Spyder Garage

Default Adjustable suspension.

I have a 2016 RT Ltd with adjustable rear air suspension. I recently had the dash instrument cluster replaced due to fogging on the inside of the glass. The grey bar graph which shows up when I manually adjusted the pressure setting has gone, being replaced by a red vertical bar which just reads "Manual" with no indication of setting. Has the dealer fitted the wrong cluster, maybe one off the model without the automatic adjustment function.
    Thanks

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm believing that the 2016 models are going to function the same way as our earlier models since everything seems identical. So, this is what I believe is going on with yours.

The key thing here is that the problem started after the cluster replacement. The gauge cluster is what controls the operation of the automatic ACS system. First thing then, the gauge cluster needs to be told that your machine has the automatic ACS in BUDS. The BUDS screen looked like this for my model year and should be similar for yours. Check the box for "WITH" the ACS. I would also suspect that your technician also needs to perform the ACS sensor reset and calibration procedure, since all of that data was stored in the old cluster. That procedure is also done via BUDS and two blocks of wood - one short one and one long on - which set the low and high positions of the ride height. So, correcting this shouldn't be a big deal, just another trip to the dealer so he can finish what he started. Let us know how you make out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 05-14-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Most of these ACS gauges seem to display 'Manual' if the air pressure in the bag drops below some pre-set level, & every one I've seen so far (that was still capable of functioning) worked properly again once some air pressure had been added via the valve under the seat... So it might just take adding some air, maybe 10 or so psi, for your ACS to resume working; certainly shouldn't hurt any, just so long as you don't go over a max pressure of about 70 or so!

Good Luck.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check to make sure that the strut that measures the ride height is still hooked to the swingarm.
    They shouldn't have had to monkey with it, but you never can tell...

ACS Strut.jpg

It probably is just a "BUDS Thing"...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black