Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RT SE5 iPod Compatability Chart?

Anyone know which iPods are compatible with the sound system? My Nano is NOT. I've got Bluetooth earbuds and a Galaxy 7 that provide music for me. So does the wife, but via iPhone. But now and then I may want to be obnoxious and blast some Five Finger Death Punch at the beach or in a park.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Anyone know which iPods are compatible with the sound system? My Nano is NOT. I've got Bluetooth earbuds and a Galaxy 7 that provide music for me. So does the wife, but via iPhone. But now and then I may want to be obnoxious and blast some Five Finger Death Punch at the beach or in a park.
    From the operator's guide - page 38....Don't know if any adapters can expand that list or not.

Compatible iPod Device
    Made for:

• – iPod touch (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation)
    • – iPod nano (5th and 6th generation)
    • – iPhone 4
    • – iPhone 3GS
    • – iPhone 3G.

And if you need a guide, you can download it here.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...b-fe83c72d5438
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 05-11-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Default Ipod Compatibilty

I had an older ipod that didn't work well with 2011RT. One day while my son was downloading music from
    my itunes account we noticed a place to download upgrades. It worked much better after that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Border Rider View Post
    I had an older ipod that didn't work well with 2011RT. One day while my son was downloading music from
    my itunes account we noticed a place to download upgrades. It worked much better after that.
    You mean updating the iOS on the iPod? Mine is kept current and it's a 6th gen Nano. It's supposed to work.

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Believe it or not the best MP3/iPod players is a de-activated iPhone 4's. I pushed it to the limit I have a CB radio GPS, communication system between passenger and driver, satellite XM radio and the iPhone 4 has never failed me yet. The iPhone 4 also worked on 2016. I picked up a few to give me a winter project and I got them loaded with a bunch of MP3 file/playlists. I use them at Spyder rally for trading/selling. I have three left. You can find them on eBay for between approximately $30-$50 but be careful to make sure they're iCloud/activation unlock. I did get burnt on a few. Another nice thing about the iPhone in an emergency you can still use it to call 911. The ones I have can be activated if you're looking to get into a iPhone. The ones I have left is on the Verizon network or the Sprint network. One more thing the old I pod touch 4 works pretty good also.
    Life is Great
    ToM

Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You can use an IPhone 6s as long as you have an Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter. It works on mine. If you can find a non Apple adapter that transmits data as well as charges, it should work also. Probably can use any IPhone with the correct adapter.
    Last edited by Bam Bam and Pebbles; 05-13-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChildhood View Post
    Believe it or not the best MP3/iPod players is a de-activated iPhone 4's. I pushed it to the limit I have a CB radio GPS, communication system between passenger and driver, satellite XM radio and the iPhone 4 has never failed me yet. The iPhone 4 also worked on 2016. I picked up a few to give me a winter project and I got them loaded with a bunch of MP3 file/playlists. I use them at Spyder rally for trading/selling. I have three left. You can find them on eBay for between approximately $30-$50 but be careful to make sure they're iCloud/activation unlock. I did get burnt on a few. Another nice thing about the iPhone in an emergency you can still use it to call 911. The ones I have can be activated if you're looking to get into a iPhone. The ones I have left is on the Verizon network or the Sprint network. One more thing the old I pod touch 4 works pretty good also.
    Tom,
    Can you PM me with some more info about these phones?
    (Memory capacity, How do you get the songs into them...)
    Also: how much do you want for one?
    Thanks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    From the operator's guide - page 38....Don't know if any adapters can expand that list or not.

Compatible iPod Device
    Made for:

• – iPod touch (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation)
    • – iPod nano (5th and 6th generation)
    • – iPhone 4
    • – iPhone 3GS
    • – iPhone 3G.

And if you need a guide, you can download it here.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...b-fe83c72d5438
    Thanks!

My Nano is a 6th Gen 16GB, but my Spyder says, "MP3 player not supported." Then it'll play music, but no controls from handlebars...only on the Nano itself in the trunk. Then, if I shift, hit a turn signal, etc. it might stop playing.
    Last edited by Musashi; 05-12-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Congrats on having excellent taste in music. FFDP, Disturbed, Godsmack and anything else that assaults the ears is great to listen to while riding your Spyder!!

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Although my music is a bit older...
    Black Sabbath
    Blue Oyster Cult
    Deep Purple
    Rainbow
    Ted Nugent
    AC/DC

If ti's not fit for human consumption: it's in my I-Pod!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Although my music is a bit older...
    Black Sabbath
    Blue Oyster Cult
    Deep Purple
    Rainbow
    Ted Nugent
    AC/DC

If ti's not fit for human consumption: it's in my I-Pod!
    Most of my riding music is actually Jalapeno Pack, Outlaw Country, Southern Rock with a heavy presence from ZZ Top. But I toss in a contemporary favorite now and then for spice...like The Black Crowes, FFDP, and even Pentatonix.