Spyder Garage

Default 2017 Spyder Homecoming - GPX files for the 5 Organized BRP Rides

Hello All

If you are going to the Spyder Homecoming, I have created .gpx files for the 5 routes that have been posted on the BRP Spyder Homecoming website.

These files can be uploaded to your GPS (usually through basecamp).

If you want access to the .gpx files I have put them on a publicly accessible drive at the following address.

In the file folder is also the posted BRP agenda, with the 5 maps shown pictorially.

If you are having any problems downloading, send me an email address and I will send you the files.

https://app.box.com/s/c9ujr2u8o5cvmv0endra8ukruyv5xenb

Spyder Garage

Got them
    Thanks
    Butch
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

I must be looking in the wrong spot cause I only see 2 ride routes on the Homecoming website. How did you come up with 5?
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

I also uploaded the latest agenda. Take a look in the .pdf document. Trust me I didn't just invent these.

QUOTE=Trbayth;1258561]I must be looking in the wrong spot cause I only see 2 ride routes on the Homecoming website. How did you come up with 5?[/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post
    I also uploaded the latest agenda. Take a look in the .pdf document. Trust me I didn't just invent these.

QUOTE=Trbayth;1258561]I must be looking in the wrong spot cause I only see 2 ride routes on the Homecoming website. How did you come up with 5?
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks, I know what my problem was. When you said "organized rides" I assumed you meant the rides heading to homecoming, not the organized rides during homecoming.

Someday I must learn how to read!
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Default Using GPX files with which application ?

Hello All

If you are going to the Spyder Homecoming, I have created .gpx files for the 5 routes that have been posted on the BRP Spyder Homecoming website.

If you want access to the .gpx files I have put them on a publicly accessible drive at the following address.

In the file folder is also the posted BRP agenda, with the 5 maps shown pictorially.

If you are having any problems downloading, send me an email address and I will send you the files.

Hi,

For those who are using GPX files as routing for their GPS, are you using them with a dedicated GPS or with a smart phone ?

If using a smart phone, can you share your experience about which application you are using ?

I'm looking on different iPhone apps to use as a GPS but I haven't find any of them with all the functionnalities of a real GPS (as my TomTom in my car). The majority of them want to take you directly to the end point but i want to be able to make my own route with whatever apps and import it into the iphone.

Thanks for sharing your experience !
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

I use a program called inRoute on my IOS, that generates the .gpx files that I posted. Super easy to use. You tag the start point, use waypoints to force it to route on the roads you want, tag the end point and the route is created. Export it to a .gpx file and you have what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    Hi,

For those who are using GPX files as routing for their GPS, are you using them with a dedicated GPS or with a smart phone ?

If using a smart phone, can you share your experience about which application you are using ?

I'm looking on different iPhone apps to use as a GPS but I haven't find any of them with all the functionnalities of a real GPS (as my TomTom in my car). The majority of them want to take you directly to the end point but i want to be able to make my own route with whatever apps and import it into the iphone.

Thanks for sharing your experience !

Spyder Garage

Thank you creating and sharing the routes
    2012 RT-SE5

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Thanks so much for posting these, will download them to my GPS tomorrow. I do not know why other "events" we have rode on do not make these available.

I remember a couple of years back a bunch of us got separated on a SpyderQuest ride. No one knew where to go. Fortunately a ride captain doubled back and got us back on track, But we were lost for a good 1/2 hour. Having a route in the GPS prevents all the drama if the group gets separated. Especially for us USA residents we are riding in another country!

Thanks again for making our rides more enjoyable.
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

Gazunni,

I downloaded your .GPX files into Basecamp. The routes would not work right (no doubt because they were not created on a Garmin Device). The tracks however worked correctly. So I created New Routes from the tracks that will work correctly with the Garmin Zumo GPS's (I am using a 590). I colored all the routes differently which will show up in Basecamp. I also renamed the route starting waypoint with the word start and the route name. This way you can go to that location from another starting point. So by simply opening the trip planner app and selecting which Homecoming route you want, you can simply select start, and the GPS will guide you to the Route starting location.

This will make it very easy for us with the Zumo's to use them, just import the routes I created from your .GPX files. I loaded them in my Zumo and made sure they work correctly.

I would like to share these with others, can you please PM me and I will email you the Routes for Garmin users?

Take Care,
    Louie

Hello All

Last edited by SpyderCruiser; 05-27-2017 at 04:08 PM.
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

Thanks to Gazunni he has made the Garmin Zumo Routes available I created from his Tracks. They can be found here https://app.box.com/s/c9ujr2u8o5cvmv0endra8ukruyv5xenb along with his original tracks. The File name is Spyder Homecoming Rides.gpx. That 1 file has all 5 rides and the bonus routes all in that one file. This was created specifically for a Garmin GPS and works in basecamp as well.

For those with a Garmin Zumo (though I suspect it will work with any Garmin), you can transfer that file into your GPS with either basecamp or copy the file into a micro SD card and stick it in your GPS. The Zumo can also wirelessly using Bluetooth, transfer the routes to your friends GPS.

I think this is a great thing to have in case you get separated from the group and suffer from lostasitis like I do .

Take Care,
    Louie
    2015 RTL , Red