Spyder Garage

Default Akrapovic exhaust

Just put the sport slip on silencer on my 2014 ST pulled the baffles it has a real nice sound, not too loud not too soft, Deep and throty really seems like a high quality piece

just want to put that out there for anybody that's interested

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by edgexsnoglobe View Post
    Just put the sport slip on silencer on my 2014 ST pulled the baffles it has a real nice sound, not too loud not too soft, Deep and throty really seems like a high quality piece

just want to put that out there for anybody that's interested
    I did the same on my 2013 ST limited, both baffles out. It draws attention LOL.

The only thing i notice is that with both baffles out, when you really want to get on it...taking off in first (SE tranny), I have a serious bog. Doesnt happen in other gears, just initially in first. Just curious after youve ridden it awhile if you have the same issue.
    2013 Spyder ST Limited...Akrapovic Sport Silencer, Fog Lights, Backrest, Spyderpops BumpSkid, 2014 cooling panels, BajaRon swaybar, Fox shocks, RS-S mag wheels...
    2014 Spyder RT-S, Spyderpops BumpSkid, BajaRon Swaybar, TricLED lighting, Magic Mirrors, Akrapovic Sport Silencer...

Spyder Garage

NSPYTE, My 2013 STS SE5 is bone stock and when I crack the throttle hard in first gear I too get a split second bog, then it "catches up" and takes off like a screaming banshee.
    This only happens in 1st gear! From any other gear if I roll on the throttle hard it takes off in a hurry!! But from any other gear I am usually at or above 5,000 RPM.
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NSPYTE View Post

The only thing i notice is that with both baffles out, when you really want to get on it...taking off in first (SE tranny), I have a serious bog. Doesnt happen in other gears, just initially in first. Just curious after youve ridden it awhile if you have the same issue.
    I noticed before I put exhaust on and after the same amount of bogging it just seems to be characteristic of the transmission because you are using a clutch system

Spyder Garage

Mine arrives tomorrow. Putting it on a 2013 ST-S SM5. Can't wait.

Spyder Garage

I put one on last week at Homecoming. Leaving the baffles in for now. May take them out later.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

I put the Sinister on mine and love it.
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Just got done installing it. I took the baffles out. It is still a little quiet in my opinion. I like the look of it but the sound of the Two Brothers exhaust better. One nice thing is the bike probably dropped 25lbs. Good lord is that stock muffler heavy.

Spyder Garage

Default alternative pipe

If anyone's interested, I just took off a near-new Tailgunner slip-on exhaust from my newly-acquired 2013 ST.
    New they're $650 on eBay, and weigh 7 pounds less than the stock muffler (13 lb vs 20 lb).

I'll sell this one for $300 (that's less than half price for those mathematically hindered) plus actual shipping.

peter.tamblyn@gmail.com

Pete
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

Time Out XL1800 cargo trailer

2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
    2018 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD
    2014 RT-Limited (cognac) SOLD

Spyder Garage

On mine I liked it with the baffolds out at first but when I got the cat bypass and the touring shield that trapped the sound in, too loud. I put the baffolds back on. I like the combination of the Akrapovic and the cat bypass.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NSPYTE View Post

I had a Harley with Screamin Eagle mufflers that the prior owner had removed the baffles ---Terribly noisy & I couldn't drop below 45mph in 5 th gear without the engine stuttering. Replaced the de-baffled Screamin Eagle mufflers with same non baffled muffler & I could drop down to 25 mph in 5th & accelerate. Most of these engines need the back pressure.
    d
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Default Down shifting is critical

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I had a Harley with Screamin Eagle mufflers that the prior owner had removed the baffles ---Terribly noisy & I couldn't drop below 45mph in 5 th gear without the engine stuttering. Replaced the de-baffled Screamin Eagle mufflers with same non baffled muffler & I could drop down to 25 mph in 5th & accelerate. Most of these engines need the back pressure.
    d
    Regardless of the vehicle, lugging the engine is every bit as damaging to the engine as over reving. Traveling in 5th, at a speed where you should be in 2nd, can bend internal parts and cause you to walk long distances.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Matahead View Post
    Regardless of the vehicle, lugging the engine is every bit as damaging to the engine as over reving. Traveling in 5th, at a speed where you should be in 2nd, can bend internal parts and cause you to walk long distances.
    The point of my post deals with the importance of back pressure lost via removing the baffles. My F3's SE6 automatically downshifts at 1800 rpm. At 1900 Rpm the engine pulls just fine without any stumbling. Engine stumbling may hurt the engine--but any steady pull (without engine stumbling vibration) from a low rpm does not.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    On mine I liked it with the baffolds out at first but when I got the cat bypass and the touring shield that trapped the sound in, too loud. I put the baffolds back on. I like the combination of the Akrapovic and the cat bypass.
    May I know your Akrapovic is a Touring or Sports model?