Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Throttle body and sensor issue 2010 RT

Code P1614 on my ryde. Wednesday, took it to dealer - cleaned throttle body and reset computer. $150, 1 3/4 hours labor. Rode 100 miles on Saturday, couple of starts no issue. Last start to head home, check engine - code P1614. Read service bulletin about this and one fix is to replace throttle body. How much is this gonna cost? Is that the only solution? BTW, with key on -key off a couple of times, it does start and run. Am I going back to the dealer to get this fixed?
    Jim

2010 RT SM5
    28,000 miles

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

P1614 means exactly what it says...
    Your dealer can contact BRP, and see if they're willing to perform the replacement on an "accommodation basis" for you.
    (It never hurts to ask!)
    The best of luck to you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Arrow FYI

Throttle Body Bulletin.pdf - Google Drive

Let us know how it turns out.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

There were some issues with the 2010 and 2011 TB's. Usually resulting in not wanting to start when up to operating temperature. Both my 2010 and 2011 were fixed under warranty when the warranty was still in effect.

If the work was not originally done on yours, perhaps the dealer may be able to convince BRP to fix under warranty.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy66 View Post
    Code P1614 on my ryde. Wednesday, took it to dealer - cleaned throttle body and reset computer. $150, 1 3/4 hours labor. Rode 100 miles on Saturday, couple of starts no issue. Last start to head home, check engine - code P1614. Read service bulletin about this and one fix is to replace throttle body. How much is this gonna cost? Is that the only solution? BTW, with key on -key off a couple of times, it does start and run. Am I going back to the dealer to get this fixed?
    Jim

2010 RT SM5
    28,000 miles
    I had the same issue this morning. 2010 RTS with 10,500 miles. Calling the dealer Tuesday.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-man View Post
    I had the same issue this morning. 2010 RTS with 10,500 miles. Calling the dealer Tuesday.
    Let me know what you find out. I am calling Monday morning. I'll post info when I know...
    Jim

LaMonster Belt Dampener

Spyder Garage

Anyone here had the throttle body replaced on a 2010 RT? I have no idea how much this is going to cost. Dealer already cleaned throttle body - one of the fixes in the service bulletin for the P1614 code - and I still get the check engine and code. Just wondering how much to set aside for this repair.
    Jim

LaMonster Belt Dampener

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy66 View Post
    Anyone here had the throttle body replaced on a 2010 RT? I have no idea how much this is going to cost. Dealer already cleaned throttle body - one of the fixes in the service bulletin for the P1614 code - and I still get the check engine and code. Just wondering how much to set aside for this repair.
    Jim
    So I called my dealer as I mentioned above. He says that BRP "Might" replace the throttle body for free, but only the parts. Labor would be around $500. I think I'm going to wait and see how much of a problem this is for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-man View Post
    So I called my dealer as I mentioned above. He says that BRP "Might" replace the throttle body for free, but only the parts. Labor would be around $500. I think I'm going to wait and see how much of a problem this is for me.
    Let's see if we can override the dealer.

see if you can start a case with brp: brp.care@brp.com

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red