Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    We will be waiting for the evaluation ride update.
    Ok got it back today. Had them install the tensioner just as a precaution. Noticed the front tires both had exactly 15lbs so i aired em up to 20. Seems to have helped a bit. Noticed the pulling still there so i went home and swapped one of the spare wheels i bought from a dealer onto the front right. Didnt really seem to change. Took it about 50 miles. Still pulls to the right but not on all roads and not quite as bad as in my neighborhood. Crowning could be an issue but ive noticed under acceleration the torque seems to exaggerate the pulling a bit. When i let off the gas it wants to track more straight ahead. Maybe the nature of a three cyl? Highway feels better though. Was hesitant to get on the highway but surprisingly thats where it tracks the best and feels the most stable. Im starting to think these three wheelers are just highly sensitive to road crowning/irregularities/ruts.
    All in all its def not a motorcycle lol. Almost all of my riding corrections have to be done through the bars, not with my legs. That takes getting used to. On my bikes ive always just been able to make corrections with my legs. This is new and i cant relax or ride with one hand like i could on a bike. Constantly having to make corrections to keep it from drifting. Maybe in time. I have an appt for a laser alignment in two weeks. Maybe that will help.
    Def a different kind of fun. Kind of miss having a clutch and a hand brake though. The wife will love this, no clutch to worry about on hills. This is for her mostly so for now im happy
    Def going to change the seat, get a taller windscreen, and a RAM center mount for the iphone for gps. My butt hurts after 50 miles lol, the wind buffeting could be better with a taller screen, and mounting the phone within reach and sight will be great.
    Last edited by Slowpoke387; 05-17-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Tire Pressures

Slowpoke387, My 2015 F3S Spyder manual calls for 15psi on the stock tires with min=13psi and max=17psi on the front tires. I would suspect that if you have returned to the stock wheels/tires that you are over-inflating the fronts at 20psi which can cause increased twitchiness. The stock rear tire is spec'd at 28psi with 26 & 30 as min/max.

Like yourself, I had ridden a lot of high-performance two-wheel bikes for a long time. What I found on my demonstrator Spyder that I purchased was that the stock handle bar grips were too small for me which resulted in needing to grip more tightly than I wanted. For about $12, I purchased a pair of Spyderpops foam grips and the potential for death grip handling completely disappeared. The front wheel Spyders do have a large tendency IMHO to follow the camber of the road and have significant bump steer when hitting two dissimilar road heights with the front wheels at about the same time.

I had an expert tech who uses the True Laser Track alignment system do a three-wheel alignment with the 1/2" toe on the front tires aligned with the rear tire and the trike tracks like on rails hands free under normal circumstances.
    Last edited by Capt. Bob; 06-21-2017 at 07:26 AM.