Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    My set up is stock, except for car tires all around. No swaybar, no stiffeners, none of that extra stuff. What I do use is my body. I am either leaning pretty good or hanging off the side of the bike. That and my desire to go as fast as I can using the best cornering techniques that I can. I dont use the nanny as a fail safe to save my butt. My goal is to not have her make an appearance. I usually meet that goal. And I am not advising new riders to try this. Ive been riding 2 1/2 years on a Spyder and I am still learning. As they say, dont try this at home folks. Do what you are comfortable doing, not what others say they do.

As far as the definition of turns is concerned, I aint riding city streets at 35 or 40 mph over the speed limit. Im talking country roads, but not wide sweepers. Anyone can ride a wide sweeper 30 or 35 over the limit. But when I am really feeling "it", I will pull a 35 or 40 mph turn at 40 over. 40 over seems to be my limit currently. I will have half my butt off the bike, leaning out as far as I can. I dont do it all the time but I am generally going 30 over. I have been called crazy by my friends for the way I sometimes ride, but I love pushing my bike as hard as I can. Makes ya feel alive when ya do that. Believe me or dont believe me. I know what I can do. And surely to God I cant be the only one doing this.

Funny thing is, when Pebbles is on board, I am happy doing 5 or 10 over the limit so she is comfortable. I just want to ride.
    There are a lot of adrenaline junkies out there. My experience is that each level gets old pretty quick, and more adrenaline is desired so more limits get pushed until the line finally gets crossed. I hope you ryde safe for your sake and the sake of those who share those same roads. Would hate to read your obit here.
    [/IMG]

2012 RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium Metallic (traded in)
    2015 RT LTD SE6, Red Pearl, Ultra Comfort Seat
    MODS: shorty antenna, BajaRon sway bar, Air Hawk cushion, custom LED US flag, custom Sue Hopper painted SPECOPS hood logo, custom Combat Craft Crewman windshield engraving, cup holder, Doc Humphry's 2017 complete RT kit belt tensioner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Warrant View Post
    There are a lot of adrenaline junkies out there. My experience is that each level gets old pretty quick, and more adrenaline is desired so more limits get pushed until the line finally gets crossed. I hope you ryde safe for your sake and the sake of those who share those same roads. Would hate to read your obit here.
    Yes, I am an adrenaline junkie but I do not ride like this all the time. Cant do it when people are in front of me, and I don't do it when there is a lot of traffic on the other side of the road, cuz you never know what they are gonna do. I also don't do 40 over the speed limit on turns that I cant see around. If the road has been either cut into rock outcroppings, or built around them and block the view of the road, (like the Dragon or the Devils Whip)I am usually around 20 or 25 over. But if the road doesn't have anything blocking the view, I am pushing it as hard as I can.
    I don't have a death wish, I have a life wish. My bike is my drug and I partake in the adrenaline as much as I can. Its good for this old man. But I appreciate the concern.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Adrenaline Junkies"???
    Try not telling your Missus about all of the Farkle Money that you've spent, and have her figure it all out on her own!
    1. It doesn't put anyone else in danger
    2. It is WAYYYYYY.... more dangerous than riding any motorcycle!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 05-18-2017 at 08:22 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black