Spyder Garage

Default BRP Cover doesn't last too long..

Just a heads up in case anyone was thinking of buying a full cover from BRP; Don't do it!
    After less than two years, the cotton inside has decomposed, leaving a fine layer of hard to remove lint every time I remove it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jneg2 View Post
    Just a heads up in case anyone was thinking of buying a full cover from BRP; Don't do it!
    After less than two years, the cotton inside has decomposed, leaving a fine layer of hard to remove lint every time I remove it.
    You must have got a bad one. I have had mine for around 5 years on 4 different Spyders, and although it has faded it is still in great condition inside, and yes it is an outside cover.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have one also from 2010 and it seems as good as the day I got it but I will admit that I don't use it often. It sits in my garage in Las Vegas which gets really, really hot but it hasn't decomposed.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jneg2 View Post
    After the inside cotton had started to peel away around areas that they're shouldn't be any (exhaust, rubber tires),
    I actually took the time to peel that damaged layer off, and run it through a light dryer cycle to remove any loose fibers, so they wouldn't stick to the bike. All to no avail.. $229 down the drain for another BRP POS.
    Any suggestions for any other replacement outdoor one?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got one from 2010 also: it's still like new!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnny pop View Post
    After the inside cotton had started to peel away around areas that they're shouldn't be any (exhaust, rubber tires),
    I actually took the time to peel that damaged layer off, and run it through a light dryer cycle to remove any loose fibers, so they wouldn't stick to the bike. All to no avail.. $229 down the drain for another BRP POS.
    Any suggestions for any other replacement outdoor one?

You put it in a HOT dryer????? "You have discovered the enemy and he is within"

Jack!
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

You put it in a HOT dryer????? "You have discovered the enemy and he is within"

Jack!
    You're probably right, but it was my last resort! (And it was on the lowest setting..)