right, not as bad on the pulling! (Waiting to see if BRP will help with this one)!
    8. New Federal tires installed and balanced by my local tire dealer today! Ride up to 40 mph seems smoother, but still have some handlebar shake at certain speeds! (Paid for by Me)
    9. I did notice with the new Federal tires when I drop to a lower gear, and turned up the RPM and hit a speed that the handlebar shake went away, Spyder ran smooth and did not pull to right, some of the time, then it might go back to shaking! When it shakes, it pulls to the right, and it is no fun to ride it!
    10. If this was a car dealer with a car costing this much, they would fix it, not me!! Probably my last Spyder, since I had a 2013 RT Limited before this that was great!

Spyder Garage

Is there a Lemon Law in GA that covers motorcycles?
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default lemon law

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Is there a Lemon Law in GA that covers motorcycles?
    Yes, we have a lemon law in Georgia, but I was hoping Can Am Spyder Tech's would help the dealer solve the problem! I am through spending money on it!

Spyder Garage

I wouldn't of spent a dime on that new Rt. My dealer and BRP would have fixed it in a timely manner or I would of called a lawyer. This is Ridiculous.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I found certain places or most cannot balance a tire for ****. But the hunter road force balance machine can improve your ride if you find a Place that has one and someone who really knows how to use it. Plus they may not have the correct size cone to fit the wheel. I bring mine with me when getting the fronts balanced.

Had same issues as you. The last balance finally worked. It was amazing to see how each shop balanced and how many weights or lack of weights were used. Also the placement was all over the place on the rim.

As others have stated too its a new bike. Get BRP involved too if needed.
    Last edited by trikermutha; 05-18-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Spyder Garage

Have you thought about using the Centramatic Balancers from LaMonster Garage? They will remove that last little bit of imbalance!

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/wheel-balancer-1/

I had the same problem with mine even after I got new wheels (was getting them anyway). I installed these and it's perfect now.

I also am switching to the AZ01's next week! The Kendas just plain SUCK! They always have, since day one I hated them. Their traction blows, even when fully heated. The rear is already worn out at 5k so a Kuhmo Ecsta AST is goin' on too!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Have you thought about using the Centramatic Balancers from LaMonster Garage? They will remove that last little bit of imbalance!

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/wheel-balancer-1/

I had the same problem with mine even after I got new wheels (was getting them anyway). I installed these and it's perfect now.

I also am switching to the AZ01's next week! The Kendas just plain SUCK! They always have, since day one I hated them. Their traction blows, even when fully heated. The rear is already worn out at 5k so a Kuhmo Ecsta AST is goin' on too!
    If you haven't already purchased the Kumho you might want to try the General Altimax instead. I really have had good luck with them.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default KUMHO VS.????

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    If you haven't already purchased the Kumho you might want to try the General Altimax instead. I really have had good luck with them.
    ......or a Pirelli - P4 Four Seasons PLUS in 215/60-15, I think you might get a bit more miles with the same or better traction capabilities..... I've seen them for just over $100 delivered on E-bay recently ...... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-18-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Lemon Law - GA

GA lemon law does not appear to cover motorcycles

http://www.dmv.org/ga-georgia/automo.../lemon-law.php

Spyder Garage

Default Ann

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Ann, please get Joe to read over the things I have done and give me some ideas for the dealer to try!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This bike is still under warranty...
    I'd would strongly suggest to the Service Manager, that it needs to be taken for a test-ride to evaluate what is going on...
    Once they have seen and felt what you've reported in here: tell them to make the bike right!
    Good luck; let us know what they find!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Seems like the front end has been gone over pretty well, including the tires and wheels. Could it have bad swing arm bushings or rear bearings? Cracked or bad frame? Very odd.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One thing is for sure: this should all be on BRP's dime!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm still in the weaning stage on the Spyder after 40+++ years of two-wheels-only so try not to laugh at my lack of knowledge, but how are the handlebars connected? Pretty sure it can't be any sort of "triple tree" set-up, but on motorcycles this sort of issue was sometimes due to loose steering heads or bad bearings in same. The receiving end has been gone over pretty thoroughly on this GA Spyder, how about the input end?
    Okay, y'all can stop laughing now.rotf.gifOr start.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Ann

What air pressure do you run in your Federal Formoze AZ01 front tires? I know you get a lot of miles on your tires!